What's new

a Lone Wolf.... in the ATTIC with 4000 watts!

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Hey ICMAG, hows it going. Lone Wolf here.

UPDATE:: I DELETED MOST OF MY ALBUMS... IF YOU WANT SOME GOOD UP TO DATE PICS GO TO THE LAST PAGE! IM WORKING MY WAY AROUND TO FINDING THE TIME TO PUT UP PICTURES WHERE i TOOK THEM OUT

im not much of a talker, and if you guys are anything like me, you just blow through the threads and just look at the pictures, so what the hell, im just going to put up some pictures and then give you a little caption to read for viewing pleasure.

Lets start with the construction. Im doing this in about a 100sq feet of an attic - thats 10 x 10. I have about 5.5 feet at the peak of the room, and as you can see the walls dip (just a shacky little attic). Lets start with some insulation. Gotta insulate it well, as I dont need any snow melting on the roof and causing a scene... In the summertime im going to have to figure something else out to control the temps...

picture.php

ok, as you can see, the room was just insulated with some r-13, and some other styrofoam insulation on top of that and then lastly some poly film over that...

picture.php

picture.php

above is just a bunch of random shit that I had up in the attic. as you can see, i ran 10-3 wire from a double pole 30amp breaker in the basement, all the way up to the attic, and installed a 30amp dryer recepticle, then plugged in my pre-made timer box. It has 4-240v (powers up to 4-1kw ballasts) recepticles that run on 20 amps and 2-110v recepticles that run on 10 amps. The box is pretty goofy as it requires that you not only plug it into the 30amp dryer hookup, but you also plug it into a 110v outlet as well. The 110v recepticle that comes from the power box is what i have hooked up to a digital timer. This is just my bloom room. I have other veg and clone rooms elsewhere....

picture.php

got some makeshift walls up (that can easily be ripped down in case of an emergency - as with everything else. i used a bunch of stuff that i can rip down and throw in garbage bags within an hour if need be - no solid drywall walls - these pieces of wood you see here are just screwed in on the sides... a quick kick can knock them all down - gotta always plan for the worst to happen and have an exit strategy).... anyways, i have those plants stashed up here in this pic for some reason... ok fast forward..

picture.php

ok in this pic, the room looks finished, but really its not... i eventually move that scrubber and fan outside of the room... there is a vent up top there where the duct connects at a T... i have a 8inch vortex that moves MASS air.. my room stays at a cool 78 degrees lights on with our current 20-40f days....moving forward...

have the babies here growing up ... BOG's Sour_Bubble&LSD, Chrome's BC_KUSH- (which is - Sensis KUSH IBL x (98Bubba x Deep Chunk)... also in the maternity ward are some LUIXCHRONIC seeds that I made, some C99 from wallyduck, and some of Dr. Poisons_OGKushbx1 x ELEbx1/ChemDbx2....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ok they are about 2 weeks old in the above pic...

picture.php

id say about 3 weeks... i just have them under a single t-5 here. they are all labeled. Im not in a big hurry to flower them out, as i already have some others lined up... so for now, heres what is going to be flowered...

picture.php

everything looks weak here... but they went through alot of transporting... rest assured that they will soon look great...

picture.php

ok i have them all transplanted and ready to veg them for a couple weeks before i decide to flip...
picture.php

ok here ^ are pics of those plants that looked like shit in the other pictures... these ones here are about 1 week into flower I would say....
picture.php

these are the other two trays of plants... all in all i think i have about 45 plants in flower in i believe 7x7x9 square grow pots...

picture.php

i decided to put them in a scrog, but recently i took the scrog off as I am going to just spread the plants i have now amongst the 4k instead of adding more plants as i had planned on doing originally... in a couple weeks I am going to be adding some more plants to this veg room so that I can get myself on a monthly harvest situation... until then, these babies are going to be taken care of...

picture.php

ok its about 2 weeks flower in this picture. I am handwatering coco right now, using Dutchmaster gold line and some flairform silica. Will be adding some pureflowers later on in the show...

this ends the show for today... Ill be back soon with some more pictures to add to my little LOG here. until then, y'all b good.

p.s. im sure you guys are wondering about the strains I have going here.... they are all strains that I have collected over the years and will not say what they are yet for security reasons... they are all quick, danky, and heavy phenos that Ive collected... i plan on doing some serious pollen chucking in the future and donating all of the seeds to you guys... i specialize in hunting out fast flowering, heavy, danky strains... right now I have over 15 different strains.... ill talk more later...and ill start using my actual camera for some nicer shots... stay tuned, and be sure to subscribe to this thread...

