What's new

Am I ready for harvest? Trich photos...

B

banjobrain

Take a look at the photos below...

This is Hashberry at day 54. Do you think I'm ready to harvest?

dev0n

That much head amber at day 54 - isn't that odd for hashberry? Yeah as for when to chop it's a personal preference thing really; if you're looking to grin at your walls for four hours you could even let them go longer, but I wouldn't :joint:

Best of luck whichever route you take!

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Them bitches look done to me! You want some amber and some cloudy and some clear, a nice mix will set you right fa shizzle

think he used a magnifying glass.....its pretty easy. u can even do it on a good cell fone. 3mp or higher is best, but on my 5mp fone, the macro mode with magnifying glass will get darn near close to that zoom. looks like about 20x zoom to me.....

shes def chop ready. more amber = more stony couch lock. more cloudy & few clear is a heady, uppity high. its personal preference. most folks do a 50/50 for a nice mix of both. good luck & enjoy

reckon

TOTALLY depends WHERE he took the pic from.
if that's the TOP bud exposed to direct light, those will turn amber almost immediately.

I look at the middle of the plant, in the top third.

B

banjobrain

how did take that pic!?

Right here, dude.

I took small leaf samples cut very close to the buds and magnified them individually on top of a piece of parchment paper. Additional LED lighting provided by a headlamp sitting on the table itself. Focus it up, stick the camera to the eyepiece and BAM...there ya go.

But the Carson microscope sucks. Spend 35 extra bucks and get one with a usb display to your computer. Its' extra weight would make it steadier AND it hooks up straight to your computer? C'mon...that waaaay more efficient. I'm all about efficiencies, bro - :joint:

Would probably looked better if I took the photos on a black background, though...hmm.

B

banjobrain

TOTALLY depends WHERE he took the pic from.
if that's the TOP bud exposed to direct light, those will turn amber almost immediately.

I look at the middle of the plant, in the top third.

Great advice...I didn't think about that, but it turns out that I did harvest that way. Ripe branches a day or two before the others.

Whatever I did sure worked out, though...:smoke:

Frozenguy

Veteran
If you are going to be growing this strain again, you can pick off buds (big enough for more then one smoke session) to sample. Take one off, and another off like a four days later, or a week later. Whatever you want. Then you can tell what you'll like because all strains/phenotypes are different.

But that does look pretty well done, just depends on how all the other trichs look. Just because you can find an amber doesn't mean its done. The majority should atleast be cloudy