What's new

anyone ever order seeds by calling and using a gift card?

anyone ever order seeds by calling and using a gift card to any seedbank? After a total loss of money never even getting to the boo, i was wondering how safe it would be to just call in the order and use a gift card. And this goes for any seedbank. The upside being that your order gets paid for right there but what could be some of the downsides?

bpt420

im pretty sure that if you use a fake name on a gift card that is still a felony. you could just use it on the website instead of the phone? also, ive heard that some cards now require a SSN when you register them.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
anyone ever order seeds by calling and using a gift card to any seedbank? After a total loss of money never even getting to the boo, i was wondering how safe it would be to just call in the order and use a gift card. And this goes for any seedbank. The upside being that your order gets paid for right there but what could be some of the downsides?

If and since you are THAT worried about your safety regarding ordering seeds...how are you planning on handling the stress of growing?

d-town

If you buy the mastercard online gift cards you dont even have to register your name. Just make sure whatever gift card you buy dosent say only for use in us on the back

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So mastercard prepaid gift cards work for purchases on the boo? You have done so?

I have not seen any cards or read anywhere that any of them work Internationally without registering all of your info. Please do prove this theory wrong, please! :joint:

igrowone

Veteran
i have seen those that said they had ordered using a visa gift card, think it was to SB
you do have to go to visa website and fill in the name/address info so it will match the mailing address
i haven't done this yet, was planning on it in the next week

I've used visa gift cards at the boo many times.
Just like igrowone says after you buy them you go online and put the info to be the name and address you are sending the seeds to.
If you try to send the seeds to another address it won't work.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I've used visa gift cards at the boo many times.
Just like igrowone says after you buy them you go online and put the info to be the name and address you are sending the seeds to.
If you try to send the seeds to another address it won't work.

I can confirm this. If you order from SeedBoo with a gift or any credit card, you must take delivery at the address the card is registered at. However at Attitude your billing and delivery address can be different. So be sure to check the vendor before you use a card for your purchase.

igrowone

Veteran
well, eventually i will rep you for this great info enojadoperro
website is a bit obscure sometimes on rep, i press on the link and nothing happens

idoja

i've done it a few times. all successful. you just need to find a card that works internationally and online. it will say so on the packaging. most lead you to think that you have to register, but that is only in case you lose it. i've never registered one. those cards are hard to find in grocery stores nowadays. try home depot.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you tell uss the specific card that works with no online registration? What is the max denomination?

If and since you are THAT worried about your safety regarding ordering seeds...how are you planning on handling the stress of growing?

been there done that...not the problem here. The problem is getting the money to them. Since a recent order never even arrived at the boo , wanted to go direct with a card but didnt want to be the exact name or address. Thats where the gift card idea came from. You can get gift/visa/mastercard cards around here pretty easy at a walgreens and such.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I just got back from Walgreen's. All of the cards that I saw were only for use in the US and you had to give up your SSN and addy. YMMV but that's what I saw and I studied them ALL. LOL Will check Home Depot and see if I fare any better. Stupid Patriot Act.

idoja

Can you tell uss the specific card that works with no online registration? What is the max denomination?
giftcardmall. you can put between x-amount and x-amount. from 20 - 150 on somei think.

i think i might have partly registered once because i was high, but i made everything up so who cares.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
been there done that...not the problem here. The problem is getting the money to them. Since a recent order never even arrived at the boo , wanted to go direct with a card but didnt want to be the exact name or address. Thats where the gift card idea came from. You can get gift/visa/mastercard cards around here pretty easy at a walgreens and such.

I don't know of one Seedbank who does not use 3rd party billing services.

If and when you order seeds (or anything else) on the internet watch for the little lock on the bottom right of your monitor such as it should be there right NOW when you are reading this. How do you get that little lock? Click this: https://www.icmag.com and see yourself.

OK what is that little lock about?
It's called Encrypting your connection. (I don't think I need to explain that any further)

Next thing is if and when you order seeds watch out for SSL being used.

Now what the hell is SSL?

I's Secure Socket Layer technology. (Actually it is called TSL now - Transport Layer Security)
What it does is encrypting your (Credit Card) data while being sent over the internet so it can't be seen/read by crooks.

Seedbanks using 3rd party billing services DO NOT GET TO SEE WHO PAID FOR THE SEEDS.
All they know is the seeds have been paid for and where to send them.

So if you order on a website which offers mailing your order to a different address than the one associated to your Credit/Debit Card you will find the name of some sort of "Gift Company" (but not the Seedbanks name) on your Credit/Debit Card statement. It will say something like "T-Shirt Gifts" or all sorts of other fancy names but NOT "Seedbank ABCD".

Now why am I telling all this???

Because if one orders seeds from the US all they have to worry about is not getting caught growing.
If your seed order gets intercepted it will get seized and in most cases the seeds will be replaced with a letter often stating a case number so you can call in and dispute the seeds being seized. Often they don't even bother putting in that case number and just destroy your order (or grow it themselves).
attachment.php

Now if a large seed order get's intercepted and the person placing that order has been dumb enough to use his growing address as for the delivery address than he/she probably shouldn't be growing in first place...

NEVER EVER use your growing address as for the delivery address.

Reason why is in the (very rare) case coming across a customs officer who is new and want's to establish himself or some young guy who has the urge to state an example and decides to follow up on the actually delivery address making a call to your local PD who then will visit your place 3 or 4 months later when your plants are assumed to be harvested...you don't want that to happen.

So now yall get away from this Gift Card BS, put the above factors in to your Seedbank consideration and focus your worries on your growing safety!

The last thing you'll have to worry about if getting caught growing is the source of your seeds...

Attachments

• NoticeOfRemoval.JPG
    NoticeOfRemoval.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 18

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What would be a large seed order?

10 packs? 200 seeds? 500 seeds?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
What would be a large seed order?

10 packs? 200 seeds? 500 seeds?

I don't actually know...but I would say anything that indicates a commercial grow such as 30+ seeds!?

I recommend splitting your order if you plan on buying more than 2 packets!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was always wondering how many packs they ship in one order or if they automatically break it up based on a certain number of packs. I don't need seeds personally but have a friend who is asking me this shit lol. She is a medical cannabis user here in Cali and just does'nt want to go the clone route because she is looking for different herb. I don't see how 30 seeds would be a commercial grow lol, that's like 3 packs of seeds.