What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SourDiesel x Destroyer

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello IC fellows !

here is a first smoke report of my first
Sour Diesel "riri cut" x Destroyer (Cannabiogen) male
homemadecross from Jeano, a good friend of mine.

Sour Diesel being [Chemdawg 91 x Mass Super Skunk/NL x DNL]
and Destroyer [Meo Thai x ColumbiaMexico]

if i'm not mistaking.

That plant was cut a bit early, 12 weeks flowering, because i wanted something to smoke, and she was already quite fat and starting to show white trichomes. she's been drying for two weeks now, no curing yet.

Expectations

I've grown the sd riri, and smoke a bunch of different destroyers. The point of this cross was to increase the SourDiesel yield, while lowering the general flowering time of the Destroyer.
I was looking for intense sativa high, that's why this was a must grow cross.

Please note that i'm hard on the marks, so
5/10 is good
7/10 is very good
9/10 is perfect
10/10 : incredible, very very very rare !

Smell 8/10

ok so this is quite fresh buds, but i really like the riri mother fresh as she throw some very fruity tones that she loose with drying and curing.

The smell is really strong, indeed having any bud in the pocket will get you very very smelly. Comparable to the cheese UK i'ld say, which is a stinker as you know.

First smell that come into my mind is turpentine : a mix of very very piney tones, with some solvent in it too. It has some fruity tones too,very citrus.

So this would be a more destroyer leaning phenotype, while being more smelly, probably thanks to the kick in terpens production the riri cut is well know for having.

some friends swear it reminds them of lemon washingup liquid, i agree but imo the piney/turpentin is there too.

Bud Appeal : 7/10

not very fat buds, i think two more weeks would have given them a little more density. Those are sativa buds, and typical close to the destroyer foxtail.
Getting read of the fan leaves is a PLEASURE : they are very very few leaves, that gets yellow and die, so easy to remove by hand.
It is nicely covered in resin as you can see in the pictures.

SMOKE TEST :

having a high tolerance at the moment ( 3/4g a day, with a bit of SD destroyer ), i have to get a decent quantity. So i'll go for a 1g joint(i usually use .5 in one joint), along with a few tobacco (ill get a pure smoke test when it s 6 month cured :).

Taste: 8/10

Ok so let's light this stuff :) that is a huge one ^^here we are.. it is very smooth that s for sure, a typical sat smoke, a little lung expanding, and very dense.... the taste is fruity/citrus with some old school thai undertones, and strong, you feel it developping in your mouth after you exhale. it has a little turpentine taste, like piney undertones that comes after the fruity, they hit you like they want you to keep in mind it is very potent (i ve always associated strong piney tones with heavy thc content). Overall it is a very nice taste, it s not a common one, but neither a really particular one. you won t get tired of it.
It stays in the mouth for a while...

Effect 9/10

it is little creeper, it hits you generally after five minutes, reaching a peak at 15. It is starting to kick now, a very calming body/mind stone to start with. not what i would expect of a sativa that could go for 14 wks, and that has been cut early. during my smoke session with friends, i have noticed that it is over potent for most people.

It is not a social buzz, you re really to far away from earth to speak or to listen to. so far 5 friends have been really fucked up with this herb, a lot more than they usually are with other herbs. probably due to that strange sativa mind/body stone, during party that will put them in the corner of the couch tripping like hell, but alone ^^

i am a heavy smoker, so i m starting to be able to determine, from daily smoke, which buds have high cannbinoids contents. I must say this one is on the top of what i ve smoked, it is as potent as the riri mother, maybe even more.
it is far from an indica buzz, still it has some similarities.

It can be mastered of course, but it takes a little time. First three parties i did smoking that were a mess ^^Now that i can gather my mind under it, and get that -everything is smooth, cool and calm - effect while being able to interact with the actual world ^^

I just finished the joint writing those lines... so it s a bit a mess, as you see ideas and memories popping all around.

Now i feel really relaxed, gotta put some reggae on. :)

my tolerance seems to build quite slowly for this strain, but i think it is more because im getting used to this effect rather than my body is. i dont know if you understand what i mean.

duration of the high is around two hours for me now, for my friends it would be more likely 4 hours, which i found quite good. it sometimes have some waves coming back after one or two hours, you just feel like you smoke a minute ago. australian style ^^

Vaporization : It's is more a euphoric buzz, very heady, but it gets the same as the joint after a couple of volcano balloons ... i find the taste very nice, citrus/piney all the way, and intense. I ve made it try to non smokers(who have never smoke) that just find it weird. but i bet some other more fruity phenos will perform better on the taste vaporized.

Overall 8/10

i'm really happy with this herb, it is a nice plant to grow, a bit stretchy but worth the stretch. This particular phenotype is very stoney but i think the others are not as much. It is not my favorite in smell, my favorite being now what i call the passion fruit pheno, the one i loved the smell from the beginning. I can say for sure i ll give that cross a try again if it is still around when i'll be back from nepal.

so still i have the others 4 phenos i have to do a smoke report about 4 phenos i need to smoke report !... will see about the difference, but i bet there is some incredible smoke out there in my bathroom where they re drying.^^ I'm hoping for a 9/10 overall :)

Don't be shy for questions, remarks, or comments !
please excuse my english, this is not my first language; and i'm really high right now after this quite huge joint!

