What's new

My Diy Stealth tent

Craven_au

So far as u can see i have layed down the floor with pre cut 13mm ply for $90 and 3hr work.

For Insulation i will be using aluminum foil for about $50 for a 30m roll and lined with Mylar. Mylar i can get for free.

Lighting i haven't made up my mind cfl or hps i do have 2x400w hps one more would be nice + light pulley.

Fans i was planning on using 2x250mm ceiling fans for intake & exhaust but at 568m3 per hr they may not cut it i think i need at least 720 m3 per hr do u think this is right?

For the smell a 40w 1000mg per minute ozone gen from ebay look good do u guys think it will do the job for 12 plants.

For the grow i will be using the auto-pot system as it is the simple and safest system with very little maintenance.

I don't plan on using the system in summer to hot.

so what do u think?

Last edited:
craven......

whats an "auto-pot system" ??

with sufficient air flow, intake and outtake....some a/c during the summer, why can't you operate year round ?? is location extremely warm climate ??

will you be creating an internal "build out" within that attic ?? right.... the diagram is a triangle grow room within the attic space ?? !! ??

if i'm correct, then you have a great little work shop. whatever the numbers and calculations are, they are. numbers don't lie. Make sure tho...you get an inline fan to draw air out your lights, and out of the grow room, then get ONE size larger. MAKE SURE you have a little "negative pressure".

use you home's HVAC system to bring in your controlled climate - either cold or warm depending....it will also act as a passive air intake with the negative pressure, and will draw in fresh air ever so slightly that it won't be noticed downstairs !

i have a similar situation, i have i played around with different configurations

Craven_au

Thanks for the info Maze Yes extremely warm here in oz the temp can hit 50c in the roof with an ac may be possible but i want a stealth setup. the home vac would be to loud.

Could i use the two ceiling fans for exhaust and use the man hole as a passive intake that wood be 1136 m3 per hr more then enough. the man hole is 46cm x 36cm. The ceiling fans go for $50 au each dose any one have a better idea im trying to keep the costs down.

The autopot is a fully automatic unpowered gravity feeding watering system
http://www.autopot.com.au/ My big bud mun in the 2pot autopot system

I will still grow in summer just not in the roof.This is my snow white grow.

G

Guest50138

In a ceiling you carnt aford any mistakes,maybe a pond liner,its a bit expensive but at least you know you wont wake up with water dripin on your head or couple layers of thick garden plastic with what i think is called core flex,its like a plastic cardboard,I have seen it in a grow shop,they make real estate signs out of it, summer will be a battle ! Looks nice mate:)

Craven_au

that pic is a shooka oldman but i think u r right no mistakes. im trying to keep it nice and simple.
as they say keep it simple stupid.

Craven_au

how do i protect my self

how do i protect my self

dose any one no how much heat it would take to be detected by the police chopper and what can i do to not be detected?

You have 2 400 watt hps bulbs.

My PC is running a 450 watt power supply, so i dont think u need to worry from the flying fuzz. Be careful when u have over 1 k

Craven_au

You have 2 400 watt hps bulbs.

My PC is running a 450 watt power supply, so i dont think u need to worry from the flying fuzz. Be careful when u have over 1 k
I am planing on getting more lights just not shore what kind. I do think u can never be to careful.

Craven......

i love oz.....

anyway....some ceiling fans would be great, to create "wind" and breezes for gentle airflow. but as per removal of air, the exchange and need for fresh, new incoming.....i strongly recommend some sort of "inline fan".....vortex or any other brand ( your budget will determine. )

when you say "man hole" ...can i assume you are talking about the "access" hole ( or square ) that allows you to enter the attic space ?? if so, then i guess this could be considered a passive intake. it was my impression that your diagram had the grow triangle as a fairly sealed area. i built mine with plywood flooring, and drywall for the walles. lined it will isluation, and "rigged" up an entrance door. i generally stay pretty constant in temp, with the aid of a/c in summer and heat during some cold months.....the rest is mid 70's to 80 !

i agree with a pond liner being the safest better -- with the purchase of a shop-vac, of course !!! if worst case scerino occured, you have some back breaking work to do, but no ceiling to repair. in my case, i do NON-recirc, self contained 5 gal buckets DWC. the only spills are self-induced :)

the worst in my case is a clogged stone or stoner moment with no air pump "on"....

no need to worry about FLIR with only 2x 400's.....that what i have along with my veg 3x T5 4bulb 2ft...

i wish i had construction pix of my setup, but i don't.....my lower back and forehead could tell a thousand stories tho .......

forgot.............

thanks for the info on auto-pot....i'll check it out further.

you said that 2x ceiling fan for exhaust are $50au each......check ebay or Hydro shops for a 6" or 8" inline -- shouldn't be much more then the $100au you're willing spend already.

i run a 8" vortex and a 4" vortex in my attic, but outside the grow triangle. got them dangling from the trusses with bungee cords. can't hear a single thing from downstairs. the air pumps dangle from inside and are silent. there is NOTHING within my entire grow area that makes any noise down below ( or in your case, shall i say down under )

PS....i living in north sydney beachs for a yr when i was 19......in 1992 !!

