Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

Thread Title Search
VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

Hi all, ive just bought one of the small 63 Watt LED lights from Hydro-Grow-LED who has a forum here on ICmag. Been looking for an excuse to do a micro-grow but didnt want to up my power usage too much - so this could be exactly what i am looking for. First off i will do a test grow to put the light through it's paces.

Some of you may have seen my 'quarters' over in the grow diary forums where i do quite well with modular scrog and a 250 watt hid light.

Right - here is the light in question first impressions are - its bright! - looking at it will leave the LED pattern burnt onto the back of your retina for quite a while (dont try that at home kids )

here is the ouside of the cab - as you can see i still need to make it lightproof. it is squeezed in between my 250 cab and my mum cupboard on the right. the whole setup is in my loft. before you consider the quality of my joinery please bear in mind that most of this was made lying on my back at arm's length. the loft is triangular and only 5' high at he apex.

cab with door open - inside dimensions are 1' wide by 20" deep and about 2' of usable height

here is the top of the cab - you can see the exhaust vent at the back. the venting is basically plumbed into my existing system that is powered by a 4" variable speed temp controlled fan which pulls air through all the cabs.

and the lower half of the cab. the air comes in under the floor and up through the vent holes as seen. the two clones you can see are my Dr atomic NL cut which is a proven decent yielder EDIT: in the end a pre-vegged MMG plant was put in the cab to flower on 15 december. i will probably end up doing a scrog or a 2 unit modular scrog in there.
i still need to put some reflective mylar inside the cab and a couple of other bits and pieces but you get the idea.

cheers

V.

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)
Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic mod. ScrOG-236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 12-17-2009 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: clarity
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:20 PM #2
Bobby Stainless
"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"

Bobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant futureBobby Stainless has a brilliant future
FIRST!

I am skeptical about LEDs.

Make me a believer VG.
In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.
Bobby Stainless is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM #3
Blimey
Take A Deep Breath

Blimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really niceBlimey is just really nice
Blimey has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Damn! You gotta be quick to get a good seat in here lol

Edit:

So that little box of fairy lights is about 9" wide by 18" long? And dangling about 18" above the pots?
""...My deluded friend" he said, "...Everybody in this business knows that all the drug money from the narco- trafficantes finds its way to the City of London. Look at the HSBC bank, how they moved all those millions of dollars for the cartels in my country. Why your country did not prosecute them is clear to us, Great Britain does not care where the money comes from, as long as it comes to Great Britain, and no British Bank will be punished for bringing in the drug money. You people did it to China in the 19th century, and now you do it with the rest of the world. .."

"What is clear to this overworked law enforcement agent from a country which is truly suffering from the corrupting effects of Cartel Heroin is that the UK has absolutely no agenda to promote or support any agenda for legalisation, because it would mean a strangling of the supply of illegally-generated drug profits, but then, the UK is not alone in having no intention of lifting the yoke of prohibition!"

Last edited by Blimey; 12-08-2009 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Added q
Blimey is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM #4
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
hiya Bobby! - i know wha you mean, but these new units had a couple of 'advancements' that sounded promising to me - the specific light wavelengths and the different lens that keeps the intensity of the light sounded like a good plan to me
we will see...

V.

p.s. - Blimey! - nice to have you here mate

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM #5
grow1620
Enhancement Smoker

grow1620 will become famous soon enoughgrow1620 will become famous soon enough
wow this looks awesome, just what I've wanted to see..

how is the heat from that panel? what wattage could you compare it to..like is it about as hot as a 42w cfl or something that small?

oh and what angle are those lights?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM #6
Irie_Lion
Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!

Irie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to all
Whats up VG, thats cool u bought one of them lights I'm really looking forward to your grow with it. I think u will convince alot of ppl to get them if u rock them plants out like your 250 setup! Good vibez your way

Irie_Lion is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM #7
VerdantGreen
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grow1620 View Post
wow this looks awesome, just what I've wanted to see..

how is the heat from that panel? what wattage could you compare it to..like is it about as hot as a 42w cfl or something that small?

oh and what angle are those lights?
hi, i'll let you know about the heat but i doubt it gives out much.
it's supposed to compare to 200 watts of hid lighting, but the footprints of these LED lights is smaller than the equivalent hid footprint. somehow i will have to fit more bud in a smaller area.

the angle is the standard 60 degrees.

incidentally the lights can be ordered with a UK plug and this one arrived 2 weeks after payment which was pretty impressive for saying it was manufactured and sent from china in that time

V.

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 PM #8
unthing

Nice

I was hoping somebody would do setup like this.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:06 PM #9
VerdantGreen
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie_Lion View Post
Whats up VG, thats cool u bought one of them lights I'm really looking forward to your grow with it. I think u will convince alot of ppl to get them if u rock them plants out like your 250 setup! Good vibez your way
thanks mate - yes the light will have to be good to get similar yields per watt to my 250 cab - i do have a target yield but i wont mention it because i will look like a fool if i dont get it

V

unthing - glad to be of service

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 12-08-2009, 03:25 PM #10
daddy fingaz
Land racer not a gene defacer!

daddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura about
cool stuff V, will be keeping and eye on this!

How much did your Led board set u back if u dont mind me askin!?

LGA

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth.
daddy fingaz is offline Quote