What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

P

~pHaNtOm~

man oh man
im not seeing anything good in these new rules.
more like a GOV takeover to know what, when, how, where your growing,selling,smoking,eating,baking or what have you.

*Limit on cultivation of medical marijuana.
ONLY REGISTERED PATIENTS, LICENSED PRIMARY CAREGIVERS, AND LICENSED
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CENTERS WITH OPTIONAL PREMISES CULTIVATION
LICENSES MAY CULTIVATE MEDICAL MARIJUANA.

so first you gotta go threw all the new bullshit to get a patient license..then if you want to grow you got to apply for a " optional premises cultivation license" on top of all the new fees and the finger prints and background checks they want to know everything, and if you dont tell them everything on what your doing they will screw you big time for violations.

P

~pHaNtOm~

i think i read that you must sign eather a primary caregiver to grow or you grow your own, or you need to sign a med marijuana center to supply you with meds and sign them as your caregiver and must only get threw them and them only?

G

Godless

"(3) EVERY PERSON SELLING MEDICAL MARIJUANA AS PROVIDED
FOR IN THIS ARTICLE SHALL SELL ONLY MEDICAL MARIJUANA GROWN IN ITS MEDICAL MARIJUANA OPTIONAL PREMISES LICENSED PURSUANT TO THIS
(4) NOTWITHSTANDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF SUBSECTION (3) OF THIS SECTION, A MEDICAL MARIJUANA LICENSEE MAY PURCHASE NOT MORE THAN THIRTY PERCENT OF ITS TOTAL ON-HAND INVENTORY OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA FROM ANOTHER LICENSED MEDICAL MARIJUANA CENTER IN COLORADO. A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CENTER MAY SELL NO MORE THAN THIRTY PERCENT OF ITS TOTAL ON-HAND INVENTORY TO ANOTHER COLORADO LICENSED MEDICAL MARIJUANA LICENSEE.

My translation:
They are expecting each dispensary to grow their own (or at least 70%) now? And if you need more product than you can grow yourself, you have to buy it from another "licensed medical marijuana dispensary?"

Am I missing something here? I haven't finished reading it yet, but this sticks out as being a huge shit sandwich for every single person in the state except the very biggest players.

So this is the way they decided to deal with mom n' pop vendors?

P

~pHaNtOm~

its all about the $$$$ they are cashing in and regulating it to a T. they will inspect grows/dispensaries and you have to keep a log of who,what,when you sell and how, what, when, where you grow and the state inspection team can come in and look at you books/paper work or your grow rooms etc when ever they feel like it and they will make sure everything is on the up and up and if its not then you are done in the med scene here in colorado. they are not fucking around now and its all for the $$$

keep reading it gets way worse once you read all the fine lines. hundreds of people will now go without meds and without growing being they are locking shit down!
this bill in NO way is good for patients,dispenaries or caregivers. you show me one good thing to come out of this crap bill ? regulation the way they have it now is way worse then any other state mmj rules.

mite as well go back underground like hundreds of others are going to do now here in colorado.. regulate this assholes :mooning:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I'm actually relieved at some of the changes that have been made to the bill. It's FAR from perfect (for instance, they need to drop the requirement for dispensary's to grow at least 70% of their own medicine down to 50%, with the remaining required to come from licensed CO growers), but the changes are a step forward.

Follow Westword's coverage..it's good:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/medical_marijuana_bill_brian_v.php

BowlPacks

Im not sure what everyone knows about this process but isn't it kinda fishy that Rob your ass Corry hasn't made a peep? Warren Edson either. They are part of this whole conspiracy to put $ in their pockets and control the industry. This is serious business folks. THEY will make this work for THEM. Meaning that you'll only be a grower in the industry if you've got serious loot to spend on overhead. Im not talking 20k here im talking six figures. That makes the huge, out of state, dispensaries the only people in the business. A number of these folks are under federal investigation for concealing assets and money laundering. Don't take my word for it, ask around. These California weed lobbyists will get exactly what the want, a monopoly on the MMJ industry in Co. We've all got 1 year and 3 months to do what we've been working so hard to legally. Then we're out. Then we're the criminals and the drug traffickers are the licensed fucking growers and retail centers. All I can do is hope this gets shut down. We CAN, however, call and let our state reps know what we know about these people. We can tell them that if this bill passes, they will be sanctioning the organized crime and conspiracy of these big money cocksuckers.
....and everyone's precious MMJ lawyer is in the middle of it, rubbing his hands together and anticipating his multi-million dollar racket.

