What's new

Darwin's Guerilla Prep - Power Kush, Power Plant, White Widow, Mandala Safari Mix

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ok so for the last several weeks i've been getting together a few bits and pieces i've had lying around for an outdoor grow in the next season. i'm was busy when first getting these things going and forgot to take down the exact dates, so i'm going to have a guess. it's all relative anyway haha.

grown from seed - @ 2.5 weeks (28/05/10)
- Power Plant (1) (fem seed)

freebies received with other orders - @ 2 weeks (28/05/10)
- Power Kush (5)
- Mandala Safari Mix (3)

(regular seeds, males WOOO time to stuff around with some seed production breeding/crosses.)

according to mandala seeds the safari mix "contains a mix of seeds from various experimental crosses in our breeder lab". so unsure what i've got here but oh well no harm in growing them out.

grown from clones - @ 4 weeks (28/05/10)
- White Widow (4)
- Power Plant (2)

a few months has been given to get them to a reasonable size before putting them out in the big bad wild.

gear
measurements
- ec meter
- ph meter
- soil ph meter
- soil moisture meter
- temp/humidity meter

soil mix
ratio (approx. 25%/25%/50%)
- (3 cups) Seasol 5in1 organic plant food
- (2.5 cups) Perlite
- (6 cups) Osmocote premium potting mix
- (2tps) Iron Sulphate (soil acidifier)

water additives
- ph Lower
- Superthrive
- Seasol (organic nutrients)
- Plant Starter (root stimulant)

ph of water is at 6.40, it's low for now as the soil ph is close to 7 so when the soil comes down to 6.80 i'll match the water ph to 6.80.

for seedlings - water mix = 2ml seasol, 1 drop super thrive, 3ml root stimulant for ~1L. EC = 0.35
i'll only use this once a week, the rest of the time (every few days) i'll water with plane ph adjusted tap water.

for clones - water mix = 2-3 cap lids of seasol, 1ml super thrive, 2-3 cap lids of root stimulant for ~10L. EC's = 0.45

other
- Ski goggles - eye protection for lights
- jiffy pellets - clones/seeds

here're some photos my friends!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

power plant (1), power kush (5), safari mix (3)

attachment.php

Attachments

• grow 28 05 10 stuff1.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 stuff1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 13
  • grow 28 05 10 seeds1.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 seeds1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
  • grow 28 05 10 seeds.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 seeds.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11
  • grow 28 05 10 lot.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 lot.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 10

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
clone photos

attachment.php

attachment.php

power plant (2), white widow (4)

the C in front of the label = Clone.

they were showing signs of lockout/nute def (iron specifically) so it was time to repot them and mix up a soil with more organic ferts in it as well as drop the ph of the water mix. added the 25/25/50 soil up with the 5in1 seasol nutes and they're going green again.

the clones will obviously all be female as they were taken from female plants from fem seeds. flowering one of the original mum's out at the moment. kept it relatively small as it was grown indoors stealth cabinet under ~80w CFLs until about 3 weeks into flowering. then moved into a grow tent with 400w hps. so it's only got to about 3 feet high, give or take. we also screwed around with a fair few pruning techniques, removing the entire top at week 4 (once 5 nodes had developed), then tried the FIM (fuck i missed) technique where only 70% of the grow tip is removed as opposed to 100% of it, this lead to 4 tops growing out of this side branch's top, and we left the opposite side branch natural to compare. so far large tops have developed nicely from the initial top of the main cola, the FIM tech on the side branch was probably done a bit to late in the veg stage and so didn't grow those 4 tops out as much as would've been wanted so they're relatively small, with the other side cola (natural) about 1/2-2/3 the size of one of the main colas. currently have about a week left before harvest! this will actually be my first harvest, grown for the past 5-6 months so still a noob but have screwed around more with learning about pruning and cloning in the veg cycle and haven't flowered, but this white widow was a friend's and he wanted to go through all the stages, seed, veg, flower etc with at least one plant whilst i was stuffing around. anyway... i'll try taking some hot shots (with a decent slr camera) of the finished product at the end of next week and upload them, and give a smoke report after curing.

mail

mail

mail

mail

mail

she seems to be coming along nicely, can't get over how beautiful these plants really are! lower leaves are starting to go yellow from nitrogen being sucked out and put into the buds i'm assuming. planning on revegging this girl who's been named Maria as she was the strongest of all the initial white widow girls grown. might put her outdoors or leave her inside and scrog her, might try some lst on her and then clone her out as well as i'd like to keep perfecting these techniques as well as try new ones to see which work best. guess we'll see what happens.

suss out my Guerilla Grow Guide for info about guerilla growing (link's below). there's some more info on these guys in there too with other photos from the last few weeks. i just thought i'd do a more detailed grow thread here in the indoor soil section for now! anyway enjoy and stay tuned!

darwin

Attachments

• grow 28 05 10 clones2.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 clones2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
  • grow 28 05 10 clones1.jpg
    grow 28 05 10 clones1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 12

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i thought i'd add a photo of one of the plants recovering from iron def due to low ph/nute lockout. anyway that's what i'm fairly sure it is, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

attachment.php

initially the yellow started at the very middle of the node and moved out through the leaves. as you can see the green has moved into these yellow parts so it seems to be recovering nicely! thought i might as well write up a little about Iron def for those interested. i'll do this anytime i come across an issue with plant health for my sake and anyone who's reading with similar problems.