Craven_au

MAZE

l love Canada went to whistler 2years back didn't want to leave.

Yes when i say man hole i mean access hole must be an oz thing.
When u say with the purchase of a shop-vac do u mean to be used for cleaning up them spills.

how many times per hour do u vent your room? some people say 3 times some say 5 and even up to 12 times per hour.http://www.hygrow.net/products.php?category_id=2&product_id=18

I'm get a headake there are to many fans on the market.

I now what u mean (lower back and forehead could tell a thousand stories.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
i just wanted to make a comment my fellow australian on the ozone!!

you need to have enough air flow when using one and i think ppl use them in the ducting or have a big ducting kind of one like i do(300mm round 2-3 foot long)that you attach duct either end...the bathroom type fans wont cut it drawing away the air!!

they cant/should not be used in the grow space...you will burnt the crap out of the plants and your lungs if your in the same space...

i grew in a room...had the bathroom fans in the ceiling and had the ozone in the roof space and burnt the plants and felt it in my body as i breathed in....

i personally wish i never wasted the $$$ on it...its in a garbage bag in the shed where it will stay i think...

instead...look on here for a DIY carbon filter (find the stickys thread) im still yet to make one but need to make 2 and will get the carbon in bulk of ebay...

fans ect cant help really...lol i dont use what i should really(did buy some big ones once but they sounded like jet engines)...i use the 150mm $60 ones of ebay and need to get some more for the extra room...they work...better than the years of bathroom fans...that worked when using up to 5k of light in OZ summer getting to 45c and over ....but pounds of yield proved they can work...good luck.HH. =]-~

kenoath

dont skimp on fans
get yaself a big assed centrifugal
get 1 that is rated bigger than ya area
my exhaust runs 24-7 non stop
cool tubes for the shades?
if u growing in a roof cavity she gunna get hot
i also think u will need a decent fan draw cooler air in
u basically want it to run at negative pressure
wish u well
ken

Craven_au

HAPPY HERB
Quote(i just wanted to make a comment my fellow australian on the ozone!!)

you need to have enough air flow when using one and i think ppl use them in the ducting or have a big ducting kind of one like i do(300mm round 2-3 foot long)that you attach duct either end...the bathroom type fans wont cut it drawing away the air!!)

Just what i wanted to hear Happyherb thank you.

As for ducting no problems i have 6m 12'' and 3m 14'' Insulated ducting it was left over from a friends A/c he was just going to toss it.

I took a look at ebay some of them cheep150mm run at 50 dba i do like the look of the ezi air inline fans and price just weighting on feed back from seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EZI-AIR-4-PO...Seed_Starting_Hydroponics?hash=item2ea8f120e4

Craven_au

finish the floor and the border for the water proof lining got a good price on pond lining $12 a sq m2.

I will insulate the roof i can then insulate the wall if needed i will get the aluminum foil Wednesday 20m for $40 have more Pic will keep them coming.

You can see the man hole in the fare right hand corner. I should have been a carpenter.

craven.....no VB in the photo ?? WTF dude ....

ya, the terms are different downunder....but none the less...........

there are many different fans, but what you need is an inline centrifugal fan made pretty much for this purpose. Vortex is just a brand name.....it needs to be one size larger then the mathematical rating for your room....this will enable negative pressure. they are used in conjunction with air cooled lights, allowing you to suck old air out of the room, over the lights helping to cool -- and the passive or non-passive air intakes will then suck in, and replenish.....

i got ya on the "man hole".....mine has a fold step ladder attached when opened from ground floor.

shop vac is indeed for when a spill of any size occurs......

you mention alum. foil -- do you really mean mylar ?? i have been told that real, true alum. foil that you would use in the kitchen, can create hot spots and uneven heat distribution......my mylar is pretty cheap, and there's also the white plastic called Panda Film. Good for protection of water and flat white reflects well also.......

can't wait for more pic's and an update......Do you know what you'll be growing once up and running ??

Craven_au

I felt like one in that roof with out a drink up there u die. power tool and beer don't mix.

no steps i don't even have a ladder just been using a chair one of the reason i want the setup to be as user friendly as possible no climbing up there all the time. i may setup a camera.

The foil is a builders foil its used in roofing and walls helps with the heat and humidity it will keep the grow room air tight and keep the light in and out + keep the tent/room nice and clean.Yes i will line the tent with mylar .

I will be growing Nirvana snow white and big bud

gotcha.......

i can actually bring my laptop up to my "cave" and have used my webcam to show the one and only dude who knows what i do, my setup !!

i like the canadian referances, craven :))))

my actual location now is Florida -- due to the most wonderful year spent in Oz....sowing my royal oats -- i returned to Toronto, but didn't have the heart to stick around. been in florida ever since '95, but still real Canadian deep down !!!

i've looked @ snow white before, becuase my oldest daughter loves snow white the princess ..... so i thought i might be symbolic :)))

this thread is gonna rock as it progresses.......spot on craven !

Latest posts

Latest posts