Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Archived Breeder Forums > Dutchgrown Seeds > KQ redux

Thread Title Search
KQ redux Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 AM #1
razor ridge

razor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nice
KQ redux

Is there a known pheno of KQ redux, that is heavy with purple color? I have one pheno out of 3 females that I got from 5 seeds that are I figure 1 to 2 weeks from being completely mature There is one that has almost all the leaves on the main cola deep purple. Some of the bud is also purple. The other 2 arent purple at all. I think it is going to be something special. Looks and smell as good as anything I've grown yet, including CDDD, which is what I judge others against. I hope all your genetics are as promising as these KQ redux's...I have 5 Diselrellas started now, and plan for the grape sorbet next....thanks DG.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM #2
Dutchgrown
----

Dutchgrown has disabled reputation
Hello razor....sounds delicious, do you have any pics you can post up here? Would like to see this purple KQR before making
any comments really. A picture tells me so much...a pic speaks a thousand words.

Thank you for your interest in DGS....glad to hear you've got some Dieselrella's up next, and looks like some Grape Sorbet too. Good growing to you with all of those.

DG

Old 05-30-2010, 06:50 PM #3
razor ridge

razor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nice
I will post a pic later today, 4 more hours till lights on........

Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 AM #4
Dutchgrown
----

OK, it's been more than 4 hours.....where's those pics?????

J/K.....seriously....just having a bit of fun....you are like me, you state a time and then it's difficult to keep on target. No worries.....just thankful that you take the effort and time to keep us updated on your grow. Looking most forward to seeing the color of the KQR you mentioned.

DG

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 AM #5
razor ridge

Here you go, had to pull it outside for some regular light for the pics.....

Last edited by Dutchgrown; 06-01-2010 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: pics not showing, rearranged in attempt to correct prob

Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 AM #6
razor ridge

I have another one that is starting to turn also....grown in FFOF, 1200 w HPS, with a touch of organic nutes....

Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM #7
Dutchgrown
----

Thanks for posting pics! Just a few questions before I offer up an opinion.

What exact nutes/additives were being given when they first starting changing color, and what was given during the next couple feedings?

What is the lowest temp running in the room?

How many weeks flw are those in the pics?

Did they start to change color only after weaning and/or cessation of nutes?

I'll be able to better answer once I know a bit more. I've had plants (not just KQR) that exhibited a tendency to change to those
colors (from even within same variety where others did not)....but it could, (or could not) be attributed to genetic factors without knowing a bit more from you.

Very pretty and packed with resin. Looks most tasty!

DG

Old 05-31-2010, 07:50 PM #8
razor ridge

Nutes=BioBizz bloom, molasses and an occasional shot of GH cool bloom...fed every 2 or 3rd watering...thru out entire flowering cycle---just started flushing now...

lowest temp is around 68f, during dark cycle.....

don't remember exact date of flowering...around 8 or 9 weeks, maybe 10..I run a perpetual grow, I put plants into flower every week or so...don't really count just let them go till they are ready...

gradually changing color, not due to cessation of nutes...although they have done more near the end of flowering and not in the beginning 4 to 5 weeks....

They are very lovely, and will be going on vacation with me for a week in mid-June, along with 2 of her sisters, 1 fat CDDD F2, and a couple of OJD's SSSDH's, should be a great vacation...thanks for your work DG, I see nothing but excellence.....

Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 PM #9
Dutchgrown
----

I've not seen this color in KQR as uniform as what your pics indicate, but, from KQR's mother side, seen in the pic below, she does have a tendency towards coloration late in flower.

Due to your temps not falling too low, I'd be inclined to rule out temp induced as a cause. Lack of PK in late flowering can also be a contributing factor to late flowering coloration, C99 often exhibits this. So although this color you have seems more uniformly distributed, I'd say it is coming from perhaps a combination of genetic factors and cessation (weaning off) of PK...iow, she has that ability more pronounced due to genetic factors that the lack of PK contributes in that regard. I've never known of, nor seen, what I'd call a purple Cindy, nor a purple pheno of G13bx (other than temp related)...doesn't mean it can't exist. If you have clones numbered to know next time what's what....run her again and see what happens.

Maybe you just have a killer of a Killer Queen Redux pheno.

Here's the C99 mother side of KQR I mentioned:

Below is an example of a true purple strain (due solely to genetic factors) that I currently have going (Ace's Pakistan Chitral Kush)...note the differences....in a true purple plant the calyxes exhibit a purple trait, not just the leaves.

Sounds like you have a nice vacation planned...enjoy....great choices of travel pals.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 AM #10
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
I don't see razors pics.