What's new

1500 watt master blaster?

K

kuba1

long time lurker figured id post. ive been growing with 400 watt lights and was thinking of upgrading to 1000, then i saw this 1500 master blaster and wanted to know if anybody has any idea on the size of grow area? maybe 5x5? heres the link i called and they said would have 16 early next week and will start shipping the middle of the week. i guess there is only 350 total released nationwide. I wanted to get some info fast so thanks ahead of time for any info that you can give me!
http://infiniteseason.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=322

K

kuba1

thanks for replying evil twin so it looks like a 5x5 is 9 more square feet than a 4x4 with a thousand so that should be 50% more yeild over a thousand watt setup.
im looking at the hps not the mh, i know that the 1500 mh is an ineifficent and not good for growing but the one im looking at is the master blaster 1500 hps that has 206,000 lumens at the bottom of the page. ive never seen a 1500 hps bulb before only mh thats why im so interested. thanks again evil twin.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
The 1500 bulbs put out TONS more heat than a 1000 watt bulb, and they aren't popular with growers for this. They are also very hard to find parts and bulbs for. I wouldn't advise it.

I saw the 1500w lights and I was amazed also. I used to run 2/ 1000w HPS lights and I thought about just running 2/ 1500w HPS lights but I saw the damn website and you had to call them about ordering the units as you stated "a handful of them" were going to be produced. Probably to see how well they would sell.

I haven't used it or know of anyone who's used it (so many people are so damn cheap) but I would love to take a crack at it. If you can get your hands on it, try it! Why not?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Man, aren't you even a little worried what it will be like when your bulb burns out? I can get my 1000w bulb replaced in 15 minutes 7 days a week by going to ANY hydro store. You'll have to order yours online and wait for days!

I checked the efficiency, it's a little lower than the 1KW bulbs but not by much. When you get the ballast please post the total amperage draw for it too.

Thanks

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Man, aren't you even a little worried what it will be like when your bulb burns out? I can get my 1000w bulb replaced in 15 minutes 7 days a week by going to ANY hydro store. You'll have to order yours online and wait for days!

I checked the efficiency, it's a little lower than the 1KW bulbs but not by much. When you get the ballast please post the total amperage draw for it too.

Thanks

I just bought 4 of these. Good call on the bulb thing though. I wouldn't of thought of it until I had a problem. Better get an extra one or two now!

Thanks, and I will report back!

K

kuba1

ya good call on the bulbs i call infinite season and got 2 spares. oh ya when i call last night to order bulbs i got the specs it said 6.85 on one part of the box and 6.9 on the other side of the box and it is only 240v power.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
ya good call on the bulbs i call infinite season and got 2 spares. oh ya when i call last night to order bulbs i got the specs it said 6.85 on one part of the box and 6.9 on the other side of the box and it is only 240v power.

Sunsystems told me 6.2...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks for the update man, glad that all worked out for ya.

So, you got a tan from that beast yet?

I was thinking, it's 206K lumens, so at 7500 lumens per watt, you can cover a 5.24'X5.24' are with that, but you'd probably be pretty safe at even 6" more. What hood are you putting it in? Air-cooled?

I'd love to see a side by side pic of your 1500MH next to a 1000wMH if you could!

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
that some serious light.. im thinking i could turn 2lb per 1kw into 3 with that light

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Thanks for the update man, glad that all worked out for ya.

So, you got a tan from that beast yet?

I was thinking, it's 206K lumens, so at 7500 lumens per watt, you can cover a 5.24'X5.24' are with that, but you'd probably be pretty safe at even 6" more. What hood are you putting it in? Air-cooled?

I'd love to see a side by side pic of your 1500MH next to a 1000wMH if you could!

Well, it kinda sucks. Because we are going with a new grow and are getting all new lights, we went with 4 1500. I asked if they would rather have us experiment with 2 1000 and 2 1500. They said order all 4 (go figure!) Maybe I will try to get a shot with someone elses 1000 if I can manage. But, on a twist, we are going to be doing one 600 mh compared to a t-5 (8 bulb) for veg. We want to veg to 3'... so I am predicting the MH conversion to come out ahead, but hey... that is why we are comparing right!!!!

By the way... trying bare bulb vert 1500. Going to test heat first, then maybe use cool tubes. But I have my partner tallked into vert... for now!

medium: soilless
nut: 50/50 brewed teas/preformulated organic
veg: 600w MH vs. 8 bulb t-5
flower: 1500s HPS bare bulb(? maybe cool tube)

11' ceiling, so hoping bare bulb... I have a pic of the current stage of the veg room (walls painted, floors painted, trim up(ha!), MH hung, missing T-5 and plants(!), but I need my adapter to get it off my card. I will hopefully post tommorrow (turkey-day... triptiphane :yoinks:). We'll see!

Hardest part of this whole indoor room design???? Ventilation - got it figured out(hopefully!) but boy was it a PIA!

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Ok, so we recieved all these in the other day and the boxes said 6.9 watts. The rep on the phone confirmed 6.2 watt draw. How do we confirm this? Have not plugged them in yet! Probally should soon. Ordered more bulbs by the way!

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Still veging, but here is a pic of one of the bulbs up and going. She is BRIGHT in person, unbarebely so!