Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > The Swedish Chef in Shark infested waters (Great White Shark - Double DR-60's)

Thread Title Search
The Swedish Chef in Shark infested waters (Great White Shark - Double DR-60's) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 AM #1
BorkBorkBork
Bork bork bork, plucky der chicken, bork bork!

BorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura about
The Swedish Chef in Shark infested waters (Great White Shark - Double DR-60's)

/cue Jaws theme

This is my second grow (1st grow here), and I'm attempting to go perpetual.

A quick rundown on equipment:
  • 2 x Secret Jardin DR-60 (24in x 24in)
  • 2 x Sunblaze 24 T5 4-bulb
  • 2 x Botanicare (I think...) 22x22 tray
  • Galaxy 250w Digital Ballast
  • MH & HPS
  • Ecoplus 6in fan
  • Phresh 6x20 filter
  • Homemade bubble cloner
  • Various and sundry

Grow media and genetics:
  • LC's mix (Promix HP) w/ dry fert recipe (see Organics For Beginners)
  • 3 gallon grow bags
  • Green House Seeds Great White Shark (feminized)

What might lurk behind these doors?

The Shark Tank

The Nursery

Found a wire rack that kinda works, but not really. Still would like a better solution, but this will do for now

The Bubba Trubba

Roots take ~2 weeks at current temps

I popped three seeds, all were healthy. When they were old enough to clone, I did, and once those clones had rooted, I had to ditch the big girls, due to space contraints. One of each were replanted in a small pot with plain LC's, and I'm feeding them with the Biobizz ferts I bought early this year. I think they already expired, and I hadn't used them yet, so I thought I'd put it to use.

The other set of clones were planted in grow bags, with ferted LC's mix. Once I found this recipe, I was sold. The food is in the soil, so you can water with....water. No ph'ing. I'm hoping to avoid that with the biobizz nutes as well, but we will see how that goes.

I do supplant every 2nd or 3rd watering with molasses, or Liquid Karma, or EWC tea.

The soon to be mama sharks

On the other side, the open ocean

Exhaust ducting from the veg tent. Second picture, the red arrows are on this exhaust, which in turn is one of the intakes on the flowering tent. The other vent in that picture is one of the intakes of the veg tent.

Open Sesame

6x20 Phresh filters the air before it goes up in the attic, through the fan

And finally, the Galaxy + fan. Unforunately, this runs much hotter than I thought it would. How the fark I'm going to get this OUT of the closet, I don't know.

Day 1 of flower was today. I'll post updates at least bi-weekly....ish... through harvest, which should be mid februarish.

Last edited by BorkBorkBork; 12-12-2009 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: Fixed link to 1st grow
BorkBorkBork is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 AM #2
OPT
On a long strange trip.....

OPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the rough
Looks very sweet!

I would agree that the simple "LC mix" is very good shit, I use the same.
Good Luck

Opt
OPT is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM #3
ArcticBlast
It's like a goddamned Buick Regal

ArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to all
i really like the idea of a cabinet enclosing two tents, very cool man!

everything looks awesome!
ArcticBlast
ArcticBlast is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 05:15 AM #4
Deaner

Great setup Bork. Tagged!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 AM #5
BorkBorkBork

BorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura aboutBorkBorkBork has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for popping in guys! As stated, full updates every 2 weeks (will make each picture update more interesting, I hope).

Some interesting differences so far between the phenos too. Pheno A took very well to topping (both veg plant and flower plant). B seems the healthiest (darkest green leaves) but does not appear to like being topped. Did an initial trim job on the flowering girls last night.

Took one of the remaining B clones and put into plain LC's in a 3 gallon bag. Feeding it with biobizz nutes, and letting it veg for only a few days before joining the other girls in the flower room, so it should be about 1 1/2 weeks behind the rest, and getting fed the biobizz nutes. I'm hoping the nutes aren't too old, but we will see how it goes.

Running to the garden center tomorrow to pick up some more promix and EWC. Going to start another LC's batch going soon to have more ferted soil on hand, want to give them a nice topdress feeding about 1 month into flower.

Bork

Old 12-22-2009, 05:19 AM #6
BorkBorkBork

Greetings again, one and all. Two weeks have gone by, and things they are a-changing.

The different phenos are very apparent now, and it's already an issue. Pheno A has skyrocketed, and has at least 6 inches on the B&C Phenos.

