What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HookaHittn AF's Outdoors

HookaHittaH

Whats Up Guys? :wave:

Figured it was about time I got a new thread going for Twenty Ten. :jump: This year I have a few new AF additions to my garden. Line up so far for this year will include Jems, Lowasis, and some LR#2 Fem beans. :bigeye: This will be a mostly organic grow. I may try making some tea again, as I had good results using it before. I already have a few Jems and lowasis in beer cups. They soaked overnight and when I woke up the next day the lows already had white tails. They all should be popping out of the soil in the next few days. I'm waiting for a little better weather before i start the LR2 beans. Temps have been in the 70s during the day but rain is in the forecast for next week... Hopefully it is nothing to crazy. I think in the next few weeks it will turn to more spring like weather. I plan on planting most of these in my vegetable garden. However the only thing I have going in there right now to camo them in with is some onions... Looks like i need to get it ready and planted pretty quick. Any who any one with questions or comments is welcome.

Since I have no pics to show yet here are some from my gallery to tide you over...

picture.php

A Jem in the tomatoes last year
42659gdp2.JPG

GDP plant that I wish I still had a cut of.....
4265911_001.jpg

Strawberry Cough

S

SexInTheCity

Yeah...the great california, I'm still 3 months away but am waiting for seeds so who can complain :) I'm in 2 interested how those LR#2 will show! looking healthy thus far

Molson

Will be watching this closely...
Last year was my first bid w/ autos outdoors and it didn't go too hot. We still got about two months to go here before I can start putting things outdoors.

HookaHittaH

Thanks guys those pics are from past grows... nothing recent as of yet. I mean I guess I could post a few pics of cups filled with soil haha

HookaHittaH

I guess the warm spring like weather was a tease... Very windy and rainy weather the next couple of days... Looks like the little ones with have to go indoor for a few days. Nothing has popped as of yet but overnight temps are not ideal right now... Send karma for sunny weather my way...

M

mossy

I mean I guess I could post a few pics of cups filled with soil haha

If I ruled the World..
everyday would be the first day of Spring...:whistling:

I hate winter and cold cold soil.
Never mind my M8...in 8 WEEKS you will be harvesting..
smoking pure..fresh..lush buds.

If you were growing long season girls...you would be looking at...mmm...September...:thinking:

I LOVE MY AF'S....:plant grow::plant grow::plant grow:

Spead & Safety for the 2010 season my M8. :tiphat:

Mind..I was just thinking...

IF you could get AF's that would germ @ minus 2 night temps..
low natural light..and torrential rain...
then you would be sitting eagerly watching trics right now...

Just like ME....

picture.php

I

IceColdCrickets

Sweet bro nice line up of beans there! :joint:

pics pics and more PICS , cant wait!

ICC

M

mossy

picture.php

picture.php

(Ignore the date stamp..I must have knocked it off..they are todays photos.)

Some nice looking ladies you have there mossy.

MUCH better than my conditions warrant my m8.
Jan/March is the worst part of my season..so now I have that cracked..I have all year round AF growing conditions.

They grow slower..take a bit longer to harvest..but Hey..
Spring grown bud is twice as sweet as autumn harvest.
I THINK they are like sprouts..bit of cold makes them sweeter to taste.

nice plants mossy, what kind are they? i like that purple color of the leaves
Punk Chunk Cali_Boss...believe it or not that is a true black on the leaf tips...

THAT one is the purple....again a Deep Chunk cross...
La Bella Noche..(Lady of the Night)

picture.php

HHH...betcha fingers are itching to germ now..eh!

HookaHittaH

ICC - yeah it will be nice this year having a few new faces in the garden. Do you have anything goin on your end? Or is it still a little too early to grow in your area?

Mossy - Jan - Mar here is the worst time to try to grow as well. Right now is about the earliest you could get away with haveing anything goin outdoors. The weather man says this should be the last storm for awhile. Hopefully sunny weather is on the way. Before you know it the temps will be in the 90s again.... But the plants will love it ha.

Spring grown bud is twice as sweet as autumn harvest. Its always nice to show your buddies some fresh buds picked in the spring time. I think it gives them some ideas of what they could be doing during this time...

News on the grow.. No news , No sprouts as of yet. I think tmrw the overnight temps are going to get pretty cold. May have to bring the cups inside to ride it out...

M

mossy

Right now is about the earliest you could get away with haveing anything goin outdoors.

Have you hit your 12/12 natural light pattern yet m8...?
I hit it on 21st March..first day of spring..natural 12/12..
give or take a minute.

Normally I would have AF girls 3 or 4 weeks old by now..
but it has been a slow/cold start to the season.

I still got away with my season cheat though..
IF I have some long season girls up to flower by 21st march..
I can harvest come May..early june.
Harvest is about 1/3rd of a full season girl..but always welcome early. :good:

Jems, Lowasis, and some LR#2 Fem beans.

:yummy:

Send karma for sunny weather my way...

Sent my M8..sent....:tiphat:

HookaHittaH

I am a little past the 12/12 mark right now. Gaining more and more light everyday. Good news for today, 2 Jems and @ Low's have popped. Bad news is that temps are in the 40s tonight due to a cold cold storm. So I will be close to your 2 degree C. mark mossy. Hopefully they don't get too affected by it. If they do I'll have more beans to sprout in a few more weeks.

M

mossy

Bad news is that temps are in the 40s tonight due to a cold cold storm. So I will be close to your 2 degree C. mark mossy. Hopefully they don't get too affected by it. If they do I'll have more beans to sprout in a few more weeks.

Yup..me the same..night temp drop again.
Nothing has spouted yet..but I have salad/flower seeds in as well and nowt has shown..so I could still be a bit off...

It has been a long winter this year.

Speed and Safety for them..alongside the sunshine karma..

Have a great weekend m8...:smoke out:

HookaHittaH

I have 4 healthy looking Jem sprouts so far and 1 Lowasis sprout. The cold hasn't seemed to affect them too much that I can tell. Weather is supposed to be bad for the next two days, then it should start to warm up again. Ill get some pics when the sun comes out...

M

mossy

HookaHittaH..you germing indoor or straight into the garden...?

Ill get some pics when the sun comes out...
:yay:

What is the hunting like in Spring...baby rabbits make a nice pie..
especially if the have a Hump in their backs to hold the crust up...:biglaugh:

Dog nearly caught a hare the other day..but it out manouvered her in the end..
just as well..I'm not too keen on hare.

HookaHittaH

Mossy I am germing them in 16 oz. plastic cups outdoors. I have had to move them inside a few times due the rain and very windy conditions. Today looks to be a lot better weather though. :D Then tmrw calls for more rain but after that should be spring like conditions again. I am surprised the Jems have passed up the Lows. As all the lows already had a tap root going from an over night soak. The Jems had not cracked or anything. I thought maybe because they were seeds I made myself something was wrong. Seems I have learned a little bit about pollen chucking since messing around with these AF's. :chin: Mossy there isnt really too much hunting goin on around here right now. Turkey season has started, But I never really go for them. Other than that I have been focusing my time on fishing. Striped bass have started to move in the river. I will be after one of these guys soon.... :drum:

picture.php

24 Pounder :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts