What's new

SFV OGKush x Chemdawg D Finished

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, close to finish...

Mostly Chem D dominant, with a few SFV phenos fighting their way to the surface... here's the SFV x Chem D, bred by Reservoir Seeds. I don't think it's necessary to tell you that it was potent. :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
HOLY BUD SITES!!!! Looks killer CC. Loving the bud structure. How is the smell on her? Lemony diesel fuel?

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

very nice...i chop mine down on sunday @ 70 days....how long did you take yours?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ Don't know exactly... but I usually harvest at around 60-70 days for most strains... I don't count days, they just get chopped whenever it's time. :) Saw your grow just now... very nice. :)

E

easyrasta

very nice
gona have to give to rez for the cross
your growing skills also deserves props
peace
Ez

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Great work as usual CC. That cross has some magical pheno's in it. I had one that was just as good as both of it's parents. Looks like you may have found that one.

looks tasty. nice job cc. looks like a keeper for sure. hows the yeild compared to chemd or sfv?
props to Rez on the cross. the proof is in the pudding.

faded.

NICE!!!!!!

Ive also been working on some chem d crosses bout to pop sum SR71 PK x Chem D

Hopefully my crosses come out just as good or better, i would also like to use your expert growing to test some beans!

Purple Kush x Chem D now dont that sound nice!!!!

O and soon to pollinate sum Raskal OG with some Chem D ill let u folks know!!!!

CC: quick question: what do you think bout most of these elite x elite crosses, do they get the best of both or is the original usually better,

THANKS>>>>>>

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow cc, chem d dom is right! been holding some of these beans for awhile..nicest pics of this strain ive seen yet...im sure the nicest grow of it also...will def be lookin for some daddies! thanks for the thread....sub

J

JeffSpicoli

damn very very nice!
Chem D x SFV is definitely next on my seed sprouting list

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you killed it CC!
you gonna break out that new lens and take some macros for us?
or do we have to beg?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks tasty. nice job cc. looks like a keeper for sure. hows the yeild compared to chemd or sfv?
props to Rez on the cross. the proof is in the pudding.

faded.

The yield was right where it should be on these... just about what I get from both mothers... between 4-5 ounces per plant in 3 gallons of soil.

shaunmulok, nope, these are the only pics I took.

Budz4Freedom, Elite clones are sometimes hype, sometimes true royalty, sometimes something in between. The SFV OGKush is, IMO, a true elite cone for it's taste, potent high, and yild. I know people complain about the yield of the SFV, but I am not lying when I tell you that it yields just as well as the other big yielding elites. I regularly get 5 ounces from my SFV OGKushes in 3 gallons of soil.

So, as for your question about mixing the elites in seed form... it depends on whether the elite is elite for the right reasons, or it's an elite because of hype. SFV and Chem D are hyped, but they deserve the hype. The recombining should be handled by someone with a good understanding of how to recombine genetics effectively. Say what you like about Rez, the fact is... he knows his way around the breeding room. From time to time he tells me about a cross he's planning to do that I KNOW will be a super cross with tons of potential. I found the FFA clone by hearing of his cross of Massachusetts Super Skunk with an OG Kush... I requested these seeds, specifically. I realized it was a similar combination that produced the original Sour Diesel clone, so I was excited to see what could happen. What DID happen was... I found a plant very similar to the original Sour Diesel in shape and growth structure... But a totally different smell and taste profile... FFA.

I can pretty well guarantee you all... the best pot plant in the modern era was grown by one of the countless growers who never knew what they had, and never kept a clone. So what we call "elites" are usually great pot plants grown by good, to great growers who knew enough to keep a clone and share it.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cocktail frank. ha! I wish. I took these photos before I had the new lens. These plants are the subject of my new High Times article, too... so look for a complete write-up in HT... if that's your sort of thing.