What's new

CHP Ordered to Return 60 Pounds of Marijuana!

Skip

Veteran
Yes, folks, there is a Santa Claus! The California Highway Patrol was ordered to return 60 pounds of marijuana confiscated from a driver on US Hwy 101.

Saguro Doven, 33, was charged with possession of 60 pounds of marijuana for sale and transportation of the drug. However when the case went to court the judge disqualified the CHP's expert witness because he did not know the law when it came to transporting quantities of marijuana for a collective, to which Mr. Doven belonged.

The judge ruled that any member of a medical marijuana collective has the right to transport cannabis for the other members. He then ordered the confiscated marijuana to be returned to the collective.

Is this not great?!!! Only in California could this happen? I know the Governator has ordered the CHP to layoff those who have a right to transport cannabis. But this is the biggest amount I've seen returned so far.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pot-return9-2010jan09,0,5333771.story?track=rss

full time daddy
Veteran
if you running the 5 or the 101.... watch your ass.... :D they have new tech {i belive it's called 'epic2' main base is out of el paso and there on it} they can see who's carrying and what they have..... on 5 in the nor-cal area they have a dark blue tahoe & a white mini van then a grayish burben they look like under cover's parked on the side of the road wait for you to go by pull your ass over there allways with a CHP or local PD they rip your car apart and leave your ass on the raod if you have nothing...... they dont get speeder's illegal lane changers just drug runners... BECARFUL it's real....

honest judge is right.... fuck n a

Skip

Veteran
if you running the 5 or the 101.... watch your ass.... :D they have new tech {i belive it's called 'epic2' main base is out of el paso and there on it} they can see who's carrying and what they have..... on 5 in the nor-cal area they have a dark blue tahoe & a white mini van then a grayish burben they look like under cover's parked on the side of the road wait for you to go by pull your ass over there allways with a CHP or local PD they rip your car apart and leave your ass on the raod if you have nothing...... they dont get speeder's illegal lane changers just drug runners... BECARFUL it's real....
Well maybe this decision will reverberate with the CHP. After all it's a LOT of work for them to pull apart a car and arrest people and do the paper work, only to have it all thrown out and the "evidence" returned like nothing happened. And despite the hopes of the police, they won't have any pot for themselves or to sell. Unless they join a collective, that is!

I'm sure after a few more of these, they'll wise up to the waste of time and resources to go after marijuana transporters. If it wasn't for people doing it there would be a huge shortage of quality marijuana in Southern California. Then the Mexican Cartels would take over the entire region flogging their schwag everywhere. Quality and patient health would suffer. Is that what the CHP & Calif. gov't want for their citizens? Mexican cartels taking over the medical marijuana biz?

Don't want the CHP wasting time and public resources stopping marijuana transport on highways? Then LEGALIZE IT!

Open Eyes

This makes me wonder if they even bothered to look at the paperwork of the driver. I am sure he had his paperwork with him and they just decided to let the courts sort this out. Easy for the cops to charge somebody when they make shit up. Having it stick in court is another matter one that the cops do not have to deal with.

I would like to have seen the pigs faces although i suspect they already knew what was going to happen the minute they took the stuff. I think they knew about the paperwork and did it out of spite. Disgusting pigs they are. Go and wallow in your shit where you belong.

Euphrates

I would like to see them return the herb, parcel by parcel, in uniform, while on their knee's out in public, giving a sincere apology for stealing and wasting time and money, made to feel humility and shame, as all the sick med patients look onward…. Crowds begin to cheer.

Q

quest

This is going to be CLASSIC. You know how cops always inflate weights and/or quality of weed they confiscate. Now they have to cough up the 60 pounds of "Extremely High Grade Marijuana" that they supposedly confiscated.

"Your honor, the CHP only returned 35 lbs of garbage to my client."

"We want the 60 lbs X $8,000 an lb your expert testified to"

"You can have this crap back, come up with our medicine or the $480,000"

C

Classyathome

I love that their "expert" testified incorrectly, under oath...

Gonna make him a tough sell next time, when they impune his testimony - given his now blemished track record.

If their "expert" doesn't know wtf he is saying - why should anyone believe anything leo says...

nomaad

Veteran
quest: i'm with you...cannot wait to see that scenario play out somehow in one of these cases... hope it happens. it will carry weight. pun intended.

Surrender

And how many man-years of hard time have been handed out on the word of said "expert witness"? If my client had been convicted on his testimony I would be filing some appeals asap.