What's new

Blue Hawaiian (BlueberryXHawaiian Sativa - Federation)

G

Godless

Here is my best shot of a cured nug - the purpling on the bud came out during the cure.

Here is a bud shot of pheno #1

Here is a bud shot of pheno #2

I started this thread to see if anyone else out there has experience with this strain (and really, the two parental strains as well) as I'd love to compare notes. I am trying to decide which pheno to work with as I'd like to do some breeding to both Powerplant and KaliMist. I haven't been able to really tell a difference in the high (but man have I been trying and trying and trying) and they yield the same, but they sure do grow differently. Pheno #1 grows pretty much like any skunkish hybrid, but pheno #2 is a crazy vine plant that can cover 95% of all stem with smallish buds and still makes a good top cola.

I am trying to figure out which pheno expresses which parent - anyone with Blueberry or Hawaiin Sativa want to take a guess?

So, yeah, she can be pretty and all, but what about the high?
Euphoria with a capital E. I have never in my street weed smoking life experienced anything like it. You know how they call some strains "green crack" "herijuana," etc? Well, this shit should be called Nitrous. This strain will reliably produce a massive headrush effect after a fat bong rip - extremely pleasant feeling, but I have had it seriously put me on the ground. I no longer stand up when hitting her hard. I should note that I am a daily toker and I tend to smoke KaliMist more often than anything else lately, so it's not like I went from some big bud crap to smoking this. I have some more notes on the high in this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=162554

p.s. just want to give a little shout of appreciation for all that I have learned here. You guys have helped to make me a better person and I really appreciate that!

S

shadoweye976

godless ...nice nice nice!

good grow nice informations K+!

what is the odor level ?

stinker or low odor?

peace

edit :HELP AND GET HELPED !

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man that first pic has some big fat ass calyx pods to say the least! That is 100% for sure blueberry traits right there. They stack out the calyx's like that into crowns/towers it comes from the Purple Thai parentage of the Blueberry strain. Nice ass bud man, looks delish! :joint:

Ribsauce

Man that first pic has some big fat ass calyx pods to say the least! That is 100% for sure blueberry traits right there. They stack out the calyx's like that into crowns/towers it comes from the Purple Thai parentage of the Blueberry strain. Nice ass bud man, looks delish! :joint:

yea i agree with stf420 the first pheno definitely resembles a blueberry bud... where did you get these beans if you dont mind me asking i love federations gear but its gettin harder and harder to find their seeds

G

Godless

Thanks for the comments all.

Yes, the foxtails (or stacked calyx) come on strong with high temps. My latest run was quite cool on average and I didn't get the foxtails nearly as much. If it were fluffy sativa bud, I'd try to avoid the foxtails, but the bud is really dense so it just adds to the aesthetics. Next run, I'll try to run hot again and see if it is the deciding factor.

As far as smell goes, both phenos have a slightly sweet skunk smell while growing. With a good cure, the blueberry smell really takes over with a slight hint of skunk. While she certainly had more smell when growing than powerplant or Kali Mist, it was not extreme at all like some heavy skunks - a small carbon filter had no probs keeping up in my sealed room. And make no doubt about it, the awesome blueberry smell depends on how well cured it is. I just compared the jar smell of two different harvests, and the jar where they were super slow dried without a wet trim smell like the fire and the other jar where I dried them out quicker smells more like a generic skunk.

I bought the Blue Hawaiian at some seed shop in Vancouver a few years back and haven't seen it anywhere online lately. I also haven't found anyone with posted grows of it.

Another thing to note about this strain is that it would be a great medical strain for chronic pain - this is my go to weed for days when my back is acting up. I find that most strains make you feel so good that it is easier to ignore the pain, but I find that this one really does reduce the pain.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So do you have mothers/cuts of it or did you make more seeds?

outdoordreams

We grew the Federation Cotton Candy x Hawaiian Sativa.

Hands down some of the best herb on earth.
Smelled sweet like lemon cotton candy...........really, it wasnt just the name making us think this.
The taste was sweet and thick. High THC levels, very sticky buds.
The high was Euphoric and long lasting.

I have friends that have tried the Hawaiian Sativa used in these crosses, and they did not seem overly impressed.
I guess the crosses bring out the HS goodness.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah the crosses to Spice of Life strains! ;)

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
We grew the Federation Cotton Candy x Hawaiian Sativa.

Hands down some of the best herb on earth.
Smelled sweet like lemon cotton candy...........really, it wasnt just the name making us think this.
The taste was sweet and thick. High THC levels, very sticky buds.
The high was Euphoric and long lasting.

I have friends that have tried the Hawaiian Sativa used in these crosses, and they did not seem overly impressed.
I guess the crosses bring out the HS goodness.
I'm currently running this strain as well. (Hawaiian X Cotton Candy from Federation)
I wouldn't say it's the best on Earth,but one of the best. I love it,everybody loves it. It's a little fluffy,but loaded with sparkles!!! The Blue Hawaiian sounds nice and looks great. Wouldn't mind trying a run of it.
Check out this smoke report:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3333086#post3333086

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I'm currently running this strain as well. (Hawaiian X Cotton Candy from Federation)
I wouldn't say it's the best on Earth,but one of the best. I love it,everybody loves it. It's a little fluffy,but loaded with sparkles!!! The Blue Hawaiian sounds nice and looks great. Wouldn't mind trying a run of it.
Check out this smoke report:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3333086#post3333086

I've got to agree with the captain. theres just something about this bud that really makes ya happy. It seems the verdict is the bud is a sweet citrus type. These buds do sparkle also, its nice how they just glisten in the light. I think you can tell in my smoke report. I'm actually about to smoke a pinner joint thats seen in the pic so i can get a better taste since it wasnt the first thing i smoked in the day. The one thing i really enjoyed is how it has "no ceiling" which i guess is from th Hawaiian background on it.

Very nice looking buds BTW. Its always the best to enjoy fruits of your labor or at least a good friend who knows what their doing.

T

turdcat

I believe that the Blue Hawaiian was an old Jordan of the Islands strain. Orchidman has posted his experience with the strain on a couple of different sites.

J

John Public

started this thread to see if anyone else out there has experience with this strain (and really, the two parental strains as well) as I'd love to compare notes.

Well I have some experience with the Hawaiian sativa from Federation. Mine went from seeds of 2004-2005, after their bust.

First, let me put some pics, all grown in small fluoros setups in one bud way...

51574hawaian2.JPG

51574Hawaiian1.jpg

51574Hawaiian3.jpg

51574Hawaiian4.jpg

51574Hawaiian2.jpg

The Hawaiian sativa I know is quite easy to grow but not easy to grow perfectly. It is very sativa but manageable indoor. It produces tight dense buds quite resinous. The smell is medium-strong, citrus and fuel. When properly cured, it gives a very thick smoke, like incense both in shape and taste. The effect is very very laughy for one hour or one hour and a half but usually then, you get very tired. At least that is what we obtained, whatever testing more or less late harvest...

Some people say it is not a pure sativa, crossed by Federation guys, some other believe it is not a true Hawaiian at all, some other believe it is a true hawaiian sativa inbreded to fit Canadian grow conditions...

What I can say is that she is at least interesting to grow, if not the ultimate strain, it is still a good experience. It find it desirable in my small amateur crosses.

Here is for example the result of a cross between an Hawaiian sativa mother and a (Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountain 85) father, that I called Big Wave.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew haw sativa awhile back.
wish i kept her around, never took clones.
the lemon she gives off is close if not superior to jack's cleaner.
great head too.
superb herbage