What's new

PLL Wiring

wilde

Thanks alot!

I was looking for how to wire my stuff and this thread was the only one to show up when searching on "pll" in the growroom designs forum =)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If you use Fulham ballasts (I highly recommend them!), be sure to only wire 3 55w lamps to a 220w ballast using wiring diagram #11 You can find it on their site.... unless you want to void the warranty.

I've also updated the wiring information on the link. :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF YOUR PL-L's when your head is within 3-4 feet of them. They WILL do permanent damage to your eyes.... that you won't notice until it is too late.

wilde

Ok, I guess I managed to extract some knowledge from the first thread you linked to but since it doesn't regard the ballast I have I made a new thread for the philips ballast: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3311651, in which I made a second post with my own bet on how to do it.

Hopefully someone gives me the :good: so I can get my cab ready for the weekend :)

Craven_au

looking good man i have not wired up my ballast yet just like to know where u got your ballast from and fitting. still don't have the fitting yet. i got my ballast for $18 each second hand.

Craven_au

My Philips Eletronic ballast wiring 2x2x55w 240v 50-60Hz

My Philips Eletronic ballast wiring 2x2x55w 240v 50-60Hz

I will be getting 1 more power cord 2morrow so i can run them separately. The green wire is not needed but they do have 4 pin 4 some reason better safe than sorry.

Craven_au

Squire can u fill me in i have found that my philips ballast work with out connecting the globs (green wire) is this safe? What way do u think is best?

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Craven, none of those are correct. This is the closest:

picture.php

Look at the wiring diagram... You have nothing in terminal #4 on your ballast when there should be. The green wire needs to connect to terminal 4 in addition to where it connects now. Peace.

wilde

Can anyone explain why wires need to be short between ballast and lamp? And how long should they be at a maximum?

I also read somewhere that the wires should be single strand to connect properly into the holes, how important is this?