Actually if you do your research " bowlpacks " Rob C. was a speaker and an organizer of the protest of this bill that took place March .

If you want a scapegoat I suggest you look @ Mr. Matt Brown.

Sure...the big dispensarys like the bill, cause it screws their competition...the small shops. The big Cali guys come in with Matt Brown, a Cali lobbyist, not even registered to vote in Colorado...and he gets to "testify" before the committees before a native citizen is...it's all being corrupted by the Cali "immigrants" looking to cash in here. They have screwed things up for themselves in Cali and now they wanna come here...like it's the new "Gold Rush". And for growers...they are trying to force "verical integration" meaning either you partner up with a dispensary...or you're out of business as well! Some of the local dispensary owners I know are not happy with this. I talked to one of the owners, one who is mentioned on this site quite often, and he said he buys 75% of his product from "vendors". As growers, we need to let the dispensary owners know that we are not for this bill as it is written and they should not support it either...right now, without us, most of them couldn't open their doors...if this passes as it is written now small growers and dispensaries will be out of business!

P

~pHaNtOm~

the Gov is not happy unless they run everything and take all the $$ for themselves.

I have many buddies that run dispensaries all over colorado and alot of them do indeed get 75% of their product from vendors and small patient home growers.
the gov do whatever they want and make rules and regulations as they please and they all do what they want to scam everyone out of their hard earned dollars and are not happy unless they have 110% control. what a fucking joke the USA is these days..like the whole health care plan that could not pass..it passed now being everyone is getting filthy rich off this new scam and takeover in and around the whitehouse. fuck the Gov!! overgrow the gov legal or not!

BigTop

This is interesting... read the original & now this version... will be interesting the see the final tweaks, but this baby is going through... no doubt about it... no dilly-dally.

Noticed they removed the 3000 plant & patient caps for the MMC's, aka Dispensaries. They also tied 6 plants (vs 7) though placed no qualification on whether or not it's 'mature'. Basically, there is no cap other than the number of patients an MMC can register... and then go x6 per patient.

The MMC trade was at 10% max tied to annual sales... now at 30% of 'on hand' inventory. Basically lowered this to readily allow for inter-MMC trading... along with allowing remote locations... 'optional premises'. Again, removed any real cap vs the original.

Totally allows for cities/counties to disallow within their boundaries... should they choose, though does step up by allowing Caregivers to accept up to 16 patients w 6 plants to accommodate... so helps them a little here.

Basically asserts local priority over State, except as violates Constitution... w new State leg to represent base-minimum restrictions.

Entirely requires ones location to searches/inspections at the drop of a hat... by the State & compels one to comply w any LEO investigations. Also restricts ability to assert Affirmative Defense in localities that restrict any MMC operation... oh shit... that's a Constitutional violation... screaming "look at me, look at me!"

They determine who can own, operate & register based on 'good moral character' as to be defined & applied by 'them'... nothing offered any clearer than this. So, they still determine who gets to play... or not... at their discretion.

Fully sets precedence that this is a revenue bill... to be administered by the DOR. Tax enforcement is a major part of the bill's bite. Complete & mandatory compliance to any/all inspections of books + facilities. However, they do clearly state that the administration is not to "price fix"...?

Absolutely no 'smoke areas/lounges'... though consumables allowed.

These are the points that really grabbed me. Interesting to see how this is moving... the LEO first draft... the MMC second... Revenue review next, I beleive... more specifics to tax assessment/collection/systems...?

