What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Cannabis Caviar: $1,400-an-ounce

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
i just read about this.. but havent seen in yet.

By Joel Warner, Monday, Mar. 29 2010 @ 7:02AM

So you think you're a connoisseur, what with your cans of Beluga, Kobe steaks and stash of 1998 Dom Perignon? Think again if you haven't gotten your hands on cannabis caviar, a new kind of top-shelf marijuana popping up at Colorado dispensaries that sells for the astronomical price of $1,400 an ounce -- nearly four times the average price of other high-grade strains. "This isn't stuff you are sitting around puffing all day," says Jake, general manager of the ReLeaf Center, a Denver dispensary that's selling caviar made in house for $60 a gram. "This is the definition of a one-hitter quitter."
It ain't your grandpa's pot. Caviar is made by soaking marijuana buds in a potent stain of hash oil -- thick, sticky and concentrated liquid cannabis made from dissolving hashish or marijuana in solvents like acetone, alcohol or butane. Once the oil's soaked into the marijuana buds, the whole shebang is allowed to dry for several weeks or months.
The result is a potent marijuana smorgasbord: high-grade marijuana, with between 5 and 20 percent THC, infused with 30 to 80 percent THC hash oil. It also burns for long periods of time, notes Jake, although he adds a word of caution about taste: "It's rough."
People looking for a smooth-tasting product should look elsewhere, he says. "It's for people who want to smoke less, need longer effects, or have medical needs that absolutely require them to take large amounts of THC in. It's going to have a stronger medical benefit."
That's putting it mildly. To try some for yourself, keep an eye out for "caviar" on the top shelf of your local dispensary. It's also been called "California Raisins," though as Jake notes, "That name is falling out of favor in the ongoing weed war between Colorado and California."
And with stuff like caviar, we just might have one up on our marijuana-loving neighbors to the west.
It smokes "rough" so i guess i let someone else try it and see if it last longer.. i'm sure its just more hype.
Sort of like you got weed in my hash.. ill just take the hash thanks.

G

Green Supreme

Suckers, that's retarded for a grease soaked concoction. Peace GS

Greenmopho

$1,400 an ounce is pretty stupid, I've heard Patient's Choice in Denver sells this, and its like $60 per gram. Doesn't make sense to pay that much. I'm sure it burns way too rich in a joint. I would rather just have good bud AND good hash, separately, and mix the two at my own choosing.

I have made some ISO hash oil, and sprinkled in bits of keef and trichomes, to thicken it up and make it less oily. The earwax stuff is just too hard to smoke in a pipe or joint, I prefer hardened "chocolate" hash....either dry seived or bubble hash whipped into either a isohash oil or a bho. Now thats the shit! Sprinkle that in your joints!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
What I love about this is

you make hash to get rid of the plant material BUT they decide to then put it back on plant material?

here is a thought,

just have the so called 80%thc oil and leave the b.s. plant shit out of it?

jd4083

Veteran
this is just the same "honey bud" that has been in dispos for years now...an interesting novelty and nothing more...

also, their saying that it tastes "rough" simply confirms that the oil they're using is the same crap trim oil they sell for $30+ a gram :tiphat: I've made "honey bud" at home with top shelf nuggets and oil made from whole buds, basically threw the buds in the tray right after the final torch/hot water purge before it cooled off. Tasted great but like I said, not something you want to smoke often. You'd be way better off packing a bowl of the top shelf and putting some quality oil on top imo

jd4083

Veteran
What I love about this is

you make hash to get rid of the plant material BUT they decide to then put it back on plant material?

here is a thought,

just have the so called 80%thc oil and leave the b.s. plant shit out of it?

