Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mr. Nice Seeds > Spice

Thread Title Search
Spice Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 PM #1
DεvíLδck

DεvíLδck will become famous soon enoughDεvíLδck will become famous soon enough
Spice

First time with Mr Nice seeds. I grew a similar strain before called Royal Hawaiian. Should be interesting to see if there are any similarities. Couldn't find to much info on this strain. I'll be documenting this grow from the very start so it'll be boring for a little while lol. Guano for nutrients. Fluros and a 250w for lighting.

Started 5 for now. They were planted in rapid rooters this morning. Peace and *bong*
DεvíLδck is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:28 PM #2
DεvíLδck

We have lift off

Here is a pic of them a couple days after popping up.

100% germ rate. After I purchased these seeds I was reading about a lot of germination probs with this strain but it's obviously been taken care of. So if you were interested in this one but put off by the germ rates I wouldn't worry about it now. Mine had no probs what so ever. Peace and *bong*

Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 PM #3
K.J
Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!

K.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura about
Nice strain ya got there. I tried my hand at these as well but never could get the seeds to germinate (6-7 out of 10 so far, I think...I may have a few left to try still). I'm interested in seeing how these turn out for you.

You say you grew Royal Hawaiian? Tell me more! Where did you get the seeds? Who is the breeder? How did they turn out? I grew 3 of those my last grow, but all were from clone. They were some of the best medicine I've had the pleasure of inhaling and I'd LOVE to get my hands on those genetics again (I didn't take clones because I had nowhere to grow them out at the time as our veg room wasn't in operation).

My grow journals:

3rd Grow and Perpetual growing journal (begun 1/1/10):
~[Kief Junkie & Q.K.] 250w Organic Soil NGB style MediCab (perpetual, var. strains)~

2nd grow [completed 8/31/09]:
~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

1st grow [completed 6/2/09]:
~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~The Pure & Blue Mystic~
(also contains pics and info on our NGB style cab build)

"Pot doesn't lead to harder drugs, it leads to gardening."
~ Dennis Leary, remixed
K.J is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 PM #4
DεvíLδck

High K.J. Sorry to hear about your seeds not sprouting. Have ya tried scarring them? Not sure it will make a difference but you could give it a shot. The Royal Hawaiian was from Reeferman Seeds.(Hawaiian indica x Hawaiian sativa) Same as the description for Spice. I would link ya to the grow but i can't seem to find it. I thought it was a very enjoyable high that's why I went for the spice. Probly your best shot now as I don't think Reeferman is making seeds now. If I do happen to find my grow log on the Royal Hawaiian I'll let ya know. We had one outdoors and all the hairs were pink except a few white ones. One's very perty lol. They ended up turning a light orange after harvest but was real cool to see while it was growing. Never seen a plant do that before. Peace and *bong* dude.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 AM #5
Antoine Mack
cannasseur extraordinaire

Antoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really niceAntoine Mack is just really nice
subscribed!

btw:nice pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DεvíLδck View Post
Antoine Mack is offline Quote

Old 03-22-2010, 02:23 PM #6
K.J

K.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
High K.J. Sorry to hear about your seeds not sprouting. Have ya tried scarring them? Not sure it will make a difference but you could give it a shot.
Yep, we put them in a matchbox with a bit of Emory board and shook it up lightly. No luck.

Quote:
The Royal Hawaiian was from Reeferman Seeds.(Hawaiian indica x Hawaiian sativa) Same as the description for Spice.
Thanks for the info! I LOVE that strain and I hope it's out there in someone's hands who might make the genetics publicly available again.

My grow journals:

~[Kief Junkie & Q.K.] 250w Organic Soil NGB style MediCab (perpetual, var. strains)~

~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~The Pure & Blue Mystic~

~ Dennis Leary, remixed
K.J is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 PM #7
DεvíLδck

Hey KJ as far as I can tell Royal Hawaiian and Spice are the same genetics, just different breeders.

Here is the weekly update

Spice 7 days veg

Peace and *bong* everyone

Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM #8
K.J

Quote:
Hey KJ as far as I can tell Royal Hawaiian and Spice are the same genetics, just different breeders.
Wow, really? Can anyone else out there confirm this? If it's true, I'll be DOUBLE pissed that my Spice beans wouldn't germinate (all 10 of them were failures). I guess maybe I'll have to order some more and take my chances, because I love that strain.

My grow journals:

~ Dennis Leary, remixed
K.J is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM #9
barletta
Bandaid

barletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nice
Where did you order to only get 10 Spice beans? Were they in a breeder pack? I got my Spices in a yellow pack, and like all of the other yellow packs that I bought, they had 16+ in there. I am also under the impression that the new packs (silver and blue foil) are getting stuffed with 18+ per pack.

KJ If you are so 'pissed', why not shoot Shanti a PM at the mrn board, and have him send you a replacement pack at his cost? How many times do you have to post that you weren't able to germ your seeds?

BTW, spice is a KILLER indy dom hybrid, IME. A lil light on the stretch/yield, but HEAVY on the funk, frost, and color. I got 2 plants from a pack (that Shanti STILL replaced), and a female from a dreamtime that I ID'd as Spice (all of the mrn packs have their own 'funk', IME). I ran the 1 female for ~10 months, and she was my keeper outdoor from summer 08.
barletta is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM #10
K.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post
Where did you order to only get 10 Spice beans? Were they in a breeder pack? I got my Spices in a yellow pack, and like all of the other yellow packs that I bought, they had 16+ in there. I am also under the impression that the new packs (silver and blue foil) are getting stuffed with 18+ per pack.
You're right, I think they had 15 in them. Anyway, same diff...none of the germ'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post
KJ If you are so 'pissed', why not shoot Shanti a PM at the mrn board, and have him send you a replacement pack at his cost? How many times do you have to post that you weren't able to germ your seeds?
Calm down, it wasn't that serious a comment. I'd be so "pissed" because I love the RH, and if the Spice is the same thing, then I'd be double disappointed that they didn't germ. But yeah, it's not worth my time to go back and forth with the breeder over one pack of seeds (I did post a while back in his forums here on IC, but never got a response from him directly). I'll just move on to another pack of beans, or another clone cut.

My grow journals:

~ Dennis Leary, remixed
K.J is offline Quote