What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Grindhouse 1.01ft^. 90w PL-L grow with pic timeline

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share how my grow is growing so far. I have another thread going in the Grindhouse section, but feel my thread may have more respect here. I am currently running 2-prophet and 2-Mob Boss on day 24 of flower. I got lucky and have all females ratio out of non-fem seeds.

This is an old pic of the lighting setup..

Here's some early pic's of the plants. The smaller ones are Prophet's

I'm running 3-24w PL-L's and a 18w as shown here. The only exception is i'm running all 3k bulbs. This was first day of flowering maybe a day earlier than that.

These photo's are after day 15....

This is a Prophet

Mob boss is the bigger, Prophet is smaller and tied.

This is from a couple of days ago at day 22

These are the smaller plants, a topped/LSTed Mob Boss and an LSTed Prophet. These plants are making resin super early which is why i love them.

Prophet

Mob Boss

Early Resin Mob Boss

These are the bigger plants and the way i intend to run plants in the future for this cab if i flower again. The Mob Boss is in the back. Prophet is tied down in the front.. This is day 22

Mob Boss

Prophet

Finally, here is today's photo. Day 24

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
In my job, we use furniture and these are cubes that people can sit on while at parties. They were throwing these cubes away one day so i took one home. Unfortunately, i was too late and there were only two left. One was destroyed and then there was this one. I really wish i could have grabbed one more.

So far i think this cab is working well, and is doing exactly what i planned at this point. i'm very impressed by these bulbs. They work well for a SCROG especially if your canopy is even.

I may have high hopes but i'm expecting around an oz at a minimum in whole.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Well heres Day 26. Things are coming along real nicely! I can't believe the resin that the Prophet is putting on.

The Prophets i'm falling for...

Prophet 1

Prophet 2

Group/Flower shots after being tucked in...

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Thanks xmobotx! One mans seat is another mans growbox! I hope you enjoy the show.

I started hitting the cube with a 150w HPS today just to bring out the side branching more. Pl-l's are great but they don't provide the penetration i need.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
well the HPS would never fit in that cab right now. it sits outside the cab and i have a booster fan pulling the hot air out of it, and away from the cab. The temps are still the same. Hoping to fill things out more going this route over straight floros, sorry guys. I just couldnt stand seeing the potential wasted , theres too many dark spots under the canopy.

I'm thinking about next time lining the walls with the PL-L's and than using an HPS on top. I'd flip the orientation of the box so it would be open up from the top instead of the side like now.

EDIT: Christoph, sorry i musta skipped past your exhaust question. but also in the cab i have two 80mm computer blowers. They both are rated at 20cfm. They help circulate and exhaust the cab.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Heres an update for today with my 150w HPS on the side. I really like the coverage of these two together. There's not a big light leak either. Luckily for the aircooling its been keeping my cab cooler than normal.

On another note, i love these grindhouse strains. The resin being packed on is incredible. I'm at day 27 and its looking like candy. Enough with the talk here is today's pic update.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Yea, i know out of everyone, you wanted to see how the floros did. My only problem was i hate seeing shadows in my growcabs, and you could tell light wasnt making it through.

Next time around if i use this cab, i'm gonna put the floro lighting on the sides and run the HPS from the top.

Not expecting a big yield, but a nice smoke.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Well today is day 30 and some of these flowers just need to be updated. its easy to tell which plants are which in my cab. The prophet get frosty real early and the Mob Boss builds nicer bud structure. it seems this HPS is really starting to help out.

Prophet

prophet #2

Mob Boss

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
That's what its all about to me. I really want to get into breeding my own strains for myself and friends.

To me its not about the yield. Just what i can learn this time around, because growing isn't learning through books, its through experience and mistakes. Its funny but i can grow Canna better than any vegetables i've tried with even things as simple as tomatoes.

twrex

I'm running 3-24w PL-L's and a 18w as shown here. The only exception is i'm running all 3k bulbs. This was first day of flowering maybe a day earlier than that.

Okay, I see the bulbs and your description but I'm curious to know how you've got those wired up, are they all being run off one ballast? If so what kind of ballast is it? How do (or rather did) you have them wired? I've been looking at fulham's ballasts but couldn't find any info on mixing wattages, aside from one random post in the forums here saying if they don't have it listed then it probably isn't a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any help, and gl with your grow.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I'm using a Fulham Workhorse 5 wired using the standard 4 ulb way. I tried contacting Fulham but i never recieved a reply in search of the same questions you had. I havent had a problem yet, but that doesn't mean there may not be problems associated with it. They also didn't have it listed that this ballast could run 4x24w, but than again, i'm not.

Thanks for stopping in.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Day 34 is here and everything is starting to crystal up nicely.

Some of you may not believe in it, but i defoliated my plants as i've found it to work for me. I don't remove all the leaves, just the ones producing to much shade to be considered useful.

Some of them may have already started yellowing up also. I think this has helped a lot, since before the buds down low werent recieving light. After doing this the buds started getting real frosty. You can tell by looking at the Prophet in the back.

Mob Boss

i havent been able to use the HPS for only a couple days. But it seems to really be helping since the vertical light and pruning lets the light penetrate all the way through to the back. I also think that these 3k lights dont do these plants justice. They are literally the frostiest plants i've had, if they continue at this rate.

Everythings filling out, which is making me happy.

Last edited:

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Well i had made a typo last time and actually today is day 39. I decided to take some macros.

Group shot

The Two Prophets

Prophet-Bubba Pheno

Prophet-TangTang Pheno

Mob Boss-Chem Pheno

Mob Boss-TangTang Pheno

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so you needed some more penetration in your seat?

looks like it's working out quite nicely

Latest posts

Latest posts