Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Cannabis Infirmary > Hermaphrodites - Has anyone used Dutch Master Reverse

Thread Title Search    
Click for Great Deals on Cannabis Genetics!
 Hermaphrodites - Has anyone used Dutch Master Reverse Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
avanovich

avanovich is on a distinguished road
Hermaphrodites - Has anyone used Dutch Master Reverse

Hi,

Got some hermaphrodite Big Bud plants. They are clones of several generations. They were a bit stressed over Xmas when it was really cold, didn't have quite enough light or the best vegetation. Someone watered them for me while I was away.

Came back, cropped main chamber and moved them in thinking they looked a little tall and skinny. They now have all the light and space they need and their mothers and grandmothers all did well in there so the environment is as good as it can be - obviously its winter so temps are a bit down. I've looked at the photos and most of them deffo have male flowers, although some seem workse than others and the buds that are there are really sticky so there are obviously crystals.

I have heard of a product called Dutch Master Reverse and wondered whether anyone has used it and whether it works. My local grow shop doesn't have it so I would need to order it online. Also how long it takes to see results, especially for less experienced growers as I'm off again for another month and someone else will be caring for them. Do I just need to ditch the whole crop?

thanks in advance for any advice
avanovich jest offline   Quote

Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
avanovich

Just to continue, I should probly have mentioned that the plants are in soil and are about 4 weeks through their flowering cycle.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
latinomies

latinomies will become famous soon enough
If there is only a couple of male flowers, you can just pick them off and stop pollen from being spread about. I've never used it, but Dutch Masters stuff is usually pretty darn good and it seems that you spray it once and that's all for the males. Might be worth giving it a try!
latinomies jest offline   Quote

Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
etinarcadiaego
Even in Arcadia I exist

etinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant futureetinarcadiaego has a brilliant future
Interested in knowing if it works, I've read mixed reports, some saying yay others nay.

I'd love to hear if you success with it

Completed Grows :
Kushberry | Sour Grapes | Northern Berry | Querkle | Northern Lights | Purple Kush V2.0 | Jack Herer | Lemon Stinky | Northern Skunk | Skunk #1 | Chem D IBL |
OTIBG | C99 BX1 | Skunkberry | Sour D IBL SCROG | BOGBubble | AK-47 | Blueberry | Chem99 | Straw Diesel . . . and many more.
etinarcadiaego jest offline   Quote

Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
JWP
Banned

JWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to beholdJWP is a splendid one to behold
If a plant has intersex genes you cant change that.

Most females do have the genes even if not expressed.

Once expressed no "product" can change it back
JWP jest offline   Quote

Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
chroniclyfaded
OGFER

chroniclyfaded is a name known to allchroniclyfaded is a name known to allchroniclyfaded is a name known to allchroniclyfaded is a name known to allchroniclyfaded is a name known to allchroniclyfaded is a name known to all
shit i thought reversal was made to speed up the revert from flower back to veg state? wierd... i quess i was off..

I VOTED FOR RON PAUL= VIVA LA REVOLUTION
“Give me the control of the credit of a nation, and I care not who makes the laws.”-Nathan Rothschild-1777
CF's Flowers: The White, Dr. Funkenstein, DJS' bb indica mom grow[color="Red"]
Lastest Harvests:Jedi clone OG kush-abusive
My Albums
In Compliance With OMMP
**NEW**TRAP PLANTS & VIDEO CLASS****
chroniclyfaded jest offline   Quote

Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
PharmaCan

PharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to beholdPharmaCan is a splendid one to behold
You're supposed to use Reverse when you first switch to 12/12, but I've used it after seeing nanners a few weeks in and it worked. If you are ordering online, be sure to order DM's Penetrator; it's a companion product that should be used with the Reverse. Reverse is sprayed twice, the second time one week after the first.

Stuff works good!

PC
PharmaCan jest offline   Quote

Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 AM   #8
skunktoker

skunktoker has a spectacular aura aboutskunktoker has a spectacular aura aboutskunktoker has a spectacular aura about
Yes reverse does definitely work and spray 2 times just like the above pharmacan
stated and penetrator to penetrate the leaves better................ST
skunktoker jest offline   Quote

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
avanovich

you know I think they are too far gone. They seem too blokey all over! I don't want to risk them pollinating my mothers or the girls in the next door chamber.

If I was gonna be here to keep an eye on them I might give it a go but I'm going away next week for a month and its too much to ask someone else to do unless they are really experienced in dealing with hermies and males, which no one locally I know is.

Luckily I got some more babies that will be ready for planting up soon that I can replace them with.

thanks for the advice anyway. I never used a pot forum before but it seems like there is lots of useful stuff on here.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
VIKINGtrich

VIKINGtrich is a name known to allVIKINGtrich is a name known to allVIKINGtrich is a name known to allVIKINGtrich is a name known to allVIKINGtrich is a name known to allVIKINGtrich is a name known to all
I know this thread is old...BUt there is not alot of information from experience about Reverse...

Well a couple of weeks ago, my Timer failed...FUCK! Then a week after that i lost power for about 1 hour....Thats what started all of this...

Ive never had hermi's....Right now Im flowering clones from plants that i have flowered with no nanners showing up......BUT, since the timer and the power failure, a couple clones started shooting a few nanners, luckily, I spend a good amount of time in my 12/12 room, and I caugfht them really early....So I ordered some Dutch Master Reverse....They are 3 weeks in flower today, So by the directions, Im a little late, but I have read that it doesn't matter it will still work....And supposedly work fast, like 24-48 hours fast...

I just sprayed them about an hour or so ago...So I will report back as to my findings....I hope this works....They are beautiful girls..all the leaves are at a 45 degree angle up, just thriving....nice buds at 3 weeks in....just loving life.....Got 6 different strains/hybrids going, only 3 plants started throwing a few nanners..Hopefully Reverse will stop the nanners in their tracks...If not...Ill ditch the 3 plants, and throw some more cuts in the 12/12 room....

I'll be back in a day or so to give it a thumbs up or down......HOPEFULLY UP, way up!
VIKINGtrich jest offline   Quote

Old 12-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #11
crippled1
Transpiration manager

crippled1 will become famous soon enough
I used reverse as a preventative on some plants that were stressed in veg.
I didn't want to chance that they would hermie.
Unfortunately, I harvested, spent hours manicuring to find out the shit had gotten pollinated and I had some very, very tiny seeds that made smoking it taste like crap.
crippled1 jest offline   Quote

Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor has a spectacular aura aboutDirtDoctor has a spectacular aura about
Tried reverse with a strain that always shoots out a few bananas around week 8 (G13xHP).

It didn't help with a strain that was pre-disposed, but might be effective in a situation like the original poster's: herms due to light-leaks or timer failures

DirtDoctor jest offline   Quote

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
growshopfrank

growshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud ofgrowshopfrank has much to be proud of
My experience with reverse is that the flower bracts (seed pods) swelled like it was forming a seed but no seed was produced. I don't think reverse will stop a plant from herming but it stops seeds from forming kind of like a "morning after pill"
growshopfrank jest offline   Quote