What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY UNDER CURRENT CULTURE 5 GAL. BUCKETS

overbudjet

Veteran
Hi too all of you ICmagers

how to do under current culture 5 gals bucket systeme like this
picture.php

for less than 20 box each site

the parts list

1 - 5 gal black bucket 10 box most grow shop
1 - 6'inch net top 3 box
2 - 1 1/2 abs female adap .80 each so 1.60
2 - 1 1/2 screw cap abs .75 1.50
so 16 box each bucket leaving 4 box for return plumbing and valve
sorry don't have the pic for the bucket and net alone
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

tools needed drill tape hole saw 2
1 - 1 7/8 inch
1 - 1 3/8 inch

first take the end cap and the 1 3/8 hole saw and make a hole trhu it it will give you this
picture.php
picture.php

sand it smoutly like this
picture.php

add teflon tape and ruber oring
picture.php

finish 1 1/2 bulkhead fitting less the 1.50 box
picture.php

now the bucket
take the 1 7/8 hole saw and poke a hole centered at 1 3/4 from bottom of the bucket
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

for making paralel hole see the marque at the bottom
picture.php

insert the abs end cap in bucket
picture.php

screw female adap to it and voila you are done do the exact same thing 180 degre reverse
picture.php

link each buckets with 1 1/2 inch abs pipe as request by your space in my case 7 3/4 inch each

water return to pump simply insert a abs T between 2 buckets
picture.php

in my case 3 row of 5 bucket fit in 4 x8 space
picture.php

to the pump and to the rez
picture.php

Last edited:
Very nice setup! Could you please show what you're using for a res, and also how that ties into the pump please? I've got a bucket drip setup I'd like to convert to somthing like this so I can have a little more vertical growth space.

unoeye

hey man awesome post, I am gonna build this system from your plans those abs adapters seem like the way to go. I was gonna order uniseals but they damn pricey I thought. Gonna build 2x 12 site systems.

Is there any additional info you can give like some more tips or input to help me out that would be great man.

Thanks

Thanks for a speedy responce overbudget! In the pics I see the black abs line coming in, but I don't see where a line goes back to the pump? So I don't mean to be a bother just trying to get my mind around how your system functions. Is there somthing I'm missing?

Vegan

very nice work,, im wondering if ya add 12 buks more per bucket you could prolly score some home depot 18-20 platic tubs,, and go that way,,nice work on those seals,,

overbudjet

Veteran
Thanks for a speedy responce overbudget! In the pics I see the black abs line coming in, but I don't see where a line goes back to the pump? So I don't mean to be a bother just trying to get my mind around how your system functions. Is there somthing I'm missing?
the black abs go to the rez
the pump will suck water thruth pvc line and dump it into rez and the rez fill the bucket back by the abs pipe this is why it is called
UNDER CURRENT
:smokey:
peace to all

overbudjet

Veteran
hey man awesome post, I am gonna build this system from your plans those abs adapters seem like the way to go. I was gonna order uniseals but they damn pricey I thought. Gonna build 2x 12 site systems.

Is there any additional info you can give like some more tips or input to help me out that would be great man.

Thanks
If i can do something to help you ,i will anwser any question

Hey there:
Glad your DIY is up. Lurking around Kelly.'s DIY and getting excited to see yours in operation. Building an aero/fencepost style system, Kelly. tub style under current, and one more? I have around 15 5-gals buckets laying around as i wanted to do a PK style rdwc. I think i may be falling for this instead. Do you plan to show it in action via journal/diary??
Thanks for your time. Thanks for sharing.

unoeye

I got a question for anyone that does this sort of setup. I am building pretty much the same thing right now. What is gonna stop the massive roots from clogging and entering the pvc pipes?

overbudjet

Veteran
i am thinking no but it was just my 2 cents
picture.php

look down on bottom of the bucket you will see screen on the right side
:smokey:
peace to mall

Latest posts

Latest posts