What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MrSoul's soiless mix & MrSoul's guano tea (recipe)

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
MrSoul's soiless mix to be used with MrSoul's guano tea.
-----------------------------------
Soul's Mix

50% Pro-mix
25% perlite
25% wormcastings

mix in a cup of dolomite lime per cubic foot of soil & wet the mix with an organic tea made from dissolving a cup of PSG in a 5-gallon bucket of water.

Soul's Guano Tea

-veg mix

1part Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1part High N Bat Guano
1part Earth Worm Castings(EWC)

@ 1cup mix/5G H2O every 3rd watering.

-flowering nute mix:

1part PSG
1part EWC
1part High P Guano

@ 2cups/5G H2O EVERY watering.

-and yseedlings<1 month old nute mix

1cup EWC/5G H2O every 3rd watering

Soul uses a "Tea Bag" and lets it sit in 5 gallons of water overnight.
A sock, knee high panty hose or bandana can be used as a tea bag.
The tea should look like a mud puddle.
Agitate the bag in the water vigorously.

:cool:

Last edited:

dubmantx

good deal sounds pretty cheap. I got most of that stuff already and the rest is easily obtained. Im more conserned with the soilless mix cause id probably be lazy and use some organic hydro nutes. If I were using those teas Id try to add some kelp meal or seaweed extract junk. Might try a couple pots of the soilless mix. Well maybe more than a couple considering pro-mix comes by the bail.
Thanks for the post I.M. Boggled!

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Sea kelp would be a good idea...

Sea kelp would be a good idea...

except during late stage flowering...
Sea kelp extract is a source of potassium (K) and is also a natural chelating agent as is Molasses is also an excellent source of K, I use them both when using guanos...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Guano Guide by 3LB
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=37134&highlight=3lb
"Most bat and seabird guanos are fairly close to being complete fertilizers, with the main exception being that they are usually short in Potassium.
Molasses as it turns out is a great source of that necessary Potassium.
...molasses also acts as a chelating agent and will help to make micro nutrients in the Guano more easily available for our favorite herbs.

A good example of a guano tea recipe...is really as simple as the following:

1 Gallon of water

1 TBSP of guano (for a flowering mix we’d use Jamaican or Indonesian Bat Guano - for a more general use fertilizer we would choose Peruvian Seabird Guano.)

1 tsp blackstrap or sugar beet molasses

Caution: Excess application of high Nitrogen guano may burn your plants.

We mix the ingredients directly into the water and allow the tea mix to brew for 24 hours. It’s best to use an aquarium pump to aerate the tea, but an occasional shaking can suffice if necessary and still produce a quality tea. We will give you one hint from hard personal experience, make sure if you use the shake method that you hold the lid on securely, nobody appreciate having a critter crap milkshake spread over the room.

Bat Guano Thread here...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=15272

Last edited:

dubmantx

very good info. Is the blackstrap/sugarbeet molasas available at the grocerystore. Id guess it be by the syrup or sugar or something. Sounds a lot easier to find than the kelp.
Critter crap milkshake :biglaugh:

G

I.M. Boggled said:
MrSoul's soiless mix to be used with MrSoul's guano tea.
-----------------------------------
Soul's Mix

50% Pro-mix
25% perlite
25% wormcastings

mix in a cup of dolomite lime per cubic foot of soil & wet the mix with an organic tea made from dissolving a cup of PSG in a 5-gallon bucket of water.

Soul's Guano Tea

-veg mix

1part Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1part High N Bat Guano
1part Earth Worm Castings(EWC)

@ 1cup mix/5G H2O every 3rd watering.

-flowering nute mix:

1part PSG
1part EWC
1part High P Guano

@ 2cups/5G H2O EVERY watering.

-and yseedlings<1 month old nute mix

1cup EWC/5G H2O every 3rd watering

Soul uses a "Tea Bag" and lets it sit in 5 gallons of water overnight.
A sock, knee high panty hose or bandana can be used as a tea bag.
The tea should look like a mud puddle.
Agitate the bag in the water vigorously.

How much does 1 part mean? 1 tbsp. , 1 cup, ?

I have a 5 gallon bucket I'd like to use in a couple of months to brew some tea, but I have no idea how much of each guano to use.

Also, I assume you use 1 cup of tea to 5 gallons of plain water?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Old ass thread wanted to answer question in case anyone else searches for this.

Old ass thread wanted to answer question in case anyone else searches for this.

first this thread is way fucking old, but the question at the end went unanswered and i thought it should be answered as i found this searching for guano tea recipes so someone else probably will.

So don't tell me how old this thread is

the 1 part is a ration 1:1:1 so the ratio is even 1/3 a cup X, 1/3 cup Y and 1/3 cup Z placed in a tea bag in 5 gallons of water over night or longer to let the microbes digest nutrients.

If it was a 1:2 ratio it would be 1/3 cup X and 2/3 cup Y

I hope this helps someone some day