What's new

DIY grow box

J23

ok, still working on the box...
http://img682.imageshack.us/g/img0278ie.jpg/ 1. my box its made with wood scraps purchased at ikea diy section. flowering chamber (at right) is 30W x 18D x 34H. 4" opening for a cool tube. still need to cut intake. chamber on a left side is 19"W. I will divide it with a shelf to create "mechanic room" for ballast, timer. there is not too much room in a flowering area so I have to fit the scrubber in a "mechanic room" as well...

2.diy pyrex cool tube, 250w hps. will install 40cfm pc fan on it to keep it in low temps
will post some more pics as my work progress

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hey! no pics?! sounds like you are on the right track though..
best of luck and I will be watching this

TexMex McDirt

Hey J23. Too bad about the beans. Do you know what happened? Did they get snagged at customs or some other shipping error? Did you have too pay again?

Hope things are going well otherwise.

Mahalo!

touchofgrey

Good looking cabinet so far.

I was going build a cool tube last year and that design was one of the better ones I found for mounting the mogul socket but seeing the pigtail hanging out like that always makes me cringe. It usually ends up poking though the duct and getting some wire nuts.

A better solution would be to use a mogul socket with screw terminals instead of a pigtail and bring the cord from the ballast to the terminals so you have protection on the wire through the duct. Cut a U slot in the duct for the wire to come out and seal with silicone.

Latest posts

Latest posts