What's new

Alibi- Texas Mystic

DrJay2001

now at peace
The TRC boys in Texas did a great job on this Train Wreck x Sweet Tooth #4 cross. Although many of the phenos were weak we snagged a good one that is very reminescent of old time punta roja or Oahaxcan Sativa. Pic #1 is Alibi at 35 days and #2 at 55 days. These girls go 60. They are sweet, spicey, and all cerebral :)

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

G-D

Why can't i find those TRC GENES
I hear so much good stuff and still those beans are so hard to obtain.
Someone please show me the promise land!!!!!!!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TRC genes will be released soon me thinks... ;)

Nice plants bro, we grow LOTS of TRC here... MOSTLY TRC here he he he...
cc

DrJay2001

now at peace
Thanks CC! We also have some of TRC's Devastator going (Big SkunkxGarlic Budx Shivax Afghani). Time for some really stinky girls :)

Yours,
Dr. jay

ps: It would be great if the TRC boys could find a seed outlet to carry their genetics.

G

Dr. Jay - Have you seeded or crossed any of these select TM plants or are you working off clones now. Hell Doc, I'll trade you some barbecue sauce and a jalepeno pepper or two for some of your stock.

I have been trying to contact the TRC for a little while now.

I have sent pm's to Lonestar and the guys at TRC and SD but nothing yet. SD used to offer some TRC strains at one time.

I'm hopefull for some "Texas Mystic" or "Blue Tooth" myself.

"Texas Resin Connection" you gotta love that

Keep on Keepin on

Texas Kid

DrJay2001

now at peace
The Lord knows this kid loves good Q and I grow peppers :)

We popped a bunch of the original beans TM beans last year. We kept a healthy male and used him to knock up a Train Wreck. I only got ten beans from that backcross and we're holding on to them.

Of the others we got a wide range of phenos and many of them were weak. All of the girls got knocked up accidentally by that Big Bruiser Alibi male so we got F-2's which are probably pretty variable. We sent those out to a number of gardeners and should have some reports fairly soon.

We kept one particularly pretty TM as a Mom and are now working via clones as you mentioned. This is a red haired beauty who is pretty darn strong and nearly all Sativa going a good 60 days. She's not as strong as Train Wreck and seems to lack the Afghani genes of that cross. She does have the taste of the Sweet Tooth.

Mostly, the Alibi we kept produces what I call "reefer weed". It's like the old time Sativa's that we used to get from Oahaxca. Sweet, spicey, and uplifting. It's great day time pot but most folks used to the Indica type of buzz don't like it.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

here's some of the Alibi Punta roja just cut

Click for Larger Image

G

Love the pics Doc

Anytime your feeling gracious with some of your project crosses I would love to get on the list.

I'm currently growing Mazar, Bogbubble, and LSD. But, in the wings I have some DP Orange Bud, Nirvana's Jock Horror, Rez's Sour Deisel and Bog's Grape punch is in the mail.

Love your input to this forumn

If been asked to research some strains suitable for some releif from Lymes and Hep C. I have two family members fighting these afflictions.

Your advice is most welcome

Texas Kid

G

Got a message from the TRC todays and it sounds like the best is just about to come. Killer sounding hybrid on the way

So I holding out

Tex Kid

DrJay2001

now at peace
Sounds good TK. Old Lonestar and the gang know their bud. I'll have some Devastator pics soon. That's TRC's cross of Shiva x Big Skunk x Garlic Bud x Afghani.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the F-2's are good. I'm still waiting to hear. After we start our new garden I'll pop some myself. Meanwhile this Alibi girl is just fine :) I realize I'll have to find her all over again if I can't keep the Mom but a friend may take her in for a few months while we complete our move.

I think I'm going to go ahead and cut that girl at Day 56 (tomorrow). She's got chrystals galore and almost all amber hairs. Her top buds are actually starting to foxtail. Yum.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just heard from lonestar, says the TRC's first public release will be called "Burgundy Frost". Should be starting some of em here by tomorrow afternoon ;) He's in love with em, so they've got to be nice...

cc

DrJay2001

now at peace
And it comes with a matching Conan hat! I admit it, I'm hooked on Conan. You can have Letterman and Leno, give me the Daily Report and Conan the O'Brian.

My sister in law brought that shirt and hat home from a taping in the Big Apple.

Meanwhile on the Alibi front....I've tried to clear this up both here and at OG that I don't see a relationship between "Arcata" Train Wreck (that I and some friends grow). I wish I knew more about the Alaskan TW clone supposedly used in the cross.

Yes, most of the TM was tasty but average but we got lucky with a good pheno which is true of a lot of today's crosses.

When I compare Alibi to Punta Roja or Oahaxcan, etc. I'm just reaching for a comparison to the Sativa's the Alibi most resembles. Is is true? Is it scientific? No, it's just good guess work.

Heck, I'm lookin at that cola and wondering is that neon lime green from Michuacan or Thailand? Is the red from Oahaxca? From the effects I'm nearly certain it's the Mexican not the Thai that is dominant in this particular pheno.

Meanwhile I pinched a major nerve in my lower back yesterday and of all I strains available I went straight to the Train Wreck.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
"Burgandy Frost"? Just what is Lonestar and the boys up to now. I love the names. We've popped two LSD#4's and hope to get a male to cross to our Black Domina. I'm going to call that one "Black Snow". Heh, heh, heh...

I also wonder if the BF is an F-1 cross and if so of what and how stable they are. I don't think they'd release them unless they were getting pretty consistent results.

Our Devastator from TRC are growing like little stinky cabbages. This sounds like it could be great back pain weed or just plain great party pot. We expect at least one Devastor male and if we get one I plan on collecting pollen to knock up our G-13. That would be "Black Skunk". Lol.

Yours,
Dr. jay

G

Burgubdy Frost

Burgubdy Frost

The TRC sent me this today

Burgundy frost, I shall attempt to enlighten,Somas SomangoxLavender males, Somas,RockbudxLavenderMales,the best 3-4 of each males pollen blended together and used to pollinate our supermum Blueberry from DJShorts, just tweaked a bit and TRC mother stock of a few strains now,we also have the F4 generation of seeds working Wahoo!, superstable if all goes well, we shall see ,so thats it, a tripleSomaCross of pollen with a Shorts BB,Indi Dom

I think I got a buzz from the description.

Should be excellent

Texas Kid

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
a friend sent me the TRC genetics
the grow i did of it was weird from start

compared to the TW
the Alibi was slow in veg growth.
it was as well more on the stocky side,so i assumed that was the sweet tooth genetics showing?

the finished product was a golden hue'd flower
curing to a have a chocolate tint

the TW was more potent

after that i said WTF

it was a outcast of the family :(

hopefully i find a pheno like you guys did within these last few beans :D

nice grow

late

G

hey CC......

hey CC......

......its so much nicer when gifted:D

DrJay, the texas mystic(alibi) im runnin at one month veg are doin very nice. I gave them the "touch" last weekend so there not ready for pics.

thanks again to you and LS for these beans. think ill veg for 6/8 weeks on um along with the rest of the grow.

pleasure
CBF

Latest posts

Latest posts