What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

H

humboldtlocal

Hi folks. Getting ready for another great season up here in the hills. First off for those that didn't catch last years grow, this is all being grown for a large medical collective, Fruitridge Health and Wellness Collective, in accordance with California's Prop 215 law. http://www.fhwcc.org/ I would like to thank Tom Hill, Butte, Nomaad, and Fisher15 for showing me what some big planters can do and opening up my mind to what is really capable with the correct preparation and set up. I am making some changes to some of my gardens to accommodate some large planters and we will see what they can do. I cleaned house after last year and I have some fresh blood helping me this time around. So far off to a very good start and the weather has been lovely. I am trying some new stuff this year that I have never done before and I am very excited to see how it turns out. Here are some pics of the big garden before any prep.
IMG_6213.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

Here are some of my seed starts. I am running over thirty seed strains. I will have to list them at a later date in detail. Many are strains I have been breeding with for years and there is a lot of new stuff I am excited to try.

Attachments

• IMG_6217.jpg
    IMG_6217.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6218.jpg
    IMG_6218.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
H

humboldtlocal

Here is a pic of one of my gardens before and after a little excavator work I put in today. It is still a little muddy by the greenhouse but I should be able to smooth out the rest of it in a couple days.
IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

Here are some more shots of some of the seed starts.

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

Should be a great year and I am really hoping to learn from my past mistakes and take my growing to the next level. Thanks again to the ICMag community for embracing me and sharing so much knowledge and friendship. I am really glad to have found a family like this and I always enjoy the time I spend here. I wish everyone a safe and productive 2010 outdoor season. I think its going to be a good one.:dance013:

pabstbluerippon

humbolt very psyched your going to be documenting this grow..........i love observing these collectives theres nothing better to me than cannabis that is left alone to do its thing outdoors......... i hope you and your old crew ended on good terms

H

humboldtlocal

Thanks Pabst. I still have a lot to learn about managing people. It is a whole different set of skills that I need to learn. I spent my vacation reading managerial books. I know there were a lot of mistakes I made last year and I am hoping to go about things in a much more professional and clear way this year. So far I am off to a great start. I have a very high standard and often times I can be very critical if people aren't living up to their full potential or meeting their agreements. Like I said, still plenty to learn.

ianSF

Good luck with the 2010 season HumboldtLocal! I learned a lot from your previous threads, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see your farm grow this year!

McDank805

Good start HL. I got a pretty good and early start going on down here in SoCal. The Santa Barbara area if your familiar. This is my first post so I don't have pics up yet but I will soon!
good luck on the season

H

humboldtlocal

More great weather today. Here are some OG clones. There are also a few West Coast Dog clones in there. (Thanks Planty:tiphat:)
IMG00048-20100318-1739.jpg

IMG00049-20100318-1739.jpg

Picking up my MR Nice clones tomorrow.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Mid~march babies in 1gals , oh boy !

yep the weather turned sweet but been soooo cold for sooo long , just been dying for this turn for the better & warmer days & nights. Its a long solo silent journey our planet has been taking around the sun for 4bil yrs & only when did the first plants & early trees begin to colonize the baren earth ?

Only just 400mil yrs ago or so the first moss lichen & ferns began to take to the land ....one of the first land animals was a giant scorpion
that left the sea & was up to 6ft long !!!!

we want to see 5ft monsters by mid april , 8ft by june ! ;)

Archaeopteris - The First Modern Tree , A Tree That Changed The Earth ---
( before this baby there was no shade !! )
http://forestry.about.com/cs/ancientforests/a/archaeo_tree.htm

archaeopteris.gif

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing your sprouts turn into trees again!!!!!!

Hopefully I will be able to walk out on my back porch and smell them when the wind blows the right direction!!!

P

planty

Hey bro...

I'm late to your thread but I'm here...We've set the bar high for ourselves but Madrus Rose sure did give us a goal..8 ft plants by June! My starts are going out in early April. I think I'll be at like 3-5 feet strain depending when we hit the 300s...But 8!!! I'm fuckin slacking!

See you soon bro!

H

humboldtlocal

Another beautiful day in my neighborhood. Got my spot smoothed out with the mini ex. There is still a little slope in the back of the garden but not bad.
IMG00053-20100320-1433.jpg

Seed starts are getting a little bigger.

IMG00054-20100320-1458.jpg

IMG00055-20100320-1459.jpg

Got all of my amendments lined out and ready to mix in the big garden.
IMG00059-20100320-1622.jpg

Tomorrow is a day of rest.:)