What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Strain under 50 days?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see by your multiple post that you are looking for:

A high yielding short flowering highly potent good tasting herb?

EVERY single person when they are new comes in here and ask the SAME question. The answer you will is it varys on the:

temp
humidity
phenotype
medium
nutrients
length of veg
space
lights
growers skills......

After hammering into you about the "question everyone ask" I will point you in the right direction since one upon a time I was commercial minded cropper as well and I did my research :)

Bog-Bogglegum (50 days flower heavy yield)
Many many others.....

there are a ton of others, the search function on this site (go advanced) should turn up 1 million post on this very topic, have fun!

Red Fang

Veteran
that is the problem! I need to find some thread where everything is boiled down into the facts, as I am sure there are 1 million posts and I do not have time to read 1 million posts, no one does! I also do not have much luck with searches, again I find almost everything I didn't want to find and very little of what I did want to find. Thanks for the Bog tip though.
And no, I am just trying to figure out what the best strain for me would be. Yes Ideally I would want the perfect strain, one that is the best yielding AND most potent AND earliest AND most vigorous, and best at every other important thing all at once. Unfortunately such a strain does not exist and if it did, it would cost like $100k a seed! :D

dman16

LA Confidential can be finished around 50 but is much better if left a week or so longer.
low yielder but very high quality.
this is the LA con i grew out with a 2 month cure, i let mine go 58 days.
DSC01505.jpg

jawnroot

Many strains are marketed as finishing around 50 days (top 44, AK-47, etc). In my experience, I've never had a plant that was properly done before 63 days, regardless of what the breeder says. Often, the breeder/bank will low-ball the harvest time, giving you a minimum number of flowering days to arrive at a decent product.

So you have to ask yourself, do you want decent, or excellent? If it's the latter, you're looking at 9-10 weeks.

Nevi

C99

C99

By FAR C99,but this strain is hard to find nowadays,so I would say Sensis Early Skunk.
Okay C99 can take between 50-55 days if its a big plant,but some clones can be ready in under 50.

thal

If you want sheer potency, IMO you should go with something from Subcool. I had some Danny Boy that went 60 days and it was FAR AND AWAY more potent than anything else.

If you find the right pheno of Jack Herer you can get a fruity, heavy yielding, hard hitting plant.

Why don't you give a brief description of your grow environment and grow skill, those things will have more effect on your finished product than what strain you choose.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nothing great is done in 50 IMO/IME.
c99 from bro grimm would be the closest
good luck finding something close to the original, most c99 crosses these days are from worked, watered down versions.
most stuff that is "allegedly" done by 8 weeks is shit bud anyways.

aurora indica from nirvava is supposed to be real fast and hard hitting. i havent personally grow it yet, just popped a few seeds of it tho. im looking for the fast flowering purple pheno.

good luck in your quest for the holy grail of weed. we're all looking for it!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For something you can buy right now in seed form,

Bogglegum (Northern Lights #5 / Bubblegum cross)
Bogbubble (pure bubblegum)
Cindy 99 F2's from Gypsy (this is the real deal from Bros Grimm original stock)
Legends Ultimate Indica (some Sweet Tooth leaning phenos are 7 weekers)
Shit by Mr. Nice (super skunk / afghani cross) VERY SMELLY

- just to name a few

If you could find some Spice of Life - Sweet Tooth seeds and add a few days to your flowering time requirements that would be your best bet! Check out the SOL adventure mix for now. ;)

G

GroMore

The only really negativa effects of early maturation is a bit of a shortfall in potency, yield and flavour...

However, I've taken Bog's Lifesaver at 42 days and astounded everyone who saw it, smelt it and tried it. Very hard to beat for a hard hitting indica....does notably better at around 55 days though

GroMore