What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You End Salt Buildup In Your Medium Forever!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
-Drip Clean From House And Garden-

i get pm's all the time asking why i dont flush my medium or how to use drip clean properly. so, i figured i would post info about it to get out to the masses.
drip clean creates an ionic bond with the salt molecule in your nutrient, making it impossible to build up in your medium. you use under a 1/2 mil per gallon and is very reasonably priced. simple to use, just add to your normal nutrient regimen. they suggest flushing with water the last few days to leech the medium completely. my last crop, i was watering with 1800 ppm's and had 0 ppm runoff after 2 water flushes.
this product is extremely valuable to new growers and pros alike. seeing the amount of people with big time lock out problems or nutrient deficiency, this product will alleviate most of that, if not all.
more people need to try this stuff, its cheap, non brainer, it plain works great! personally i will not grow without it.......:eggnog:

info from website.....
House & Garden Drip Clean is a 100% safe agent providing it is used in the right proportion. Drip Clean contains potassium and phosphors compounds, two very powerful and useful elements in the nutritional plan of the plant. These two compounds have had their chemical molecules changed to remove one of their structures. This makes the molecule into a kind of magnet, as molecules always try to complete themselves. Drip clean attracts dirt particles with every feeding, keeping the drip system clean. Drip Clean can also be used to keep your medium at an optimal EC-TDS level, saving you to flush as often as it will remove salt buildup. Drip clean never fails and is very effective against clogged dripper systems and piping.

R

Red Swan

That sounds really promising. Have to see the price locally here.

krunchbubble

Veteran
its been in the bay area for at least a year and a half that im aware of....

looking online, a liter is anywhere from $40-50. at a 1/2 mil per gallon, a liter will last ffffffooooooorreeeeeeeeeeeever........i got my first couple bottles at hydro stores as samples. even a sample size will last a long time.

ballplayer 2

Think I could use this to pre flush my soilless medium? I have been having serious problems with my sunshine mix coming out of the bag at an EC of 2.8, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I am considering switching over to perlite as a medium. Thanks for the input.

R

Red Swan

After years of struggling with cloning and cloners, I tried H&G root excellerator. Changed my life. Lost a very rare mother plant fighting mites( a gift from a friend). I had just trimmed it a few days before and thrown the cuts in the garbage. This plant is a challenge to root in good conditions. Those wilty cuts all rooted. H&G have some good products. Pricey, around 75 bucks, but at 1ml pergallon it will last years. I make a quart with a syringe, using .25 ml.

yes, it can be used in soil, hydro, coco, and probably anything else you could possibly grow in, and im fairly certain you can use it with any nute company. You guys will love this, straight from the humbolt wholesale website. Drip Clean is a 100% safe agent for your plants provided it is used in the correct proportion. Drip Clean contains potassium and phosphorus compounds, two very powerful and useful elements in the nutritional plan of the plant. These concern engineered compounds; one particle has been removed from their structure. The incomplete element thus works as a magnet. As molecules always seek a complete structure, Drip Clean attracts dirt particles with every nutrient feeding keeping the drip emitters or aeroponic misters squeaky clean. Drip Clean rarely fails and is a very effective agent against a clogged hydroponic system.

Application

Drip Clean can be added to the nutrient container during the entire life of the garden. Prepare your nutrient container as follows: First add the base nutrient to your water filled container. Adjust the EC- and pH-values of the nutrient container. Finally add Drip Clean at 0.4 ml per gallon to your feed water. Your nutrient mixture is ready to use.

Notice: Drip Clean is a preventive agent and should be added from the very first day of growth. Drip Clean will not work with a drip system that is already clogged.

your guess is as good as mine.

Are people using this with other nutrient lines? Ive got a bunch of Green Air Genesis products - got great results my first time out with them but hate flushing and runoff in general - plus it seems so wasteful. Thanks!

krunchbubble

Veteran
this can be used with any nutrient, i use it on several different nutrient lines with perfect results.

So I'm thinking through how I'm going to use it and wanted to clarify something - it bonds with the salt before the nutrient mix ever hits the soil right? Do you also use it on waterings where you arent feeding? Also, are there any possible downsides - does it affect the nutrient availablity? Obviously your not having problems but just asking. Thanks!

guest396

Hey, I posted a thread up... And a whole bunch of folks are asking where's H n G, now I haven't seen this in my area yet, but a lil search online and I find it's a dutch company... Is this a fairly new product stateside? Thanks for the tip by the way

san diego my friend owns a store there and is friends with the guy who created/name sake it and we had it in 2005 i believe. i currently work at a store now so at cost is going to be a good thing.....

btw (good job krunch) i hit you in pm.

don't give a fuck if your legal it's just a plant and shouldn't be governed by bs laws do your thing

ohgee

for personal smoke the best way to cancer free weed is never flush your plants, hammer them with nutes untill the last day, then water cure them for 7 days, u can check the ppm with a tds meter daily as u change out the water and watch the numbers go down untill theres virtually nill salts left behind..

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
After years of struggling with cloning and cloners, I tried H&G root excellerator. Changed my life. Lost a very rare mother plant fighting mites( a gift from a friend). I had just trimmed it a few days before and thrown the cuts in the garbage. This plant is a challenge to root in good conditions. Those wilty cuts all rooted. H&G have some good products. Pricey, around 75 bucks, but at 1ml pergallon it will last years. I make a quart with a syringe, using .25 ml.

hey red swan i run e z cloners usually use clone x till i see nubs then ill throw some root enzymes in i just bought the roots excel from h&G you just use that the whole time instead of the clone x?

soory fro the thread jack

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
hahaha i never have salt buildup issues. rinse wirth bleach between rounds....

your post sounds like an advertisement for some reason....