What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grab your sunglasses! 6K Inside!

So after much research I have decided to make the big switch to Vertical thanks in advance to Krunchbubble, Labtec and a few others that have inspired me to make the change. Without further ado:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Everything is grown in Root's Organics soil with Bio Bizz Nutrients. These pics are kinda old but ill update soon hope you like!

M

mrred

i think you may have overdone it on the lights, its pretty standard to have a 4 foot spacing between 1000w hps bulbs

i think you may have overdone it on the lights, its pretty standard to have a 4 foot spacing between 1000w hps bulbs

Well i have never seen plants veg as fast as they do in there so.... and there is four feet between each stack of 3k.

yea.

labtec

Your welcome COhomegrown. Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

How much does this strain stretch after you flip them? With those triple stacks of 1000s, and with what looks like the perfect distance to the bulb, this grow is going to be what tonto said "epic". You're going to rock this one out. Are you going to put a shelf in the middle?

solarz

Hey could you elaborate on the, what i'm assuming is an a/c box, in pic #4? What is that exactly? Thanks in advance.

solarz

*mistress*

Veteran
all of those separate basins will get old, quickly...

pond liner & 2x4's for a diy basin... both on shelves & floor... though floor could use cheapo kiddie pool...

also, that is lot of plants for just those lights... when mature, maintenace may be issue...
may be :yes: to make+keep pathway + stake + train.

enjoy your garden!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged,lookin good man.hope you dont mind if i pull up a seat.
peace-T-

all of those separate basins will get old, quickly...

pond liner & 2x4's for a diy basin... both on shelves & floor... though floor could use cheapo kiddie pool...

also, that is lot of plants for just those lights... when mature, maintenace may be issue...
may be :yes: to make+keep pathway + stake + train.

enjoy your garden!

Yea definitely we were thinking about doing something like that with the pond liners the nursery trays are more of a temporary thing. There are also quite a few more plants in there than we will actually flower we plan on building a second room exactly like this and we are using this one as veg until then.

I try to supercrop all my plants out like hedges instead of bushes so they eventually take up 2-3 spaces in the room(1 space=1 pot), to keep my numbers a little lower. After plants are sufficiently supercropped we will hang trellis nets from the ceiling instead of staking, similar to what Krunchbubble has done in his 6k. Things look quite a bit different i just haven't had a chance to take pics recently so you will understand a little more in a few days of how it's all going to work.

Labtec- Im not sure how many strains we will actually flower in that particular room currently there are about 7-8 a few will go to another property and the rest split between the two vert rooms. The majority of the clones in the first room will be: Sadhu from Mandala Seed Company, Banana Kush a Colorado cut, and G13 X Sweethaze from DNA Genetics. Second room is to be determined depending on testing results from friends.

I am only doing one shelf due to plant count i would love to do a vert SOG but I have to stay legal, so for now plants on the floor and one shelf.

Solarz- I am a wee bit drunk and possibly very well medicated so im going to have to stop for tonight but ill post up some pics on said A/C box soon.

Anyhow thanks to everyone else for the nice comments ill update soon!

First off let me just say, fuckin nice man. Its obvious that you have put alot of time into your setup. As someone else who is also interested in maximizing yields with more production scale setups i think your room is sweet.

My buddy and i are goint to run 2k on a flip flop circuit. Were basically gonna run 2 1k ballasts 24 hrs a day, and have them connected to a relay that switches the power to the two rooms every 12 hours.

My two suggestions are this

1. think about beefing up that shelving a bit when those pots get fully watered and fully budded, there is going to be alot of stress on those brackets.

2. Think about stepping it up to 3 1/2 or 5 gal buckets. Drainage will be an issue but you have to be able to water quickly and effectively when you grow for production.

take a look at this thread http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2925425#post2925425

you can see how he used these buckets to lighten the shit out of our soil with perlite so we can feed them every 2 days. Since the soil is super light we feed at a super light EC of 1.4 very often (every 2 days). With 18 plants that comes out to 30 gallons of water every feeding. IF you are watering properly and getting a decent amount of runoff, with 30 gallons you see why i had to push him to find a way to controll the drainage in the garden. I get over 13 gals of runoff every feeding. we were spending way to much time mixing feeding and slowly getting rid of run off. With these buckets 1 man can feed 30 gallons of water in 30 mins,2 men can do it in 15. EVERY TWO DAYS!

I applaud you on your grow. BUT... when you get through this grow take a minute to reflect on the actual effort you put into watering.

If you are watering properly to enough runoff, then you have to be spending 75+ mins per feeding/mixing/watering.

OR...

You are being lazy (like i used to be) and you are not watering the proper amount of water, and you are not doing full flushes every 2 weeks. Its so easy when you are building a huge production setup to forget about the pratical issues that you will have to deal with when maintaining your op. Alot of the advice given out on these forums are geared toward the closet/tent grower. Or even the bedroom grower.

But alot of these flat gardens arent dealing with the volume of use that we are dealing with. If you remember one of the reasons that we love vert is because it tripples the canopy of our flat space. Thats alot of extra foliage and area that has to be maintained.

keep in mind that this is not ebb and flow. It is only a double bucket system where the inner bucket has holes drilled, and the outer bucked catches and directs water into the tubing. (the thing we like is how easily this could be used the opposite way with hydroton as a DIY ebb & flow bucket system.

attachment.php

PRO's: AWESOME YIELDS/ CARE FREE MAINTNESS (with well thought out room construction)

CONS:Labor intensive and easy to slack on if designed poorly

Like i said earlier, your room is awesome. Im just trying to give you a heads up on some problems that you are definitly going to have. You will have to solve this prob sooner or later.

Like i said earlier, finish up the grow and then...
Think about only spending 30 mins TOTAL watering your garden... and then that can be it. No more of that bullshit.

Latest posts

Latest posts