What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fake Pineapple Express

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
An acquaintance of mine, a younger (than me) fella, gets some herb from a friend of his, called Pineapple Express, in which the seeds came from G13 Labs. I remember reading this thread a while back, prior to, and just chuckle to myself every time "Pineapple Express" is mentioned in my area.

The cut that the friend of the friend keeps is indeed some nice herb. But that changes nothing. I can't believe that some people here are missing the entire point. If someone were to steal a pic in such a manner, can you really believe that their breeding practices are even... BREEDING PRACTICES???

I could collect random bagseed from elite clone-only's, mix them all up, sell somebody a "pack" of those seeds with some name that I pull out of you-know-where, and is there a possibility they'll find something worthwhile? Of course. See my point here? Myself, and many others on this site, prefer to grow stable, consistent, legit genetics with as much background of the lineage as possible. Are there likely mistakes somewhere along the line through the massive trove of cannabis genetics that have been traded/sold/grown/bred while hanging on by a man's word? Of course.

But the difference is this: having the heart and desire to produce quality, stable, legit genetics - or simply not giving a fuck what the grower is getting, stealing pictures, while having one goal in mind: $$$.

And really... "Genetics: Nobody really knows..."

Are you kidding me? Not to mention that this "strain's" name originated from a widely watched stoner flick... This is a prime example that a large portion of the industry needs an eye opening awakening into the difference between "good marketing" and a quality product. Unfortunately this is the same sort of thing that occurs across the country in the non-canna related industries, on an even larger and more deceptive scale.

I could also collect as many clone-only's as possible, spray them down with colloidal silver, collect the feminized seeds, label them as their respective mothers, market them with pics of the original mothers OR, hell, someone else's pics of the same or similar cut... and make a killing off of ill-informed, unsuspecting growers simply buying because of a name.

But NOBODY does THAT? Right???? Fuck.

Somebody could guarantee me that I'd find "thee" holy grail in a single 10 pack by purchasing seeds from G13 Labs, and I would tell them to gently fuck themselves.

I rarely get any bit of riled up on this, or any forum. But this old thread is a textbook example of the clusterfuck that is the cannabis industry. And a perfect example of who NOT to support and what practices every single one of us should condemn.

Pardon my French. The fact that this "G13 Labs Pineapple Express" goes around my area, combined with coming across this thread for the 2nd or 3rd time, I couldn't help it. I hope I at least got through to a single new grower that is oblivious to the seed industry. I'm now going back to the IC member that I usually am, staying humble and eating most of the words that I sometimes want to explode with... My apologies.

Good vibes and good genetics to all :ying: Please do your part in supporting and steer our field into being a positive, legit, quality, respectable market.

Carry on, gentlemen.
:tiphat:

Edit: One more thing, I have an example. Right now I have a 4kw flower room, 51 days into flower, 26 plants total of various strains. If I gave you a picture of BOG's Sour Bubble from SeedBoutique, and asked you to walk through my garden and pick out the 3 Sour Bubble phenotypes grown from seed, 99.9% of growers would NAIL it, even if they'd never heard of SB.

Could you do this with G13 Labs Pineapple Express??? NO. Because #1 the picture is fake, #2 the picture is friggin' FAKE, and #3 everything I've seen about this bogus strain is that there's tons of variation and inconsistency.

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts