Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Growroom Designs & Equipment > SENTINEL CHHC-4 (that's right, 4)

Thread Title Search    
Find out more about Green Gator Filters
 SENTINEL CHHC-4 (that's right, 4) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
Hackk

Hackk is on a distinguished road
SENTINEL CHHC-4 (that's right, 4)

So I just tried to buy the sentinel controller CHHC-1 from a well priced shop, and was told that they no longer carry them, but do carry the new CHHC-4. I cant find any google info, I cant find any info on sentinel site, and even that shop couldnt clearly explain the difference between the two because they havent received the new units yet.

Does anyone have any information they can provide me on this new product?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
Hackk

A little update, and for an additional $50 I think I'll pass. Nothing has changed except the *NEW* things listed

CHHC-4 Total Environmental Controller

The CHHC-4 controls all of your growing area conditions accurately and reliably. First of all, it has all of the C02 control features of the CHHC-1 and CPPM-1. It also has the ability to control 3 other devices, a heating device and a humidity device. Records the min and max temperature, humidity and C02 levels.

Unlike some C02 controllers, the CHHC-4 is able to be calibrated by the user with the self calibration feature.
*NEW* Green LED lights make this unit very plant friendly
*NEW* Removable combination remote temp, humidity, light level & CO2 probe allows the CHHC-4 to be placed up to 16 feet away.
*NEW* Protective caps to help prevent water from getting into the controller
Monitors and controls CO2 with PPM accuracy
Also controls 3 other devices, a heating device. a cooling device and a humidity device.
Separate day/night temp and humidity settings.
Records the min and maxi temp, humidity and CO2 levels.
Has 2 separate outputs to control cooling and heating.
Can increase or decrease the amount of humidity in the growing area.
Remote temp, humidity, CO2 and light level sensor

Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
MarquisBlack
St. Elsewhere

MarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant futureMarquisBlack has a brilliant future
Fuckin' lame!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
globel

globel will become famous soon enoughglobel will become famous soon enough
and they still haven't fully rolled out the software for the first one.. You think they could have gone with a usb port upgrade?
globel jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
globel

globel will become famous soon enoughglobel will become famous soon enough
pn second look... it appears they took it away.... BUMMER you cant have a perty graph of your grow room weather and co2 flux with the new unit.
globel jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
bali_man

bali_man is on a distinguished road
I've used the chhc1 for over almost 2 yrs now, I suppose its a solid unit. I only utilize the co2, rh,and cooling device features. The unit however comes with A LOT of shortcomings.

Now 250 more for what i see as a needed upgrade to bring this unit above elementary grade is ridiculous. I think im going to invest some $$$ into designing a 20th century env controller. I'm sure there will be a huge market for it and I have capital to burn. It is time appliances became intelligent. I mean look how much an Ipad does and it costs less than a env controller, and cost of manufacturing is approx 250ish. U get a 10 inch lcd screen for fucks sake. On the chhc1 they fucking couldn't even fit ppm on the display module. The buttons and box feel like my sprinker timer box. Hope they go bankrupt. Better said can't wait to bankrupt them.

Todays growers are tech savvy want high tech goodies, they want data they can work with, they understand usb, FW, etc, and there's just no option to have any of that at any price. Sucks goat balls if u ask me.

oh ya hahaha just remembered, The plastic they used for the probe of the chhc1.....I've bought junk from the 99 cent store that used higher grade plastic. I peg the cost of production on the chhc1 unit at approx 30-45 US dollars. A unit they want 6-700ish for....So with the minimalistic changes they've made and further drop in component prices, they're still spending less than 50 US dollars on manufacturing the new chhc4 and now want nearly 1K for the unit......
bali_man jest offline   Quote

Old 04-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #7
crippled1
Transpiration manager

crippled1 will become famous soon enough
I found the chhc-4 for $575 free shipping from an ebay seller.
It may not be a current listing but you can send them a message and ask them to send you an invoice for the controller. I just got this price from them yesterday.

