What's new

Organic SFV OGKush

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello all. :wave:

This is the lemon lollipop-flavored SFV OGKush clone, grown organically. The soil's base was Pro-Mix in this case, worm castings were added, some large curd perlite, dolomite lime, and inoculated with mycorrhizae.

For food, all I add is bat and seabird guano, dry, as a top dressing. In this way all I ever have to do is add water, and that's all. The benefit of this method is the ability to reduce the available food source to the plant before harvest, meaning the soil becomes lean from lack of decomposing organic matter, therefore reducing the amount of available minerals and salts at harvest time, when you don't want the plant having access to these elements. The fewer available minerals and salts in the medium at harvest time, the better the smoke will be. After tending to thousands of plants on an individual, intimate basis, I've come to know this as a fact. Salts and minerals in dry bud = fire retardants = not ideal.

The GREAT majority of herb, even what's called "killer weed", is not harvested under ideal circumstances, IMO.

Case in point... even truly organic weed, grown outdoors with ZERO fertilizer amendments whatsoever, can be harsher than is needed. Some of the best and the WORST pot I've ever smoked was grown outdoors, without amendments. The best was grown between two pine groves, in a very sandy, poor soil. ZERO food was given. Some of the worst weed was also grown outdoors, with ZERO food added, in very rich soil on the edge of a swamp. The pot grew HUGE, but tasted like crap. Why did the poor soil plant turn out so great, while the plant by the swamp, with so much available, organic material taste so bad? TOO MUCH SALT AND MINERAL AVAILABLE IN THE SOIL AT THE TIME OF HARVEST.

This has been demonstrated over and over to me as I tended these thousands of plants over the years. Every time there was too much available salt and mineral in the medium (organic or not), the smoke turned out less than perfect. The more salt and mineral, the worse the smoke is.

So what you see here is an SFV OGKush grown in a very lean organic soil, lean enough to be almost completely depleted of available salts and minerals by harvest, yielding plants with very little salt/mineral content. You can see by the even yellowing in the leaves, that this process of slat/mineral depletion is well under way. These plants are in their final stage, what some call the "Flush" period. In the case of this particular style of growing, the flush simply means I withhold the guanos long enough so that the microherd (fungi, bacteria, etc) eats its way through the last dose of guanos, and finds itself without a substantial source of organic matter to break into salts and minerals... therefore creating a "starvation effect".

Clean, tasty, organic herb.

or⋅gan⋅ic
  /ɔrˈgænɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [awr-gan-ik] Show IPA

–adjective
1. noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon.
2. characteristic of, pertaining to, or derived from living organisms: organic remains found in rocks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Joe Organic

4 a : forming an integral element of a whole : fundamental <incidental music rather than organic parts of the action — Francis Fergusson> b : having systematic coordination of parts : organized <an organic whole> c : having the characteristics of an organism : developing in the manner of a living plant or animal <society is organic>

http://www.soilfoodweb.com/sfi_approach1.html

D

danny karey

Look'n beautiful as always CC!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Danny

WOW CC thats amazing work there. looks like you have that full organic set up pretty fine tuned as far as results. that bud must taste like heaven

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Yes CC WOW if u are in spain, blow some of the smoke by the window please since im not too far...jokes aside, this is a master work here, full of insparation bro! BIG RESPECT.

im waiting on some SFV beans, I grow 100% organic too, I wish i reach half of ur level at least lol.... :witch:

peace

J

JackTheGrower

Hello all the new people.. Welcome.

Nice photos what camera?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lemon lollipop? damn how many different ogk's is there now days lol. i remember when there was one and only one OGK.

nice pretty buds though.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey! Funny you should ask... I just so happened to take a picture of the soil tonight, with the other pics. :)

This is about half a dime's worth at the base of a ChemStar seedling. Just watered.
picture.php

J

JackTheGrower

Yeah that's different.. Liquid waxy and the focus is different than what I can do.. I have a Sony 5mp Cybershot nice first Digi..
So is that D90 one with a detachable lenses ?

If so what is the one you are using?

J

JackTheGrower

lemon lollipop? damn how many different ogk's is there now days lol. i remember when there was one and only one OGK.

nice pretty buds though.

OG? I read lemon.. I am yet to experience that.. Is this one a lemon smoke flavor or just bud scent CC?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bud scent. Sort of a hashy, lemon lollipop scent. The kind of lollipops they hand out to kids at banks. But one guy can smell raspberry, another creme, another raspberry creme, another lemon creme, etc. Most people around here tend to describe this cut as lemon candy with a pot smell.

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Jack, detachable lens. I used two different lenses for these shots. There are more shots waiting on my desktop that I'll post some time soon. The lens for the far shots was an 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens. The close-ups are taken with an AF Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D.

B

BioMechanical

CC,

How do you know how much guano to top dress? Is this a one time thing or do you have to add guano throughout the grow? And if so, how long before harvest would you do your last dressing.

Latest posts

Latest posts