Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Thread Closed
Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique? Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 AM #1951
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of lightdelta9nxs is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealHard View Post
Hi, Delta. I've read like the first 50 pages and defoliated at 24 days 12/12. I also use Jack's Hydro. Do you use the Calcium Nitrate from them too? I do and I got a little bit of yellow on the tips and started using less. I started using 1/2 tsp. hydro and only 1/4 tsp of cal nitrate. Then I talked to my buddy and he said no to use equal cause that's what Peter's recommends. I'm getting a little bit of lockout ,I think now. Gonna switch out the nutes in a little bit cause my ppms are rising. I haven't changed my bucket in 2 weeks, which I've never done but, I have stuff all tied down in there. Your girls are stellar! Never mind. I found your thread. I'll be tuning in.

hi, realhard! i use yara liva calcinit. please move to my thread so we can discuss the jack's. thank you, d9

Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 AM #1952
BudleyDoRight

BudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really niceBudleyDoRight is just really nice
Well delta.... I see now you are entering intellectual dishonesty....

You know Im absolutely correct....

you have no way of determining what advantages you get from defoliation and what you got from top feeding your plants.....

I recall you talking about what a guy you are/were diver... bar bouncer.....

all that macho....

how about you man up?????

answer my questions...

They are hardly irrelevant....

Should I quote what you said about you proving this method???

Well I can prove you havent......

But the numbers should come from you....... not me......

HOw much did you get from your first few top fed plants????

YOU know starting with plants top fed for all 17 weeks.....

How hard is that to answer?????

You have the numbers.....

Here is a comment from your thread....

on 5/21 you said this...

<<Well, I know I said I wasn't going to top water in flower but after seeing the health of the vegging plants I went ahead and installed a pulse system on the flowering plants too.>>

This means that the first plants to go thru this were complete say 1 aug or so....

Here is what you said in this thread on 8/3

<<the last 3 plants were 11.96, 12.45, and now 14.74 oz's totalling 39.15 oz's or averaging 13.05 each. all defoliated. the three largest plants i've ever grown.>>

I cant tell exactly but I suspect that these plants were some of the first to have top feeding thru flowering..... you might clarify that....

And you fail to mention that here.....

In this thread you seem to indcate you are defoliating like the end of may.....

Yet you are weeks away from knowing the advantages of top feeding thru the life of the plant....

Then you say everything is stable its defoliation.....

Clearly .....we have a problem houston.....

So its actually pretty simple slick....

how can you determine what you got from pulse top feeding and defoliation when you were doing them at the same time.....

Never did you allow a plant to finish with top feeding without defoliation..... right slick???

least not that I can see.....

I have no opinion on wheter defoliation works or not....Im doing some plants now.....

This post is only to say.....

delta is the last person that you want to provide 'proof'

he cant..... at least not unless Im reading this stuff wrong.....

Old 10-31-2010, 04:31 PM #1953
Snuff

Snuff is on a distinguished road
I have tried defoliation and my plants totally stopped growth. Two weeks after the defoliation and I see almost no progress in plant development. Very sad.

Before defoliation:

After defoliation:

Two weeks later:

Old 10-31-2010, 06:04 PM #1954
TruthOrLie
Banned

TruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the roughTruthOrLie is a jewel in the rough
Don't worry Snuff, just wait twice as longer and they'll be as big as they were before.

Then when they're all budded up with huge flowers you'll have the joy of discovering grey mold.

If only we were trying to make sweet wines.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 PM #1955
Blunt_69
the keeper of the creeper

Blunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
discovering grey mold.
if an environment is kept ideal, mold is a non issue. Defoilated or non. Open wounds on plants heal almost immediately if they are healthy.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 PM #1956
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta9nxs View Post
Burnt rope But I am sorry that it is a “major” effort for you. Sometimes you have to actually work for your information.
man, when I surf IC I have a notebook and pencil right here... or at least and open notepad window for some serious ctrlC/ctrlV going on.
You gotta hustle to get the facts straight, ESP when youre surfing HIGH... LMAO Suckers expect everything to be laid out for them... then just go sprinkle dust in their grow room and BAM!

D9 is mad knowledge Sun, keep it up... some of us are watching close.
Apollo11 Journey DrBudGreengenes Compact SOG

Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 PM #1957
Greyskull
Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason

Greyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant future
Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuff View Post
I have tried defoliation and my plants totally stopped growth. Two weeks after the defoliation and I see almost no progress in plant development. Very sad.

Before defoliation:

After defoliation:

Two weeks later:
Youre using a LED light, right?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:43 PM #1958
dramamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOrLie View Post

If only we were trying to make sweet wines.

...more like sour grapes

Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM #1959
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPharma View Post
so my new schedule goes something like this:
no Heavy defoliation until my clones are at least a foot tall and well developed. then i pluck em completely. two weeks later and you cant tell they have been touched, they get another good pluck. then no more defoliation until after flowering. this seems to give me a good balance of nodal density and vegetative growth.
I dont defoliate at all during the 1st 2 weeks of flowering. then i hit em HARD. and take nodes that offend me (i grow vert so they are mainly in the middle of the plant...if growing horizontally, these would be the bottom buds).
four weeks in (when i start with my p/k boost) i hit em again...and from then on i see no more fan leaves trying to emerge.
six weeks in, I take scissors and "pre trim" the colas, leaving some leaf but getting as close to the bud as possible without damage. this seems to help ripen any buds that are still shaded.

other growers in our collective have remarked on the varied response of different strains. some seem to stress waaay out, herming when defoliated late in flower. others exhibit no stress at all. something to be considered when trying this on a new cultivar.
I would like to understand this statement please. If it;s not relevant to this thread, can you shoot me a PM. Thanks.

I feel the second paragraph could use a lil repeating... Q
Apollo11 Journey DrBudGreengenes Compact SOG

Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM #1960
slowandeasy

slowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt_69 View Post
if an environment is kept ideal, mold is a non issue. Defoilated or non. Open wounds on plants heal almost immediately if they are healthy.

Your wasting your time with that guy. You are right, but for some reason....that is not the cause of his mold.

Thread Closed