What's new

JLP's Juliet..

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]============================== ==================== ====================[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IDENTIFICATION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]============================== ==================== ====================[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge: funkfingers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date: 5/26/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Strain: Juliet ( C99 x nycd)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Breeder: JLP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grower: the funky bunch
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PHYSICAL EXAMINATION[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. __[ 9.5]__ Visual Appeal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. __[10]__ Visible Trichomes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When breaking apart this sample it was almost as if it was snowing trichs..Icy for sure[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a powerful magnifier.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clear [20%][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cloudy [60%][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amber [20%][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dark [][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown [][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Green [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gold [][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blue [][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grey [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]White [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Red [][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rust [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Orange [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Purple [x][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Black [][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. __[6.5]__ Bud density[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]not in their natural state leave this field blank.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
attachment.php

[FONT=&quot]6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ammonia [] Earthy [5 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Berry [ 2] Floral [6] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blueberry [ ] Fruit [5 ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [2][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bubblegum [ ] Grape [] Melon [ ] Pine [ 3][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [3] Pineapple [ 5][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ 1] Rotten [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chocolate [ ] Hash [ 5] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Citrus [3] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7. __[ 10]__ Aroma[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]bud for best results.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8. __[0 ]__ Seed content[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9. __[ 12+]__ Weeks cured- sampled at several stages from aprox 1week- 3 months +[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]THE SMOKE TEST[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Address these questions while smoking.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]below that will identify the instrument as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vaporizer (enter the brand name)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joint (enter brand of papers)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other (specify)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Water pipe [X] Bubbler med size Sherlock, glass on glass percolated downstem./ 1 ½ foot double [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]percolated bong[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Vaporizer [][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pipe [X ] medium glass spoon[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Joint [X ] Raw papers[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other[ ][/FONT]

attachment.php

[FONT=&quot]2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]order to maintain the columns in alignment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Berry [ ] Floral [5 ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blueberry [ ] Fruit [3 ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [1 ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [1 ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[] Menthol [x ] Pineapple [ 5 ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chocolate [ ] Hash [ 6] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Citrus [ 1 ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ 2][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. __[10 ]__ Taste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. __[ 5 ]__ State of dryness[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. __[9.5 ]__ Smoke ability[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. __[ 6]__ Smoke expansion Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.- [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SMOKE TEST [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]COMMENTS:====================[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. __[4+]__ Dosage[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects. –super powerful high caught me off guard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. __[ 2]__ Effect onset[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. __[ 8]__ Sativa influence[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. __[ 2]__ Indica influence[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]effect that affects the body.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. __[3 ]__ Potency[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. __[ 1---1.5]__ hours, depending on level of physical exertion during time]__ Duration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7. __[ 7]__ Tolerance build up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8. Usability[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Morning - wake up [8] up and motivating, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day - work [8] Great all around usage, not too potent, nice clear headed high.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Evening - relax [9] Noticed increased sense of awareness this herb is a great after dinner smoke, it’s almost like a dessert..nice flavorful herb[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Night - sleep [6] maybe a little too much sativa influence to be an effective sleep aid, although I’ve never personally had a problem with it. C99 tends to be a little racy for some and in conjunction with the diesel I could see how it would make some a little restless.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9. __[9]__ Overall satisfaction[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail. Couldn’t be more satisfied with this strain, if I had one complaint( I don’t) I feel like the overall potency is somewhat lac[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]10. __[9]__ Ability and conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]strain a keeper for long term use?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes [x ] No [ ] I have been running this strain since JLP gave my buddy seeds back in the overgrow days.. There was a decent amount of phenos in the seeds popped, this particular pheno leaned more towards the pineapple-ish c99 side, although there was a couple good mixes of both the Nycd and c99.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]12.Rate the noticeable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]be construed as medical advice.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Negative Positive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Effect Effect[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[ 7]__ Appetite[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ 3]__ __[ ]__ Anxiety relief[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ 3]__ __[ ]__ Paranoia relief[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[ 5]__ Sex drive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[] Sleep[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[]__ Pain relief[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Ability to rest or sit still[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[6 ]__ Thought process[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Speech process[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[5]__ Imagination/creativity[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[6 ]__ Humor perception[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[7 ]__ Visual perception[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[7 ]__ Audio perception[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Taste perception[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Final Comments: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Through this strain I came to respect the work of Mr JLP, and it sparked my “interest” in cannabis breeding/genetics. Overall some of the best tasting herb I’ve ever had the pleasure of smoking. I have also found that this herb really ages like fine wine, only getting better with age. After about 2 months of cure it starts to take on some really complex flavors and smells,that are not apparent in lesser cured samples..

attachment.php

[/FONT]

Attachments

• Juliet3Delta9©4-e1266879973474.jpg
    Juliet3Delta9©4-e1266879973474.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 14
  • Juliet3Delta9©5-e1266880067493.jpg
    Juliet3Delta9©5-e1266880067493.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
  • JulietDelta9©1-e1266880203896.jpg
    JulietDelta9©1-e1266880203896.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 13

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Great report!
Havent heard a whole lot about Juliet in a while. Glad someone is still running her.
From your report it sounds like she shouldve scored higher in potency tho. ;)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
very thorough report thanx.. i was just asking about juliet.. I have some apollos trip x juliet seeds.. i may drop at least one.. :D thanx again peace n pufs.

sackO

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
trich-yeah maybe I could have put it at like a 5, but I really feel like there was just a little kick missing from the #3 pheno (which is what this was) the #1 pheno was way more potent and was like a diesel pineapple/grapefruit aroma/ taste.

sackoweed- anything with c99 in it is top notch in my book.

Nice report Funk! I came across some Juliet for the first time a few months back. I have to say that it was very unique. Not like others I have had the pleasure of spending time with. It seemed close to a kind of fruity / pineapple taste. Great stone!

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks fantastic! i always wanted to try JLP's gear when i saw it years ago on ovegrow

Slartibartfast

Great report man. JLPs work is always top notch.

I've run his Romeo, Juliet, Ultimate Moonshine F2, and C99 X Pot Of Gold.

My experience with those strains has got me on a serious hunt for a quality C99.
(though the UMF2 was literally the best plant ive ever lost)

Any current suggestions?

Hoffa

really tight report!! is this the juliet from like 03-04?? JLP has always been the man with this crosses

Latest posts

Latest posts