What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pear Bread II... with Cannabis!

Che

Veteran
Hello everyone and welcome to another one of my Cooking with Cannabis threads. Today we're making Pear Bread II, recipe was sourced from the All-recipes website.

picture.php

What better way to get high than with the The Biting Pear of Salamanca!

You'll need:
1/3 cup black out butter
2/3 cup vegetable oil (substitute for cannabutter for extra potency!!)
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups pears - cored and chopped (peeled too, if you're patient enough.. I leave the skins on)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon magic baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Here we go!!

Preheat
to 350*F

Combine
In a large mixing bowl, mix together eggs and sugar and beat well.
picture.php

Stir in pears, pecans, and vanilla and the blackout butter/vegetable oil.

picture.php

In another bowl
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix dry ingredients into the pear mixture; stir well.

picture.php

Pour
Batter into greased loaf pan(s).

For bonus points, Sprinkle the top with a mixture of Cinnamon and Sugar. :)

picture.php

Bake
In center rack for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf will come out clean. Do not overcook!

Cool
For 10 minuntes before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling off. Slice and serve!!

I will use cellophane to individually wrap slices and freeze until ready to use. Delicious served by itself, or lightly toasted with some butter :) Don't eat too many slices!!

Enjoy!
-Che

Che

Veteran
And if you're thinking "Che, that pan is too full you're going to make a mess when you try to bake that" - you get 10 points! because I used too much pear this time.. should have split it into two loaves! haha

Che

Veteran
It's difficult to justify calling this a bread.. it's more like a cake!
I had to put a cookie sheet underneath to catch the drippings, which turned out to be quite delicious as well :D I'm pretty lifted now haha

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Sounds amazing! I would never had thought to put pears in bread, let alone a canna recipie. I'll have to go off my diet for this one for sure!