Also, no two caregivers can co-op. 5 patient max, though with options for possible allowances up to 16. Limits caregiver & patient status in favor of MMC's.

The MMC's are winning so far... some big ass commercial schwag on the way... well lots of it, not some... peace all

My point exactly....The "Cali" immigrants, just like the "illegal" immigrants are better represented than citizens are. I testified at one of the Senate hearings and I watched how Romer proudly marched Matt Brown up saying he "represents the dispensary owners"....and Mr. Brown was allowed to testify, even tho he is not a registered voter in the State---he is a fuckin' lobbyist brought in by the big Cali companies to set this up for THEM....
While other "citizen" patients were denied their right to testify....

If I were to run into Matt Brown on the street, I would whup his ass all the way back to Cali!

As a disabled veteran that, literally, broke my back serving this country, I can tell you this is not what I signed up for when I raised my hand swearing to "defend this country against all enemies, both foreign and domestic". Once again, the Colorado legislature is letting "outsiders" influence State legislation...hurting their real constituents!!!

No one, that is not registered to vote in the State, should be allowed to speak before a registered voter in any State legislature 'public" hearing.

All of us growers better pay attention...they are trying to force us into what they are calling "vertical integration". A better term is FORCED PARTNERSHIPS!! What other industry is regulated in a fashion that the manufacturer must also be the distributer as well as the retailer? Can you imagine if this applied to, let's say, Budweiser? What if the gov't told bar owners and beer distributers that they would have to become partners in Budweiser in order to sell their products?....again, sorry for the rant!!

Umm....... I have been pretty vocal about this whole thing, including taking shit from most of you on this very board. I am not sure I could get more vocal than the front page of the Wall Street Journal last week.

This is a schedule 1 drug. You are asking permission to manufacture a schedule 1 drug. The government is going to regulate you. Try getting permission to manufacture vicodin, aspirin, or whisky.

You guys might want to actually research stuff before you post it on-line. If you did, you would know that Matt Brown is from Kansas City and went to college in Boston. Never lived in California.

S

scarred4life

warren, what's your opinion of the collective/coop regulations that Jerry Brown wrote for CA? I understand why cannabis dispensaries should have safety regulations and why cannabis products should be tested for contaminants and potency, but what exactly is so bad about home occupation cannabis production? While cannabis is a schedule 1 drug (the reasons for which, in our "enlightened" times, are very questionable), it is also a non-lethal agricultural product and needs little "manufacturing" in practical terms before being sold. Aside from legal boundaries and cultural mores, are there really many important differences between growing and selling a tomato at a farmer's market and growing and selling a medicinal flower to a dispensary or patient? If you sell a rotten tomato, someone could get just as sick as if you sell a moldy bud.

...and if you guys really believe that the idiot posting is really Warren Edson, then i wanna smoke some of the same stuff you are.....

Umm....... I have been pretty vocal about this whole thing, including taking shit from most of you on this very board. I am not sure I could get more vocal than the front page of the Wall Street Journal last week.

This is a schedule 1 drug. You are asking permission to manufacture a schedule 1 drug. The government is going to regulate you. Try getting permission to manufacture vicodin, aspirin, or whisky.

You guys might want to actually research stuff before you post it on-line. If you did, you would know that Matt Brown is from Kansas City and went to college in Boston. Never lived in California.
Warren, good to see you posting on here. So maybe you have some inside scoop. What gives?

Doesn't matter where Matt Brown is from. Matt Brown is a lobbyist for dispensaries, and dispensaries ONLY. Dispensaries are the only ones allowed to grow under the bill. Coincidence? 1+1 = 2

I'd let the government crawl up my ass daily if I could legally grow. Not an option in Colorado, thanks to Matt Brown. Wonder how much $$ went under the table to make it happen like that.

I don't know if this is reality or not, but it sure looks like it. Matt never mentioned growers once until we started busting his chops about it. And it's still not in the bill...