Last edited:

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the good review :)
I think that if I smoke a joint of a good up-beat sativa with >that< size I'll surely get a heart attack :) I might be a daily sativa smoker (3-4 times a day) but I try to keep my tolerance low, and I always slow down the tempo if one hit of quality sativa is not enough. And single-person joints of that size always amuse me... but I guess I'd do the same if I had more than enough :)

Dank-j

Killer cross man, sounds like a tripper for sure! You gave a great report and I can't wait to read about the other phenotypes.

titoon29

Veteran
yoss33, mixin, Dank-j, thanks a lot for your comments !

i understand your point yoss33! But I prefer smoking a little more and get less high, rather than keeping my tolerance low and be way too high too function. I guess i could smoke less potent herb, but it doesn t do the trick as well for me. Sometimes people tell me it's a waste, but hey, i'm growing more than i need...

I must add that around 2 hours after the joint, i felt asleep for 3 hours :) and it was midday... i was quite tired, so the joint increased that to a point of sleeping !

BloodyTreez

yoss33, mixin, Dank-j, thanks a lot for your comments !

i understand your point yoss33! But I prefer smoking a little more and get less high, rather than keeping my tolerance low and be way too high too function. I guess i could smoke less potent herb, but it doesn t do the trick as well for me.

You sound just like me there titoon.:bump: Excellent smoke report, I really like your style of putting it across, made me feel as if I was smoking with you. :D That cross is madness, your report reminded me of some vincey I smoked this morning, but after about an hour the high was wearing thin. Not a bad smoke, but not potent in the longevity department. These days we have been getting a lot of vincey, all kinds some good, some wack. Keep up the good work, and be safe mate.:tiphat:

cheers,
BT

titoon29

Veteran
You sound just like me there titoon.:bump: Excellent smoke report, I really like your style of putting it across, made me feel as if I was smoking with you. :D That cross is madness, your report reminded me of some vincey I smoked this morning, but after about an hour the high was wearing thin. Not a bad smoke, but not potent in the longevity department. These days we have been getting a lot of vincey, all kinds some good, some wack. Keep up the good work, and be safe mate.:tiphat:

cheers,
BT

BloodyTreez !

I'm gonna have to visit you one day :jump:

smoking sativas all day long in the carribean, that's what life is about ! :bump:

I smoked this crazy phenotype again at 12 today, felt asleep at 3 for 2 hours... i m starting to think this is the herb ^^

++

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BloodyTreez again.

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
yea thanx for the report, but what is a riri cut? peace n puffs..

sackO

titoon29

Veteran
Hello GrnMtnGrwr, sackoweed., thanks for posting and for your comments !

check out in my signature the Sour Diesel IBL thread, everything you want to know about the riri cut is there.

basically, it's a very sour/kushy phenotype of the SD Ibl, very potent and smelly. it s been around my place for a few years now and everybody just loves it.

but i found the taste too kushy for me, and was looking for more fruity in it, and maybe a more sativa smoke.

hope it helps...

++

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Thank you for the smoke report. :) That first pic doesn't do it justice but the others and especially the close ups show its good looking bud. Keep it danK! :joint:

titoon29

Veteran
GrnMtnGrwr > the mom used in this cross Sd Destroyer is a sour diesel ibl from rez, yes !

CalcioErba2004 > first pic really shows that the buds are kinda related to old school sativa buds, and when you get to closed up you can see that it s full of resin !
i would def suggest you keep a destroyer male from your grow to pollinate few buds of the SD ibl... thanks for posting and the rep mate !

BudBo

In case you guys need a name for the polyhybrid;)

Sour Diestroyer

or Sour Die(like tie die not dieing a in death)

Hah not very clever i kno....the destoryer interests me alot it seems like a brand new haze (extreme sativa)

I'd like to see a

Destroyer x Skunk

DestroyerSkunk x Destroyer Nl

Hah get something alot the lines of a newwer SSH

Edit: new hybrid calld Laxitive or Drano - SHit x Destroyer hahahahah

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Now I see why you were so fired up about this run Tit... damn fine my friend. I can tell just by looking at the pictures that those creamy Thai flavors are there. Very tasty ~

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Excellent report. Sounds like it's also gonna get a tad better after the cure. I've had some Destroyer curing for a couple of months...I'm going to unleash it very soon.

1000ARMSofKALI

nice smoke report titoon29!it was pleasure to read, i also think that through curing it will only improve itself...destroyer is great breeding tool, respect to charlie garcia....) also respecta to jeano...

thanky ya for sharing...

kali

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
titoon29 - I was just looking into destroyer... man that looks like some good stuff! Is it only available in the feminized 5 packs that are available on Seed Boutique?

titoon29

Veteran
Hey mates thanks for your comments ! greatly appreciated.

i'm now in kathmandu, the SD destroyer buds have been stored and are curing, for the next 6 months... maybe el rubio will come around as he has smoked some samples.

thx zep, yeah those are for sure keepers, i think so and so most of the people that have smoked it so far ! and some that are used to smoke !

good luck with your cured destroyer mayan, i ll wait for your report :)

1000ARMSofKALI : jeano grew 17 destroyer, with no hermie, for a thai, this is amazing !

GrnMtnGrwr not sure where to find those cbg destroyer... didnt know they do them feminized.

please anyone feel free to let a comment or ask a question !

+++