What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

poor mans hash...just a bit of fun

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Ok folks so I know you real hash lovers will not be at all impressed with my little project... but some of you who have never made hash or can't afford the equipment might want to have a go at this.. I'll tell you now that this is NOT the way to make clean hashish, but the end results are at least as good as any mid range afghan or paki black I've smoked :)

Firstly I took a load of frozen trim (not sure what it weighed but was about a third of a bucket - basically a crops worth (9 plants).. and in the traditional way added ice and water to it in a bucket and proceeded to bash the living shite out of it with a wooden spoon (according to the good Doc, figure of 8 motion is best).. After about an hour I stopped stirring it and had a big browny green slush puppy... as I expected :)

Next I got another bucket and put a shower curtain inside it and after that a net curtain (both cost about 1 euro each).. I poured my big green slushy into the bucket through a kitchen sieve and threw away the sediment. next I lifted out the net curtain and again threw away the sediment...

The next step of letting the water drip through the shower curtain took about 24 hours but when it was done I scooped out this sediment (all you proper hash guys are laffing, I know, but its ok ;) ) and dumped it in some coffee filters to get the last of the water out.

Next, I left it out on card board for approx 20 hours before rolling it up into a big black lump which weighed about 8 grams.... now as I say, you wont end up with anything super fantastic, but I've given this to 4 or 5 different people to try and they all said good things about it (I didnt tell them I made it, I just gave it to them).. so anyway, if you got some old trim and you don't know what to do with it, you might want to try some experiments of your own .. I also made some dry sift using the "net curtain over a jar" method and this made a much better end product and mixed together with the "shower bubble" its actually pretty nice :)

The "shower bubble" I give 6 or 7 out of 10 but it tastes "clean" compared to the manky fatty black hash you get in most coffeeshops (8/10 from the black we used to get in the uk) and the dry sift probably 7 or 8, mixed I'd say 7/10 ... which compared to 0/10 for the trim, is ok by me :D .. I also collected some scissor hash that day which I give an 8 also :)

proper hashiers, please feel free to poke as much fun as you wish, but also if you know a few little tricks I can use without spending cash I'd love to hear em :)

p.s if you do this you will probably find a very strong smell of marrocan hash pervading your house so be aware, this smells a lot!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

deathtosoapbar

Well it works and you say it smokes good so thats all that matters:yes:

H

headfortrinity

Please sticky this thread, I've gotta try "shower bubble" :D

M

medi-useA

JamieShoes-> I think for this one, you win the MacGuyver No-Prize!:)

Great example of Lateral Thinking!

Who would have thought a shower curtain designed to shed water could be used to make Shower Bubble?...MacGuyver!

Hehehehehe

Why 'aint there no MacGuyver thread?...This deserves to be stickied there!

muA

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
very cool... we just bought a set of sprung bags.. seem to work ok.,... one thing for sure, is the better the herb, the better the hash...

Pactivist

That's one way to do it, not bad at all, and with a little bit of refinement I'll bet that you could get bubble quality hash from it. Maybe experiment with different screens, cloths, filters etc. but that last pic looks good enough to eat. Take it from the master MacGuyverer this shows promise

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks alright man. good job. For the price it cost to make, it is great. I used to make pantyhose dry sift hash. it like the dry sift you made.