:laughing: Come on bro, no way is that sucker leaf oil the dispos are slinging is less than 80%, shit is knockout!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I make this kind of shit at home with Sweet Tooth hash oil and it tastes amazing and puts you to sleep quick. It seems to burn better in a bowl when it's soaked on some bud as opposed to just the oil which will just bubble and simmer by itself. I sure as hell wouldnt be buying it from these fools though, and not for $1,400! lmao :joint:

opt1c

Veteran
honey buds... if you want to know whats up take a hit off some and blow it into a coffee filter; nasty to say the least... i don't know anyone who smokes em after doing the above experiment

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I make this kind of shit at home with Sweet Tooth hash oil and it tastes amazing and puts you to sleep quick. It seems to burn better in a bowl when it's soaked on some bud as opposed to just the oil which will just bubble and simmer by itself. I sure as hell wouldnt be buying it from these fools though, and not for $1,400! lmao :joint:

I agree, homemade is great and can kick anyones ass and agree on tossing something in with it to help with the burn/speed BUT to soak up buds with oil and then try and sell it based on the weight of the soaked ass buds is just funny.

If there are patients out there paying $1400 an ounce for this shit it makes me wonder what sort of crazy pill bills they were paying monthly. I used to work at a pharmacy and many meds were bought in cash AND were a few hundred a week if not a grand for a few patients who came for meds.

I wish clubs would stop looking at how to make more from patients and rather how to reduce their costs and overhead to allow for LOWER costing meds.

We already are getting raped at the gas pump, the tax man, sales tax, car tags and a million other things.

Grow some plants, dry and cure it proper and sell it to patients at a decent price. Seems so simple but too many fucks need their bentleys and oversized houses to show how small their dicks are lol.

After spouting all of that,

anyone have pics of this Caviar?

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
From what I gather ( let me know if I'm wrong) This is just thai stick minus the stick and the occasional opium added? I have had the displeasure of smoking this garbage before, and while I'm sure it could be done well, my only question that remains is, why? Other then to make a absolute ri-fucking-diculous amount of money off of sub par herb, and sub par oil.

sour diesel caviar

people are hilarious... as my old man would say "whatever blows your skirt up.."

funk

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love gimmicks, and I have an unlimited amount of funds burning a hole in my pocket...:shucks:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Yup, i saw some a cpl wks ago at Natural's in GJ;
twas some nasty lookin stuff, $80/gm if I remember correctly. :noway: :nono:
Sometimes you just gotta walk away empty handed.

:smoke:

Greenmopho

Okay, I'll admit, conceptually it sounds delicious...but realistically, its something you can only pull off as a "presidential" product (i.e. growers only, not for sale). The sound of top quality A+ nugs swirled in a tasty hash oil sounds great, however, here are my main points that make me weary of any such local product found for sale:

1) It comes from a dispensary, most, if not all dispensaries have crap lately...which leads me to concluded that this is just crap nugs covered in 1/2 ass oil just to sell, since the nugs probably wouldn't do much on their own.

2) The price is outrageous! $60-80 per gram better come with a handjob at the very least! Thats bullshit, since the oil is extra profit made from trim anyway! Somehow that quadruples the price of the weed you pour it on? Clearly bullshit solely based on the price.

3) The marketing...weed is going mainstream, and high class at that. If they can pump this shit and call it "Caviar", these Aspen skiing Highland Ranches yuppies will suck it down, no matter how hard it will make them choke.

These shops need to just learn, if you have half ass nugs or hash, or whatever, don't try all this stupid marketing crap and fool your customers, just make the shit into edibles, hand em out to new patients, whatever, but not this crap.

Once again, if they stayed true to quality, and maybe followed an old Thai stick recipe, it has potential, but the one and only motivating factor in this is making a buck, and thats just sad, and not worth coughing over....

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I have some ocean front property in Arizona... I know people will buy it..

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Yea, to go along with my front row seats for Led Zepellin's and Nirvana's reunion tour!

I know lets get together and make a package deal. land and tickets along with a limo ride to the concert as they pass by the ocean front property.... :laughing::dance013:.. Man we are on our way to RICHES!!!! :woohoo:

peace n pufs

sackO

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got some mexican brick soaked in the gasoline from the F-150 tank it was shipped in.

Latest posts

Latest posts