What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home Made BubbleBags...?

G

I want to build a 3 layer bubblebag. My question is, what size mesh is best to drain the water with for end product??? That is, what size in america (i.e. 200mesh, 260 mesh, 300...) equates to 23u?? Anyone understand what I'm talking about?? Any infor would be great!

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey there, i can tell you that if your making your own, you need a nice work bag durable, and around 220u, which is about 65lpi, or mesh. Then into a 110lpi or mesh would drop you down into a 150u, i would then try and get a 150lpi, which is around 70u. then into a 210lpi, or mesh which would be close to 45u, then finaly into a 300lpi, which would be closest to your 25u.
I would not sacrifice the fourth bag, it will improve your quality immensely.

Good luck

peace
bubble man

G

Bubbleman,
Just so I'm straight on this, after the 25u there is nothing left in the water?? And for drying purposes, can I just fold the screen over the trichs and squeez with towel?? Thanks for your time.

Duffman

I was looking into making my own, I found some mesh that matches what bubbleman said to get. But you will notice that by the time you build your bags it will cost about the same or more than bubble bags. If your looking for mesh its at dick blick art supply. I'm just going to get mine from bubbleman. It was nice of him to post the sizes of the mesh so if anyone chooses to make their own they can.

DM

G-D

it is probably easier to just purchase the Bmans bags.
They high quality ,and tou will not have to waste your time hunting for fabrics and trying to sew those .
they will pay you back 100 times over.
just my 2 cents.:)

G

Yes,
I agree they may be just what I'm looking for. I'm interested in the 1 gallon set. I Usually have 40-60 grams of plant matter after each harvest. Is this adequate for the 1 gallon bags and how much will I probably produce?? I usually always get 4 grams of BHO for every 30 grams of trim.....

G-D

1gal is good for 2oz

1gal is good for 2oz

yes they what you need!
say the 1gal. is good for two oz of plant material!
you will be so happy with them.
fuck I use mine like 2 times a week.:cool:

sttb

bubblemans a good dude

bubblemans a good dude

that guy is trying to make bubble bags that bubbleman sales instead of bubbleman trying to sale him his product he tells him how to build some. what a good hearted dude you are bubbleman peace bro gotta lot of respect for ya sttb.

Flowerpotman

I think Duffman and G-D are right. I began to go down the "make your own bubblebags" road, but it is a lot of hassle searching out suppliers and so on.

In the end, I was in Gypsy's shop in the Dam and they had the 1 gallon bags in stock so I bought a set. They're not cheap, but they certainly do the job and that makes them worth the money in my book. I would rather spend my time making bubblehash than spend it making bubblebags!

kawshuz

what are the u.k. sizes of mesh i need to make my own bubblebag, is coffe filter paper good to use for the finel stages in filtering:eek:

Ive been holding some bags that I got ahold of for about 6 months now. I need to figure out a way to make them useable.

Here is a conversion chart for mesh to micron.
http://www.filterbag.com/usmesh.html

I have 7 different mesh sizes already made into bags, only problem is there is a seam running right thru the middle of the bag. I was gona try and use the mesh for some sort of hash extraction but my mind is giving me nothing to work with.

If I could start over I would just order some bubble bags. I diddnt pay anything for the bags I have but I still dont have any hash either...lol

kawshuz

cheers green lantern uv been a great help, shame i cant hlp wiv ur probleme, but give me time and i will learn..

The Dog

Kudos to you Bubbleman, It is so refreshing to see a business man that is not so obsessed with profit . That being a good human being is not possible. I will be buying the 1 gallon bubblebag set. Thanks for that.

Oilmeister

If you are doing very big batches, then it may serve you well to custom make yourself a set of industrial size bubble bags. You probably won't save any money but if you are a good craftsman you may end up with a better set up for large production.