Iron (Fe) is required by plants for enzyme function and acts as a catalyst for the synthesis of chlorophyll, ie. the reason new shoots go yellow is because the synthesis of chlorophyll in these new leaves is reduced/blocked by the inability to take up Fe. Young active tissues need Fe to thrive.

Fe def usually indicates pH imbalance, one way of treating them is with foliar feeds with chelated ferts containing Fe, Mn and Zn in them, as these defs are often found in combination. you can also use compost, chelates, iron oxides and iron sulphates for fast absorption. supplements should be added foliarly and via the medium. adding rusty water also works!

(info from Marijuana Garden Saver by H.C. Stitch)

Attachments

• SNC00679.jpg
    SNC00679.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
T

TrichyTrichy

i've got the power kush and safari mix so this will be a great ref. thread. :thank you:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ah sweet trichy trichy, when you do (if you haven't already) got the PK and SM up and growing you'll have to let me know :D i'm interested to see how they go inside for the first few months and then outside for an extra 6-8 months before flowering. i'm hoping they get huge (haha i'm sure with almost a year veg they will), but we'll see.

darwin

L

LolaGal

well I got all 4 of em!!

well I got all 4 of em!!

I got em all stashed back!

I am wanting to see the Safari Mix the worst.

where's my popcorn? :)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey lolgal! hope you're having a nice weekend! thanks for dropping by :D

ps. anyone got any idea what strains make up safari mix? i can't been able to find any specifics via seed sites selling the stuff.

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahaha yeah i found myself out of sunglasses and thought screw it i'll just use my ski goggles haha i look like a fair weirdo tending the girls (and boys) with them on while wearing a shirt and shorts haha oh well :D thanks for stopping by trichosaurus!

angel4us

ICMag Donor
power cush freebie

power cush freebie

how does the pwer cush Smell ???? its either that or the ak47 but something sure smells great around here ??????? never seen or heard of pwer cush till freebies came . it should be interesting. do you know of any power cush grown out yet????? anyway check me in for this grow please.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good darwin, i'm checking in for the show
good luck bro cant wait to see these as bid aussie trees

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey angle4us no idea what it smells like this is the first grow i've ever done with power kush but i'll be sure to let you know when they're done. umm i think i've seen a few grows on here just go to the search bar at the top of the page and type in power kush and something will come up!

and hey shaun cheers for stopping by! i'm definitely hoping they end up a respectable size next to bushweed's australia sativa giants! 15ft wtf?! haha but yeah they should have sept, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr = up to 8 months before they're harvest so fingers crossed they get massive! haha

for now i'll have to grow them indoors, for the first time in a grow i'm hoping they don't get too big before i can put them outside haha i'll probably never say that again!

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
thought i'd post some of the photos from my mate penguin's harvest. it was a few days earlier than it really should've been done but he's going away for a few months before it'd be finished curing if he had to wait so we had to do it tonight.

this is the first harvest we've ever done. it's very modest :D only one small plant a few feet tall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

above are the two main colas, we topped at a few weeks old once the plant had 5 nodes.

attachment.php

so info on this girl, she was the strongest, most vigorous, quickest growing plant out of the 5 fem'ed white widow seeds we bought. it was grown for a month under 24/0 light regime, so 2 weeks seedling, 2 weeks veg, then it was flowered for 2 months under 12/12.

final weight of harvest - 113g

25% of this is 28.25g, so we'll have just over an ounce of the final product, not a great deal but this was just a test run really. we mainly wanted to have just run through the entire process of growing/flowering/harvesting a plant to get the basics together before using more than 1 plant, and we've definitely learnt a shit load in the last 3 months!

he's going to dry for 5-7 days until it's been reduced to around 28g, not dry and crumbly but still a little sticky to the touch etc. then cure it in a jar for another week or so before smoking it in the last day or so before he goes overseas haha. he's been kind enough to give me one of the main colas too so can't wait til it's ready to go :D

anyway also took some amateur close ups, let me know what you think! have a nice one guys!

darwin

Attachments

• IMG_596411.jpg
    IMG_596411.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_59921.jpg
    IMG_59921.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_60031.jpg
    IMG_60031.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_60161.jpg
    IMG_60161.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 11

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
here are the happy snaps woooo

tell you what, i took these photos with a small canon digital camera, 12.1meg pix i believe, and the result really blew me away i had a gander at them on my large desktop mac and wow the detail in there is just phenomenal! you can really zoom in on all the individual trichomes on a lot of leaves even the pistils, really nice!

these were taken in penguin's grow tent under the hps light, i really liked the sepia look the light gave the photos so gave it a whirl.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_59831.jpg
    IMG_59831.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_59821.jpg
    IMG_59821.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_59801.jpg
    IMG_59801.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_59791.jpg
    IMG_59791.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 15

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
here are some proper colour shots i took just holding the camera in one hand and the cola in the other. macro and flash on, light was on in the room too but because i had the camera so close the flash made the background black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_60071.jpg
    IMG_60071.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_60051.jpg
    IMG_60051.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_59981.jpg
    IMG_59981.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_59961.jpg
    IMG_59961.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
planning on revegging the girl penguin named her "maria" lol. so gave her some nutes for the first time in a few weeks tonight. hopefully she'll take ok and grow out even bushier!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

for the next grows we do we're definitely going to work on growing the plants through veg for longer and possibly scroging them. also will work on getting better resin/trichome production by using molasses in the water for the last few weeks of flowering etc.

Attachments

• IMG_60131.jpg
    IMG_60131.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_60181.jpg
    IMG_60181.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_60211.jpg
    IMG_60211.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_60281.jpg
    IMG_60281.jpg