What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic chemistry...?

• Thread starter Deleted member 75858
  • Start date

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I was thinking aldehydes, ketones, esters, and alcohols. They are not necessarily soluble but on the whole are more soluble than terpenes. Maybe they can get washed out of ice hash, if they are really exposed to the water. And I'm not so sure that anything is, with the cell walls and the insolubles and all. There are just too many unknowns, since AFAIK no one has gone looking for anything in the used filtered water, a simple solution to that. I think it's just as likely some other reason why the ice hash and the dry sift of one group of clones might come out different.

Some smells I associate with aldehydes and esters instead of terpenes, but I have no proof. Only so much has been published, and found and read and posted by us. Who knows what these authors of articles and patents were working with, except that it isn't any thing I have, and weed is so variable.

You might be surprised by how many things are psychoactive, it's more than you'd guess by reading Erowid. And some guess that only a physiological activity is necessary to change the effects.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
This morning I smoked de-terpened THC (True Hippie Crack? Yes.) as a crude, strange but not really bad nutmeggish-aromatic/plastic smell/smoke/taste THCA (pet. ether extract+base/acid) preparation from NL5xHaze; an off-white to tan, fairly odorous, easily powdered solid without stickiness.

I can't say that the high is any different. I suspect that the cannabinoid proportions are a more important factor. I'll sacrifice myself to investigate this further - larger extraction tubing will have to be bought, more extract will have to be made, and a better smoking method will have to be found. I'll try pressing it into hash with a little heat next time.

Latest posts

Latest posts