Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Grafting to make a multistrain mother

Thread Title Search
Grafting to make a multistrain mother Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 AM #1
Anima
Trichominator

Anima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really nice
Post Grafting to make a multistrain mother

I just saw a video on youtube from a user called urbangrower titled "Grafting Cannibis"

I would put a link up but I don't know about politics. but I think the intuitives can find it easily enough.

The video featured a grower called Midnight Grower who grew several different strains grafted and flowered out on one plant.
He brought up a great idea- Grafting plants together to make a supermom and possibly save on some plant #'s.

Also the video was very helpful with technique...
Cut a "V" into the rootstock plant.. insert a scored clone into "V"...Clamp with clothespin...Cover with bag to keep from drying out and air every day and treat kinda like a clone.

This vid really got my creative juices flowing and got me excited about doing something new.

Over the next couple days I will be gathering the supply's Midnightgrower suggested (small plastic clothespin to clamp it together mainly) and bags and whatnot to keep the cuttings from drying out.

I think I'll use a pre98 bubba kush as my "rootstock" she has nice FAT branches and is all around a solid monster plant. I think she is my best shot to try my hand at all this.

I'm going to give all my moms a good shot of veg ferts and get them going and as healthy as I can to give myself the best chance of success.

I just wanted to start a thread on this topic because I don't see much on the topic after I do a search.

Feel free to share your own experiences or post pics or point me in a direction of other "grafting" threads.

This is going to kinda be a journal of my progress with grafting. I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics for ya'll. Expect me to get this started in a couple of days.

Peace and kindness
-Anima
Super Simple Ebb & Flow DIY tutorial can now be found in ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA
Got that doobie rolled yet?
Anima is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 04:25 AM #2
Dr.Dank
Cannabis 101

Dr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really nice
way cool I have an orange and mandarine tree grafted and its way cool half and half I been wondering about this and cannabis this is the first time I see someone post this as i wanted to have two flavors in one plant or that mother idea sounds kick ass thank for sharing happy growing and enjoy the holidays !!!!
Dr.Dank is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 04:26 AM #3
ButteredIt
Fuck Margarine

ButteredIt will become famous soon enoughButteredIt will become famous soon enough
a multi-strain mom in one pot? sign me up.

great for us smaller guys who love variety but don't have the space for multiple mothers.

i'll be watching this one real closely for sure. i remember reading about it in my marijuana botany book but never really thought of the possibilities. go for it anima!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:26 AM #4
chuckyoufarley

chuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant future
my cuz has an apple tree that was grafted to grow 5or 6 different kinds of apples preety fooking cool
im along for this ride

PEACE CHUCKY

jack & jill went up the hill to score a bag of grass jack was swift & rolled a spliff now he's gettin some ASS

i'm never alone even when i'm by myself
chuckyoufarley is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 04:33 AM #5
FirstTracks
natural medicator

FirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to all
why the veg ferts before grafting?
would it the increase in Nitrogen slow down the grafting process like it slows down the rooting process in clones?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:46 AM #6
chuckyoufarley

chuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant future
should be higher P i think

PEACE CHUCKY

jack & jill went up the hill to score a bag of grass jack was swift & rolled a spliff now he's gettin some ASS

i'm never alone even when i'm by myself
chuckyoufarley is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 04:46 AM #7
Anima
Trichominator

Anima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really niceAnima is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTracks View Post
why the veg ferts before grafting?
would it the increase in Nitrogen slow down the grafting process like it slows down the rooting process in clones?
Who said it slows down the rooting process? I usually give a dose of veg ferts before cloning as well... I will also soak my rockwool cubes for cloning in 600 ppm Flora nova grow before I take clones. They get to growing faster after they root up than just pH'd water clones and don't show yellowing.. AND WILL ACTUALLY GROW DURING THE CLONING PROCESS.
FN does acutally have a bit of P.

*edit- in the sake of scientific exploration I will give some of the "cutting donor" plants a dose of FN bloom high phos ferts and see if I can get any different results that way. But the original donor mother plant still gets fed on the high N FN grow 600ppm mix..
Feel free to do a "competition graft" learning experience of your own and be sure to put up pics!
Super Simple Ebb & Flow DIY tutorial can now be found in ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA
Got that doobie rolled yet?
Anima is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 AM #8
humboldtlocal

Very cool. I know the idea has been discussed here before but I don't think anyone tried it. Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 AM #9
whatissixbynine

Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 AM #10
FirstTracks
natural medicator

FirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to allFirstTracks is a name known to all
good luck with the project Anima. I'm glad that way works well for ya.
hopin to see some crazy looking mother plants