You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Microbulator 50 gallon Brewer

Thread Title Search
Microbulator 50 gallon Brewer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 PM #1
growclean
Grow Clean.... Go Fast!

growclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the rough
Microbulator 50 gallon Brewer

https://www.simplici-tea.com/microbulator.htm

So our 5 gallon brewer is NOT cutting it anymore. It works great, but 5 gallons is not enough at a time, so consequently we have it running continously right now, one batch after another. This makes our watering schedule a pain and I am sure that the little pump will not last long. So I am wondering if anyone has used the above brewer before? I am specifically wonder HOW loud it is. We would have it indoors. Also, how is the breakdown and cleaning. Any other comments?

Thanks!
growclean is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 09:27 PM #2
Clackamas Coot

Clackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of lightClackamas Coot is a glorious beacon of light
growclean

The gentleman who owns that company is a regular poster on this board, CT Guy.

If he made it - it will work flawlessly.

HTH

CC
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
Clackamas Coot is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM #3
growclean
Grow Clean.... Go Fast!

growclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the roughgrowclean is a jewel in the rough
CC,
Yeah, thanks. It is the same company that I bought my 5 gallon brewer from too and I am sure that it will work great! I was just wondering more specifically how its use would relate more to a smaller, more contained indoor situation like ours rather than a farm or other type of situation. Maybe he will pop on here even and share his thoughts. I just thought that maybe another member may have already went through this situation and could share.

Thanks for the reply!
growclean is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 PM #4
Trichgnomes

Trichgnomes will become famous soon enoughTrichgnomes will become famous soon enoughTrichgnomes will become famous soon enough
To clarify, the brewers are made by different people, but CT Guy of KIS sells both, his and the one that Microbeman sells (Microbulator 50). I have not seen it in person, but the videos are pretty sweet, and once I outgrow my brewer, it seems the next logical step.
As far as how loud it is, I'm sure Mm will chime in at some point, but I imagine it is fairly loud. He states that he uses the Eco Plus Commercial 5 (4 CFM Max). I have the Eco Plus Commercial 3 for my 5 gallon brewer ( a bit overkill) which is really loud, and I am currently trying to build a muffle box for it. Even with it being on another floor with the door closed, I can still hear it when I am drifting to sleep.
I sort of got used to it, I just pictures waves crashing and microbes fornicating, having some good clean aerobic fun!
"The door to novelty is always slightly ajar: many pass it by with barely a glance, some peek inside but choose not to enter, others dash in and dash out again; while a few, drawn by curiosity, boredom, rebellion, or circumstance, venture in so deep or wander in there so long that the can never find their way back out."
-Tom Robbins
Trichgnomes is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 PM #5
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
I make and sell the Microbulator 50
It is fairly loud compared to the long lasting KIS pump but the ECO Comm 3, I've heard is louder (?).
You can see it in operation at www.microbeorganics.com I believe KIS has links to this site.

It takes about 20 minutes to dismantle and clean.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 PM #6
*Journeyman*

Aren't Alita pumps quieter? They're probably more expensive though.

Microbeman - what's your feedback on Alita air pumps?

Thx

Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 PM #7
CT Guy

I found it to be pretty quiet. MM and I did microscope work with it 6ft away in the same room and it didn't bother me. It's a little louder than our extended life brewing system, but much quieter than our regular 5 gallon brewing system. Just to clarify, we do carry MM's 50 gal. Microbulator on our website, it's the exact same as the one on his site and the price is the same on both regardless of who you order with.

50 gal. is a lot of tea though for the avg. grower. Application rates on tea is 20 gal./acre soil drench; 5 gal./acre foliar applications up to 5 ft. in height, so 50 gal. may be more than you need. That being said, you can't over apply it and you don't have to add water to it so there's no such thing as too much tea, short of overwatering your plant.

It's a good brewer. We added it mostly because I couldn't compete with it on price and the quality of the tea is excellent. Our 28 gal. brewer is now selling at cost, which puts it at $1,600 because we use a custom made tank and stand that have to be shipped to us, along with a much larger motor that retails for around $600. MM's design allows him to use a much smaller motor. Another advantage to the smaller motor is that if it does give out down the line, the cost to replace it is minimal compared to what it costs to replace the motors on our larger systems.

It's not too exciting of a brew asthetically, but it gets the job done quite nicely.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM #8
secondtry

Hey CT Guy,

How ya been? Nice to see ya again. The Microbuator 50 is on my to get list. Oh yea, are you no longer selling vermicast (EWC)?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM #9
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Journeyman* View Post
Aren't Alita pumps quieter? They're probably more expensive though.

Microbeman - what's your feedback on Alita air pumps?

Thx
Sorry; no experience

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 PM #10
CT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtry View Post
Hey CT Guy,

How ya been? Nice to see ya again. The Microbuator 50 is on my to get list. Oh yea, are you no longer selling vermicast (EWC)?
I couldn't find an EWC source in WA State that didn't use manure based compost. There's Yelm Worm Farm, but they use manure. Our old source went out of business, so now we just use Alaska Humus and our own "Fungal Compost." I'm working on making improvements to our compost process and even getting it certified.

Clackamas Coot might have some recommendations down in Oregon....