in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > How To Care for Your Glass Bongs/Pipes

Thread Title Search    
Click for Weed Seed Shop
 How To Care for Your Glass Bongs/Pipes Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
LolaGal

How To Care for Your Glass Bongs/Pipes

Puffin on your glass pipe or bong means one thing! Dirty GLASS!

Yuck! Although I have been smoking for many years, there are things about glass that I only recently learned. Here's a few tips I have learned on caring for your glass.

1) CLEANING- Glass is cleaned the easiest with KOSHER salt and 70%-90% rubbing Alcohol. Just put one teaspoon of salt in the bong or pipe and add a little alcohol. Shake and empty. If done DAILY, this only takes about 5 minutes total.

(Acrylic bongs best cleaned with vegetable oil).

2) OILING THE GLASS!!!!!! Yup this is the most important part. If you don't oil the glass where the joints touch, they are gonna STICK in there! Once they stick, it is a bear to get them back apart.

Just take your finger and dip into a little olive oil or vegetable oil. Wipe your finger on the bottom of the glass BOWL and also on the join of the glass DOWNSTEM. Go easy! There ain't no need to get oil all over everything! Just the parts where glass touches glass!

Nobody bothered to tell me this in any book, or thread that I read and I kept getting the durn things stuck! Just a little bit of oil will make this problem go away forever.

Anybody got any more good tips?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
vta

vta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivor
Great tips!

I'd also like to add Grunge Off to the list.
http://www.grungeoff.com/supersoaker/index.htm

Solvent and grit free, so your fuming stays nice. I don't care how much resin is in your pipe, soak it in this and it will look band new. Best of all is it's reusable.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

C'mon...You know you want to click this...

American?
Click here...
vta jest offline   Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivor
A lot of people already know this but i'll throw it out there again for anyone that dont.

Here is a very very very easy way to clean all you smoking devices with out any hard work ( scrubbing/ shaking )

- Find a cooking pot that is big enough to put all you smoking devices in
- Fill the pot up with water and use 1/4 simple green
- Let it cook ( sit there ) for some good time
- Take all you smoking devices out and rinse em well
- Take a look and you'll be amaze ( they will all look brand new )

cheers,
red.
redspaghetti jest offline   Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
ThePizzaMan

ThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to beholdThePizzaMan is a splendid one to behold
You forgot to tell them that it stinks to holy hell when you boil them though.
ThePizzaMan jest offline   Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
2Lazy

I hear a drop or two of orange oil in the alcohol salt mixture goes a long ways to keeping it cleaner for longer

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
immaculate
Who me? Couldn't be.

immaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, I'd just be careful with boiling. I've heard boiling can negatively affect some fuming and certain colors of class (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, it's not very practical for anything besides a spoon.

I think the most important thing is to start taking care of class from Day One. Otherwise just do the EPSOM SALT/90% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL cycle for resin that is old and caked on. Get 90% ALC. whenever possible. 70% really does not do the trick compared to 90% and IT IS A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE!

The one thing I'm interested in, do any of you neo-hippies have any methods of freshening a tube? Are there natural oils can be added to the cleaning process like lavender to take that resin/alc. stench away?

PEACE N LOVE PRAISE JAH

Old 04-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
Don Dump
the man doctors said would never moonwalk again

Don Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond reputeDon Dump has a reputation beyond repute
I never understood the boiling thing. where does all the resin go? I imagine it sticking to sides the pot. haha that would be fun

iso and salt. then rinse. vinegar. then rinse

Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 AM   #8
immaculate
Who me? Couldn't be.

immaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of lightimmaculate is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dump View Post
I never understood the boiling thing. where does all the resin go? I imagine it sticking to sides the pot. haha that would be fun
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dump View Post
iso and salt. then rinse. vinegar. then rinse
noooiiiicce

Old 04-22-2010, 02:31 AM   #9
TrichyTrichy
¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥ ¸.•´ .

TrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivorTrichyTrichy is a survivor
Just give it coca~cola :-)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #10
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivorredspaghetti is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePizzaMan View Post
You forgot to tell them that it stinks to holy hell when you boil them though.

I never had a problem with the smells when it come to boiling,
I've done this many many time and it works 100% of the time with out stinkin up my house.

For those who ask why boil and whats the point, i guess you have to try to find out.

cheers,
red.
redspaghetti jest offline   Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #11
Che

Che has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond reputeChe has a reputation beyond repute
I use Orange Chronic's Super Soaker to clean bowls and diffusers, and 99% ISO and Coarse salt on my tubes. They don't have any odor or residues once they've been rinsed thoroughly.
Che jest offline   Quote