[b]Pheno B[/] is the shortest and stockiest. Did not seem to care for being topped too much. I decided to flower out another clone of this that had rooted, hereafter called BB. BB is in plain LC's mix and is getting fed BioBizz nutes, unlike the other three. I vegged only for a few days before flowering. The oteher three are on day 14, BB is on day 7. I am not topping her, instead letting her grow a single cola.

Pheno C is somewhere inbetween the two others.

So, two weeks have passed. I've kept the MH light in until now. I'm putting the HPS in tomorrow. I may or may not run the MH again the last few weeks.

Oh, and I got a new camera! =)

Inside the flower tent, day 14 (front left is BB, on day 7)

PHENO-A

PHENO-B

PHENO-C

And the veggie side. Once I decide on a pheno, there will only be one over here, and I'll get started on the selection for a Space Queen pheno.

Very pleased with the progress so far, all the plants are looking healthy. Irked that one of the phenos is so tall, but I was kind of expecting it as well, so it's ok. Yield on this first run won't be very high. I'm going to take a best guess in late flower of which pheno it is that I want to keep, and take 4-6 cuts of it (depending on which pheno it is. If it's A, since it's sprawling, it will be fewer plants. If it's B, I'll pack them in there as tight as I can.)

Oh, almost forgot. After I took the pictures I fed the flowering girls and trimmed the two week old ones. Last grow, I didn't take off enough undergrowth, resulting in too much popcorn. Hopefully I didn't take too much off this time, lol.

Anyways, that's it for now, see ya in a few weeks!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 AM #7
BorkBorkBork

Day late and a dollar short

Been burning the candle at both ends lately, and vaping a feeeeew too many bags of Sour D!

Yes, vaping! Finally picked up a vape, been wanting to for a long time, but the entry fee was too steep. A friend found me a too-good-to-pass-up deal on an Extreme, and I bit the bullet, and I couldn't be happier.

Although, instead of making shit last longer, I think it shot my tolerance through the roof, and I just go through bag after bag, lol.

Anyways, the ladies were at Day 28 yesterday, so it was time for another update.

Not much new to report. Mostly healthy growth, the only slightly off plant is C. She is not doing too hot in the bio bizz veg nutes in the other tent either, so I think she is going to get tossed.

Plant B is looking very nice, short, compact, very well defined Indica, but she looks like she will underproduce. I believe Plant A will be the winner for the keeper.

I got everything together for my new, slightly larger, and darker bubble cloner. Now I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it up, most likely this weekend (and I will take clones shortly after). Also picked up an aquarium heater, going to be needed now that temps have dropped.

Still looking for good deals on high-end fans (elicent/vortex) to replace the cheapy I have now. Think I found the best possible price on an 8 inch vortex. Now I'm looking for the best deal on a replacement filter.

Those will be the next two items purchased ($$$ :( ), at which point I will re-configure my exhaust, pulling equally from both tents into a box, where the filter will sit. I'm hoping the 8in fan will be quiet enough to hang in my closet, rather than the attic, where the cheap fan is now.

I think I'm going to give the girls a nice top-fill/feed this weekend as well.

Picture time!

Plant A - Day 28

This is likely the keeper. She was 8-10 inches taller than the other plants, had to tie down her main cola.

To be continued... (image limit of 25, how about that?)

Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM #8
BorkBorkBork

Meh....ugh, doing this through tor is so slow, and it farked up my second set of pictures, and i'm exhausted, so this'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 AM #9
BorkBorkBork

OK, lets try again, see if this works better now….

Plant B - Day 28

Second choice, would probably do great in a SOG, but I don't want to run big plant numbers.

Plant C - Day 28

Some kind of defficiency, doesn't seem to like the veg nutes either. Won't be making the cut.

Group Shot

Note the shorty in the front, she's on day 21 in BioBizz nutes. Will trim the bottom few buds off here shortly.

And here's what I did Christmas Eve before bed. Forgot all about it, just found the pics on my camera tonight ^^

Unless something exciting happens, back in two weeks.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 AM #10
ArcticBlast
It's like a goddamned Buick Regal

ArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to allArcticBlast is a name known to all
damn dude! nice update lol, i dont know what to comment on first

nice plants! nice bowls! nice stash (and stash jars lol)! nice smoke session, i bet! i love kief bowls

take care dude
ArcticBlast
ArcticBlast is offline Quote