What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paradise Seeds Opium and Dutch Dragon

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This may end up being one of my favorite plants so far. Took 6 clones that are rooted and revegging now for flowering room. This girl looks very different compared to the other opiums plants in the tent and in real life out from under the hps light she looks pretty white.

Smell: This pheno is a lovely creamy grape. Some of the other plants smell like solid grape and another I cloned smells exactly like opium...ridiculous smell and spot on. Never thought a pot plant could smell like that and now I see why they had no qualms with calling it opium...cuz there are phenos that really friggin smell like it.

Yield: The yield looks great on these girls especially when run topped they should produce extremely well. I liked this plant so much I bought 2 more 10 packs of opium. I only had a 5 pack the first go around with 4 viable seeds and each plant is pretty damn dank.

So far this is my absolute favorite offering from Paradise. It definitely goes on my 'everyone must grow list'. Top notch and unique.

Day 53 flowering:

I will be back to post Dutch Dragon pictures and finished before chop and dry bud shot pics later. For now...grab a pack.

OC80

Looks great. IDK if ive said it before, but I can tell which plants youve grown without lookin at the OP. They all have this crazy frosty, fat calyx, signature look to them. Keep it up! Ive bought the sol bs2.2 x ogk and the jack o nesia so far, because of you. #1 seed salesman, lol

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice and really frosty:) Paradise are doing a good job, i' ve tried magic bud from them and it was great, need to try more of their gen:tiphat:

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I'm interested in seeing the Dutch Dragon pics. I've got what I'm pretty sure is a DD going now and it isn't quite what I expected (taking a long time to finish).

Pine

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
opium is fem only right?

Yes fem only. I also used Fem dutch dragon beans this time. 2 of the plants are looking like extremely nice yielders around 3 oz's and change with one of those being very quality and the other not at all. Out of 5 of the dutch dragon 1 is definite keeper very frosty, really neat coloring at 90 degree temps and superb fruity and watermelon smell and one with slightly less trichs but it is the 3+ oz'r.

If i were to purchase the dutch Dragon I would definitely buy a 10 pack as it seems a bit more of a pheno hunt as far as the fem version goes. Smell is just beautiful on these never smelled real watermelon on an mj plant before.

Dutch Dragon made me a serious fan of South African genetics if thats what it is all about I will be scouring for SA genes.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the plant that smells like Opium. WOW....really did not think this could be done so perfectly and really hope it holds the smell in cure. It is so different from the creamy grape pheno I have I am keeping both. Similar in back ground smell but damn very very different opium FUNK. Opium has a real funk to the sweet if you've ever smelled it in real life hard to describe. Some Opium lettuce resin is kind of similar but this is spot on.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So this plant deserves its own damn thread (Dutch Dragon). I really hope this one collects a lot of views so people can see these genetics this stuff has blown me away. I really love Paradise's take on MJ breeding. The purpling on this girl in an 83-90 degree tent depending on day night is just awesome. It smells like fresh watermelon and sweet fruit.

I call her my South African beauty. Had no idea what South African genetics was like but damn this was impressive. Enough with introductions:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the other Dutch Dragon I have and man is she a BEHEMOTH! The first picture she is on the left and just for size comparison to my 'South African beauty' is on the right in the corner lol....same genetics same kind of smell but ridiculous yield on the one with a little less trichs and less purpling.

Just for size reference the tomato cage you see has 34 inches sticking above ground so that is 34 inches of plant from the cage down and whatever above. Simply awesome yield...Buds are hard and really remind me of Chimera's Mental Floss phenos bud and plant structure wise without the haze influence of some phenos.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2462_Trimmed_2.jpg

damn dude, those are the longest trichomes i have ever seen on a plant... they seem to freakishly elongated...

40AMPS, i told you in that rep message dude, paradise seeds is the most underrated seed company out there... there arent many grow threads on them, but i tell ya what, ANYONE who has grown out paradise's shit KNOWS DAMN WELL that paradise has some top notch genetics... magic bud is another MUST HAVE for anyone out there looking for quality genetics...

c ya around cuz

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2462_Trimmed_2.jpg

damn dude, those are the longest trichomes i have ever seen on a plant... they seem to freakishly elongated...

40AMPS, i told you in that rep message dude, paradise seeds is the most underrated seed company out there...

Hah that is exactly why I trimmed that pic they are giants. For some reason I no longer have the option of inserting pictures like you did instead of thumbnails and I hate thumbnails so how did you do this? I have some pictures in this thread I thought were just really amazing plants and I know sometimes I don't click on thumbnails because it is annoying going to a new page every time when I could just go through a thread and see every picture without clicking /shrug Don't know why or how the option disappeared.

And yes paradise gear is top notch they are a company I want 2-3 packs from every time I order. No one is making genetics like this out there that I have encountered yet. Everything has been absolutely unique and special in its own right and their descriptions have been spot on. Germination is always extremely quick like Rezdogs so you know the beans are fresh most of the time.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
about getting the pics big...

i go and right click the pic then copy the location of the pic, then click the insert pic button and then insert the url of the pic... voila! hope that helped.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Thanks for post the DD pictures. I bet the behemonth is bigger than you.

How long do you usually let the DD go? I don't think the 60-70 day flowering time is realistic. At least not for the one I have.

Pine

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Friggin nice! I want um!

Paradise Seeds is medicinal-orientated, so no wonder they got the dank. Anyone know if they're truebreeding or F1?

Latest posts

Latest posts