You can find them on ebay by doing a member search using the name "bestpricehydroponics" they are in Nevada.
Sorry, I don't have an email address for them.
crippled1 jest offline   Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #8
Hackk

to fill everyone in, I actually purchased the CHHC-4 over the 1. I edited my last statement of it costing +$250 more, to only costing +50 (shady hydro store quoted the 250). Overall, Im very pleased with the unit. The detachable probe is very handy, and the green LED display vs the original red is a drastic improvement. I spent a lot of time over the phone with Sentinel people (growgps), and they bent over backwards to explain and work out questions I had.

I give Sentinel two thumbs up, my purchase was well worth it

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #9
Guest 18340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackk View Post
to fill everyone in, I actually purchased the CHHC-4 over the 1. I edited my last statement of it costing +$250 more, to only costing +50 (shady hydro store quoted the 250). Overall, Im very pleased with the unit. The detachable probe is very handy, and the green LED display vs the original red is a drastic improvement. I spent a lot of time over the phone with Sentinel people (growgps), and they bent over backwards to explain and work out questions I had.

I give Sentinel two thumbs up, my purchase was well worth
it
Right on man Theirs a Sentinel in the very near future for me.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 AM   #10
Lazyman
Overkill is under-rated.

Lazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivorLazyman is a survivor
Haha they're right up the street from me, but does anyone have the software download for the 1? I want to stick a notebook by it and have it email me data.
Lazyman jest offline   Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
grow nerd

I heard the CHHC-4 is 4 times better than the CHHC-1. Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

I can only imagine this to be true... as I clearly recall the Atari Jaguar (64-bit) being "up to" 2x as fun as the Dreamcast (32-bit). Also remember it being "up to" 4x as fun to play as the SNES (only a measly 16 bits!! pfft!!). Anyone remember the lasers? Pew pew, pew, pew!!

Old 04-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
crippled1
Transpiration manager

crippled1 will become famous soon enough
Has anyone found a better price on the -4 than $575 with free shipping?
crippled1 jest offline   Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #13
eurasian_farmer

eurasian_farmer will become famous soon enough
bump.
eurasian_farmer jest offline   Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #14
BlackThumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bali_man View Post
I've used the chhc1 for over almost 2 yrs now, I suppose its a solid unit. I only utilize the co2, rh,and cooling device features. The unit however comes with A LOT of shortcomings.

Now 250 more for what i see as a needed upgrade to bring this unit above elementary grade is ridiculous. I think im going to invest some $$$ into designing a 20th century env controller. I'm sure there will be a huge market for it and I have capital to burn. It is time appliances became intelligent. I mean look how much an Ipad does and it costs less than a env controller, and cost of manufacturing is approx 250ish. U get a 10 inch lcd screen for fucks sake. On the chhc1 they fucking couldn't even fit ppm on the display module. The buttons and box feel like my sprinker timer box. Hope they go bankrupt. Better said can't wait to bankrupt them.

Todays growers are tech savvy want high tech goodies, they want data they can work with, they understand usb, FW, etc, and there's just no option to have any of that at any price. Sucks goat balls if u ask me.

oh ya hahaha just remembered, The plastic they used for the probe of the chhc1.....I've bought junk from the 99 cent store that used higher grade plastic. I peg the cost of production on the chhc1 unit at approx 30-45 US dollars. A unit they want 6-700ish for....So with the minimalistic changes they've made and further drop in component prices, they're still spending less than 50 US dollars on manufacturing the new chhc4 and now want nearly 1K for the unit......

USB / Web enabled, "Fuzzy Logic", Real-Time computer graphing,
Altitude adjustment, etc. etc.

$550 Retail

http://www.thrivegardening.com

http://www.greenhousetechsupply.com/

Old 03-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #15
jerrypike

jerrypike is on a distinguished road
I have been running one of these for over 6 months with no issues, has worked flawlessly keeping co2 humidity and temp levels consistent. Until I bought a new ac a couple of days ago, 12k to replace my 8k, and ever since it has been shutting itself down once or twice a day and it is really becoming a pain in the ass considering once it shuts down it only takes about an hour to raise the room temp 15 degrees with no ac running. Tried contacting sentinel support to no avail, and disconnected my dehuey thinking there might be a max amp load on this controller? My ac runs 10 amps , any ideas on why this might be happening?