LW

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Your pictures do the talking that's for certain, that's looking like a rain forest in there. Pullin up a chair.

:santa1:

spyvsspy

Nice room!!! Looking super clean, especially for being a quick-teardown design. Quality genetics too. Definitely gonna follow this one............ Keep up the good work lonewolf!
-spy

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Nice room!!! Looking super clean, especially for being a quick-teardown design. Quality genetics too. Definitely gonna follow this one............ Keep up the good work lonewolf!
-spy

thanks for the kind words- quick teardown designs are vital in my situation, ive grown long enough to know that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME, so be PREPAIRED! Only the strong survive.... its a pleasure to have you along for the ride, AND YOU BEST BELIEVE that ill be keepin up the good work..

peace

Lone Wolf

Veteran
check out the sour bubble root ball compared to my c99 that were germed at same time

check out the sour bubble root ball compared to my c99 that were germed at same time

picture.php

picture.php

YOWZERS...

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Those roots are crazy! :bow:

I'm going to try hand watering coco for the first time, I'm in the first stages of setting up my medical grow. How often do you water and do you feed every watering?

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Those roots are crazy! :bow:

I'm going to try hand watering coco for the first time, I'm in the first stages of setting up my medical grow. How often do you water and do you feed every watering?

when i first set up my room, it was way too hot as i wasnt pulling the hot air out of the room. I eventually fixed the problem by moving my scrubber outside of the room. This heat caused the water in the pots to evaporate, leaving alot of the salts from the nutrients to stick around. So when that was happening, i was using nutrients 2x a week and just ph'd water 1x a week to "flush" out the excess salts. I provided them liquids every other day... never let your coco dry out... the roots don't like it.. i would set up an irrigation system if i wasnt in the attic and if i wasnt so paranoid that it would take forever to dismantle if need ever be...

Wone Lolf......i too am an attic grower......my head room is not nearly as tall as yours, but still, sore backs and bumped heads !!!!!

i too don't allow any system that are automated or re-circulating......fear of flood, and my room is right above my wifes closest....so if i ruined her clothes and/or shoes, i'd be fuckin dead man :)

certainly gonna watch this thread transpire.......i have temp issues in the summer to, due to location and the State i live

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Awesome attic space you got there Lone Wolf. Lovely SOG you got going as well. Best of luck w/ the new space and may all those beautiful ladies produce a killer harvest for ya!

DrPoison :laughing:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Awesome attic space you got there Lone Wolf. Lovely SOG you got going as well. Best of luck w/ the new space and may all those beautiful ladies produce a killer harvest for ya!

DrPoison :laughing:

oh hey doc, nice of you to stop by... here are some shots of some of your beans... i hope they turn out well...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

those were from a couple weeks ago... ill get you some more shots soon...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Looks really nice. Are your other rooms taller? Maybe the attic is better for veg and taller rooms for bloom? I am a little biased because I like larger plants and smaller numbers. But I'm sure we could figure it out over a bowl or two.

Peace, :joint:

D

Deaner

Nice show Lone Wolf! Do you have this room "stealthy" at all? As far as entrances go?

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Hydrosun - the other rooms i have are smaller... i have a shed outside in my garage where im vegging the other plants. the shed is about 8 feet long, by 3 feet wide, by 5 feet tall... in there i have a t5. Believe me man, if I had ANYWHERE else to grow, I would... having to run electricity to the attic was something I just didn't want to do. I have grown in many different environments, from whole rooms, to basements, to closets, to rubbermaid sheds, to aluminum sheds... currently I have no other option but to grow in the attic- this means, many small plants, and much training to keep the plants from hitting the lights... i consider myself a professional though, so I can handle it...

Deaner- Thanks.. the attic in this house is super stealthy. There is a closet in one of the bedrooms that has a piece of wood that you have to pop out and climb up to get to the attic/crawlspace... nobody even knows that I have an attic. I tried insulating it well enough so that heat will be trapped and won't melt snow on the roof - luckily for me, it snowed the other day and the snow stayed on the part of the roof where the grow is... no melting snow is KEY and makes me happy as it was a huge concern for me.

stickyickyicky- THANK you, see you around!