What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quazi and His 400W CMH At it Again! - Apalala, Afghooey, Chocolate Thai, Headband

Quazi

Hello folks! :wave:

Quazi :rasta: here with a post that's been a long time due.

The last run under the 400W CMH was a lot of fun and provided some great results! You can check out that thread here:
Quazi's Movin' on Up - 400W of CMH in a DR80

I would have posted this under the Grow Diaries section again, but I'm starting you folks out 7 weeks in so I didn't really feel like it'd be much of a diary... but I hope you don't mind a picture show!.

I'm packing a new camera and some lovely girls, so I hope you all enjoy!

First off, we've got Chocolate Thai. She's doing wonderful and really seems to love the spectrum the CMH has to offer:
picture.php

picture.php

The cola is nice and chunky and quite frosty. There's not a massive amount of density but the smell is wonderful and the calyxes look great:
picture.php

Not to mention the beautiful deep green that this girl throws and the huge trichs she has to offer:
picture.php

Next up, we've got Headband. She's not a yielder like the other girls but the flavor is incredible, the smell is intoxicating and the smoke is smooth as silk. Everyone who's ever smoked this says the same thing: "Man this is like the weed we used to get!"
picture.php

picture.php

From I've seen of Headband before, she tends to pack on the bulk of the frost towards the last couple weeks. Though, she seems to be doing fine already:
picture.php

picture.php

Moving on we come to Apalala AKA Purple Dragon. Under the right light, you can see she's starting to purp up quite nicely for me!
picture.php

I've got a couple of these girls going and they're just a joy. The buds are chunky and very aromatic. They have nice sweet smells, are very dense, and are covered in goo:
picture.php

picture.php

I love what this CMH can pull off:
picture.php

Lastly, it's everyone's favorite, Afghooey:
picture.php

This girl was just built for the CMH I swear. The cola is so oversized on this that I required multiple supports and quite a bit of working to get her to pose for me:
picture.php

picture.php

Of course, the CMH treats Afghooey just right:
picture.php

We've got trichomes on both sides of the leaves for this girl:
picture.php

We've got a couple more weeks on these girls before they hit the amber/cloudy sweet spot. They've got a bit more bulking up and frosting up to do. I'm guessing one more feeding for the lot of them before they start their flush.

Well, that's it for now folks. I'll try to get you all a show before harvest but, if not, at least you'll have some great harvest pics and something to look forward to.

Good luck in your travels!

-Q :rasta:

C

cork144

looking mighty fine there man, they sure do seem to be loving the cmh,

nice selection of strains too

jawnroot

Hey man, nice CMH grows! Followed your stuff in the 150 watt thread, then found your 400 watt grow in the diaries...which led me here.

I have an Afgooey at 28 days flowering. It's frosting up so much, and smells fantastic! I know you've alluded to the fact that it's good smoke, but any details? Flavor? High?

When do you typically harvest your Afgooey?

Thanks, man! Godspeed :yes:

Quazi

cork144, thanks for stopping by! :wave:

jawnroot -- you're in for a treat!

Afghooey is a wonderful strain. It's known for it's distinct sweet flavor and wonderful smell. It's really unique and hard to describe. Afghooey smokes and smells like the taste of the trichomes that you lick from your fingers after handling a swath of wonderful plants. Y'know that beautiful sweet, sorta earthy, kinda hash-like flavor? That's the best I can do to describe the flavor. Afghooey is also quite strong. It also has a very large tolerance factor. As long as you don't abuse it, Afghooey can easily become a daily favorite.

Now, you can take it at right around 8 weeks or so and be very happy with the finished product. However, I like to take it a bit past that mark to ensure a good mixture of amber and cloudy trichomes. I find that this just amplifies and highlights the devastatingly strong, smooth and flavorful smoke that this stuff can be. Because of that, I recommend waiting until 60-70 days depending on how the trichs are coming along.

Stick around and you'll get to see what it looks like when I give it the ol' chop and you can help to make your determination. Or check out my old threads where I ran Afghooey. I think there are a couple of them and I let ya know what day those were taken.

Take care ICMaggers and good luck in your travels!

-Q :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts