Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > Homemade Reflector

Thread Title Search
Homemade Reflector Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2005, 09:14 PM #1

Homemade Reflector

OK, I lifted all these pics from another site. I PM'd the owner asking for permission, it's been over a month and no response, and he has not posted on the site in quite some time, so since it's a simple, low cost project, and so easy even I followed it with no written instructions, I figured I'd repost them here. If it's against rules then just delete it, won't bother me any. Just trying to pass time in between laundry loads.

Before I start, the guy who did this used mylar to line it with. He used mylar tape to affix it. I used a spray adhesive because it holds better, and I do not want a fire hazard if the tape fails and the mylar drops down onto the bulb. Please substitute a white paint rated for high temps. He did not give specifics on wiring the light, but the pics are fairly self explanatory and I think ya can figure it out. I was gonna show pics of mine and how I did it, but I don't want to be responsible for you setting your house on fire if I did it wrong LOL. Maybe an electrical whiz will see this and tell y'all how to do it safely. He also used a bigger piece of sheet metal and vut it in half to make 2 different reflectors. casa de pot sells several different sizes of sheet metal, so you can buy and build to suit your needs. Whole project was under 20 bucks for me (excluding the light), had some things already in the garage already (brackets,wood,junction box,). Hope this saves someone a buck or two.

Last edited by stankbud; 09-28-2005 at 03:26 AM..

Old 08-07-2005, 09:16 PM #2

just follow them in order.......

Old 08-07-2005, 09:18 PM #3

almost done..When ya get to smoke break pic, please don't get high and do wiring after.........

Old 08-07-2005, 09:19 PM #4

just about done....

BE ADVISED MYLAR IS FALAMMABLE AND CAN BE A HAZZARD.use a white paint suitable for high-heat conditions

Last edited by stankbud; 09-28-2005 at 06:25 AM..

Old 08-17-2005, 06:17 AM #5
EcoNepenthe

EcoNepenthe has a spectacular aura aboutEcoNepenthe has a spectacular aura aboutEcoNepenthe has a spectacular aura aboutEcoNepenthe has a spectacular aura about
I used this technique...works like a charm. Sweet thing is once made, you now begin to xperiment w/sizes and bends, which I believe is how he discovered and perfected this cheap to build reflector. Now, get ya self a pyrex bake around tube, ya now have a nice air cooled, well reflected grow lamp. This is a vase w/two 175 MH lamps inside. Love ta tinker, I do.

Success w/ya grow.
Stay Safe.

Eco

Watch em grow

Last edited by EcoNepenthe; 08-17-2005 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: sp
EcoNepenthe is offline Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM #6
cough_cough_eer
Anita Bonghitt

cough_cough_eer has disabled reputation
I made one not too long ago.Its kinda based on that same design but I made mine adjustable. heres some pics of the completed hood. (more pics on page 17 and 18 in my gallery)

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????
cough_cough_eer is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2005, 03:47 AM #7

I know who's that is

Not sure if I should mention his handle from the "other" board, but I don't think he would have a problem with you bringing it here to share.
I'm probably wrong though.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:31 AM #8
thecottonmouthk

thecottonmouthk is on a distinguished road
I low teched my reflector. It can't work as good as that first one there, but you can see mine over at OG here.
thecottonmouthk is offline Quote

Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 AM #9
Bonzo

Bonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to allBonzo is a name known to all
I love the coffee can idea cmk, very cool as are all the ideas here, great work . I biuld all my own hydro systems but ive never ventured into the reflecter realm. Hmmmm ...one of these days maybe, where does one aquire the "bakelite" tubes?

peace

bonz

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)
Bonzo is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 08:20 AM #10
thecottonmouthk

thecottonmouthk is on a distinguished road
Thanks bonz!

I think you can get the bakelite tubes from ebay for pretty cheap.
thecottonmouthk is offline Quote