Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Pot bound in smart pots ?? Leaves falling off ...

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Pot bound in smart pots ?? Leaves falling off ... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 AM #1
Dreamscape

Dreamscape will become famous soon enough
Pot bound in smart pots ?? Leaves falling off ...

hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever got potbound in smart pots ??

I'm fairly positive i'm pot bound with a couple plants and thats why my leaves are continuously yellowing and falling off.

As it is right now i'll water + feed , water , water , and water + feed again and i've been supplementing with some added nitrogen (nitrex).

Also my water ph is always between 6.4-6.7
Dreamscape is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 AM #2
ourcee

ourcee has a spectacular aura aboutourcee has a spectacular aura aboutourcee has a spectacular aura about
I have a buddy who has 5 FOOT plants in 1 gallon smart pots... (and hasn't flipped 12/12 yet )

I'm amazed that the plants look as healthy as they do.

they arent crazy bushes by any means, but WAYYYY more growth than I'd imagine a 1 gal container being able to hold.

I'm sure a 5 gallon smart pot could sustain a bigger plant than a 1 gallon. so potbound? probably not because its constantly pruning, the top will only get so big (equal to bottom), so if you've filled up the bottom with roots, then it would make sense why the top would slow/drop leaves.
ourcee is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 01:32 PM #3
bigwity
Banned

bigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the rough
as loing as you feed em right and often enough there is no need to worry. i speak from experience i use small pots to regulate my sativa size, its not actually the pot that regulates its my frequency of feeding. also when they get big watering can be a 3 part process
bigwity is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:34 PM #4
bigwity
Banned

bigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the roughbigwity is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscape View Post
hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever got potbound in smart pots ??

I'm fairly positive i'm pot bound with a couple plants and thats why my leaves are continuously yellowing and falling off.

As it is right now i'll water + feed , water , water , and water + feed again and i've been supplementing with some added nitrogen (nitrex).

Also my water ph is always between 6.4-6.7
by the way dreamscape! i fooking loved dreamscape when i was younger and helter skelter i didnt realise people still remembered that stuff, good work
bigwity is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 PM #5
darksith

darksith will become famous soon enough
what type of soil are you using? You may not be feeding them enough. I feed feed feed feed, never just straight water, but I also know my soil.
darksith is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 06:17 PM #6
bigwity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith View Post
what type of soil are you using? You may not be feeding them enough. I feed feed feed feed, never just straight water, but I also know my soil.
take note. this man you should listen to
bigwity is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM #7
BLUNToPOTomuss

BLUNToPOTomuss will become famous soon enoughBLUNToPOTomuss will become famous soon enough
I feed EVERY watering in FFF with Fox farm 1tbl Big bloom, 1tsp tiger bloom, and 1tsp molasses and 1/2tsp of either Open seasame, Bastie bloomz or Cha ching. Have yet to get any burn or defficiencies

BLUNToPOTomuss' first ever grow 400w 2x2x4

UPGRADE!!-- DR80 tent, Nextgen 600w Ballast, 6'' ActiveAir inline, CAP speed control, Goblin filter and 4 6'' clip on fans- running AT ambient with this setup!!

Prop215 and SB420 Compliant
BLUNToPOTomuss is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM #8
Dreamscape

Dreamscape will become famous soon enough
Initially I started in Moonshine mix ... which is a mix of FF ocean forest, light warrior and the orange bag with the fox on it ... I think its just called "potting mix" or something ... can't remember

Its these 3 mixed together with a couple of cups of FF peace of mind ... a couple cups of lime ... and about 35% large chunky perlite (about the size of nickles)

After the first month in soil I have to start supplementing their food because the soil becomes depleted.

My mothers are to the point where there isn't really anymore than possibly 5 percent medium ... its pretty much just all roots.

... I guess I should be feeding more often then huh ...

I started doing a feed with:

General Organics Grow + Cal/mag

next Just ph'd water ...

next hygrozyme and liquid karma ...

next water ...

Back to G.O. Grow + Cal/Mag

We'll see how it turns out
Dreamscape is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 AM #9
BLUNToPOTomuss

BLUNToPOTomuss will become famous soon enoughBLUNToPOTomuss will become famous soon enough
[quote=Dreamscape;3293212]After the first month in soil I have to start supplementing their food because the soil becomes depleted.

Is this an issue for you?

From what I understand that light warrior is nothing more than good dirt. Nothing really added to it at all. so maybe use more FFOF to add a bit more heat to the mix and a little less feeding through out? Just a thought. I run straight FFOF not cut and never have had probs...... but then again Im sure my yeild is down a tab because there is no mix going on....

BLUNToPOTomuss' first ever grow 400w 2x2x4

UPGRADE!!-- DR80 tent, Nextgen 600w Ballast, 6'' ActiveAir inline, CAP speed control, Goblin filter and 4 6'' clip on fans- running AT ambient with this setup!!

Prop215 and SB420 Compliant
BLUNToPOTomuss is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 AM #10
IllEagle007

IllEagle007 will become famous soon enough
I cant believe the small pots people use on here that I noticed. My plants seem to get rootbound in veg so fast in a 1 gallon pot. 6-12 inches and I notice the growth slows and they start to stretch. Even If I flower in a 3 gal pot I notice a loss in yield and plant size compared to my 5 gallon pots.
IllEagle007 is offline Quote