What's new

Seed weight ratio 50/50

hkush

Just a heads up, don't overpollinate.

As I prepare to maybe smoke two grams of weed in one sitting, I feel the duty to warn anyone to not do what I did. Just polinate one bud. My 10 ounce harvest is 5 damn ounces of seed.

Brings brings me to another point, but I forgot what it was.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
heh i think that's just one of those bridges that gets crossed by all growers eventually, even those that don't intend on pollenating but accidentally let a male get away from them.

Brings brings me to another point, but I forgot what it was.
So the smoke can't be that bad then ;)

E

EvilTwin

Hey Hkush,
Bummer about your harvest. But at least you have plenty of seeds! I've taken a few different approaches to seed production.

Usually I make a clone of the female and pollinate that well away from the garden. Even a small 6" clone can produce 30 seeds or so.

Occasionally I'll pollinate my entire garden...but very lightly. Last did this a few years ago and it worked great. I had a great early finishing Brazilian sativa male and 6 females of various strains. So as soon as buds were big enough to pollinate, I took the male (which was actively shedding pollen) and held it in front of a small fan for just a few seconds. All females got lightly pollinated and once I retrieved all the seeds...I determined I had minimum of ten seeds per female. Easiest crosses I ever made...
ET

hkush

I gave mine a few sessions of shaking males (AK47) over the females (AK47, Hawaiian Indica, White Rhino). Ended up with a good amount of seeds. About 3 oz total so far counting the three varieties in their separate containers, and a mixed variety jar below. One of these days I'm going to count them out of curiosity, then throw them in various ditches throughout the county.

Attachments

• 2point8oz.jpg
    2point8oz.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7
B

bipotato

I'm dying laughing my ass off. :biglaugh:

OMFG my stomach hurts!!

Sorry man just the way you present it. Not laughing at your misfortune. LOL!!! :biglaugh: