What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Caspers 1st 61W DWC Micro PC grow

Hey guys, wanted to show off my first and current build. I'm using 2 19W White CFLs 1 Warm 23W CFL. In all honesty, i dont know shit other than what I've been reading here and trying to understand :) so hopefully it'll turn out ok, I'm using a bagseed for now until I figure out all the kinks to DWC and lighting etc... I would appreciate some feedback.

So far only thing I have noticed that the lights are getting rather warm, so I will try and reposition the intake fan, or maybe add another fan to blow directly at the CFL's

attachments will follow in second post

pics

Attachments

• build1.jpg
    build1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9
  • build2.jpg
    build2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 10
Update
10 Days after original build did a couple minor adjustments to the case

First and foremost I added light filters and light proofed the case as much as possible at this point. I used ScrubNinja's tutorial as my inspiration. Found here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135524 total cost of materials = $.89 :dance013:

Secondly, I got tired of moving my case just to check out my lil baby is doing, so I added a webcam (xbox live webcam) to the case. The cam does NOT broadcast to the web btw.

After messing with this case, I've come up with a couple ideas on how to modify the case to use the space more wisely, unfortunately I dont have the money to invest right this second, but it should work out for the next couple weeks. I plan on ripping out that PSU, mounting the powerstrip on the side of the case and powering the fans via a wall wart. Kind of hard to explain, but once I have modified it to my liking, I will make sure to post an update.

Anyways, here are the pictures of my current progress
(External pictures)

Attachments

• external1.jpg
    external1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
  • external2.jpg
    external2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 12
  • external3.jpg
    external3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 12
(Fan assembly)

Attachments

• fan4.jpg
    fan4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 14
  • Fan3.jpg
    Fan3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Fan2.jpg
    Fan2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Fan1.jpg
    Fan1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 13
the medium is vermiculite, and the seedling is sitting in a rockwool cube.

Currently i'm using GH Bloom and Micro, 1 teaspoon per 4 gallons of both. Next week I will switch it to 1 teaspoon per gallon.

One thing i have noticed. It seems like my plant keeps leaning towards the warm CFL... Kind of the opposite of what I expected honestly

thx ironcell

I took a container, placed couple papertowls in it, got them wet, laid the seed in between the towls, and placed it in a dark spot, came back about 36-48hrs later, and the seed cracked open... After that I placed it into the rockwool, and put it into the netpot. I put the netpot in the DWC and ran it with straight water for about a week and a half until i saw the sprout. After that used 1/4 nutes

One thing i have noticed. It seems like my plant keeps leaning towards the warm CFL... Kind of the opposite of what I expected honestly

I noticed this too I have 4 cool and 2 warm in the middle and there all leaning in..I experimented from seed plant all same size with 4 warm on one side and 4 cool and the other and the plants on the cool side were tall and lanky and the ones on the warm side were short and bushy, I think next time I am going to go all warm unless someone knows of a reason not too

edit: sorry for the stoner lond sentence my wife was making fun of me :)

I noticed this too I have 4 cool and 2 warm in the middle and there all leaning in..I experimented from seed plant all same size with 4 warm on one side and 4 cool and the other and the plants on the cool side were tall and lanky and the ones on the warm side were short and bushy, I think next time I am going to go all warm unless someone knows of a reason not too

edit: sorry for the stoner lond sentence my wife was making fun of me :)

I saw a CMH and HPS setup of equal wattages and the plants were leaning to the HPS, it must have something to do with the way they detect the intensest light direction, maybe it favors red, idk. but none the less, it was clearly the case there. I thought that if you used the cool ones they were supposed to make them shorter and bushier, but if they didn't do so in your tests, you might would want to retry the test with a partition in the middle and make sure that each side puts out the same lumens.

Ac|dRa|n

I love the webcam thing.. very inventive. Please tell me you were high when you thought of it :)
Passing good mojo your way to make your little baby a girl!

:smokeit:

Ac|d

Ac|dRa|n

I have always talked to my plants. When I was growing full time, if any deficiencies came up, I would adjust the nutes and have a long talk with them. LOL

Ac|d

Latest posts

Latest posts