What's new

Red's APBS ( All Perlite Bucket System )

Status
Not open for further replies.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Hydro Community :D

Little bit about meself, i am an outdoor grower but recently switched to indoor, still a noob and trying to learn as much as i can ;)

Over the year i have been messing with a lot of different system to grow, from dwc to rdwc, aero hempy ect ..

If anyone been watching my grow journal you will know that i love Perlite! i have been working with perlite for a little over a year now and i guess its time for me to try a different system with perlite/

APBS = All perlite buckets system

This system is pretty much just like any RDWC but with out a lot of water. I will be using 5 gals bucket and will take advantage of the earth's grativy :dance013:. There will be also a drip system that run for 16 hours a day or so ;)

I did a little quick trial with 1 gal pot and i had GREAT results so now i am going to do the whole system ( its going to be the first time i run this system ).

I delicate one whole room for this system.
Vegging will be 1k Hps x 2 and one 400 HP
Flowering will be 1k Hps x 3 i might do 4 if they need more lights ;)

I will be selecting strains this week and will put them in the system next weekend.

System's being test run for 3 days so far with out any hiccups.

Now the credits :D
- Teresa ( thank you mama T for the buckets ideas )
- Krunchbubble ( thanks brother for the vert idea )
- Hydrosun ( thankyou for the hydro ideas )
- Hempy ( thankyou sire for the hempy and perlite idea )
- Lazyman ( thank you for helping me with grow room ideas )
- GeorgeSmiley ( what i am going to do with out you bro, thank you so much for helping me with the panel )
- Trichytrichy ( you're always there for me, thank you so much :huggg:)

So the people above gave me the idea for this system. i hope i make you guys proud but if i fail, would you guys still be my friend ???? :D

alrite on to the pics

This is my first time touching electricity, before this i have very little knowledge about this stuff, but with GS helps i manage to built me a little breaker board
picture.php

picture.php

Connected to the main breaker :D i believe that i am very lucky, i've learned alot about this and still ALIVE !!!!
picture.php

A new ground rod went in ;)
picture.php

Mounted/
picture.php

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All these buckets are recycled from the other grow ;) The only thing new are the ballast and the bulbs

picture.php

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sneak Peak of my other vert room :D
picture.php

Veg room
picture.php

and the other side

picture.php

thats allfor now guys, i will select strain to run with this system sometime this week and every thing will be fire up on the weekend.

cheers,
red.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Ph. :D i have very good result with just using perlite, but never a drip system with chunky one, we'll just have to wait and see :D

thanks for watching

NotsoFla

top notch, dunno if its addressed, but that room with the window a/c looks like it shows the outside, meaning light is leaking from inside?

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
top notch, dunno if its addressed, but that room with the window a/c looks like it shows the outside, meaning light is leaking from inside?

O hehe thanks for pointing it out, actually right after that pic were taken, the window got sealed up with panda films ;)

thanks for the kind words :D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wow....that's breathtaking, red. Fascinating thread, everything well done!

Must give more rep and I'll be back.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
looks great! the electric panel was done well, not bad for a first timer! mine dont look that good!

looks like a well thought of, simple system. perlite worked well for me in the past, made it into many, many magazines and books with using perlite. simple to know when you need to flush, when the perlite does not look perfectly white....

good luck with this one! :tiphat:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great Red, any problems with the perlite clogging the drain lines?
Thanks Maj,
No problem with perlite here, i got the super chunky one, before i put them in the bucket i rinse them once and all the little fine perlite run offs with the water. The chunky one stays. I ran the system for 3 days so far and there is no perlite in the rez yet :D

Wow....that's breathtaking, red. Fascinating thread, everything well done!

Must give more rep and I'll be back.
thanks DB :huggg:

looks great! the electric panel was done well, not bad for a first timer! mine dont look that good!

looks like a well thought of, simple system. perlite worked well for me in the past, made it into many, many magazines and books with using perlite. simple to know when you need to flush, when the perlite does not look perfectly white....

good luck with this one! :tiphat:
thanks krunch, seriously! You are the person that changed me mind about growing indoor. thank you so much for sharing your knowledge bro!

:thank you::tiphat:

Bro that Box is awsom!

hahha thanks J, ill built you one if you need it hehe :D

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Well it looks super sweet! It looks like you are running two lines to your panel. Are you using two 60amp breakers both covering 4 of the 15amp breakers in your panel?

Running 110v I am pretty sure you can only get ONE 1kw per 15amp breaker. No firers allowed!

The Lowes bucket room looks like the window is not light proof! Also I have never used a window AC unit but don't they suck air from the room and pump it outside? My guess is you are going to have some nice smells when those ladies start to flower. I hope the neighbors don't cause you any trouble ;) I want to see 1lb trees in those buckets :plant grow:

:joint:

opt1c

Veteran
nice looking grow... i'm going to start experimenting with perlite in bato buckets

window acs are sealed if set to right setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts