What's new

Spider - Mites

F

Father Time

could somebody please point me in the right direction,i need a good spray to do the job, the dude at the local garden store had nothing to hits Spiders - Mites in specific just a overall Mite spray,would this do the job.

i would rather/Love and orgianic alternative to sprays,anything natural out there to combat thes little buggers?
Kind Regards,Father Time. :joint:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You can also keep things wet and windy in there. They absorb too much water and explode while failing to build webs. After a while it dessimates the population. But probably start a fungus gnat problem.

O

OHenry

Take two caps of neem, use mildly warm water, and a capful of dawn soap. The Dawn helps break down the oil into the water. OH

R

Ronley

The best way to combat spidermites is to:
Get the MOST potent strongest Chili peppers that you can find, (about 5 or 6)
2 cups of water and blend them all up,
Strain the chili water and spray onto the leaves,
Apply the chili water every couple of days for about a week until the mites are gone.
it works like a charm... Completely organic and does no hatm to the buds or plant.

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET THE CHILI SOLUTION INTO YOUR EYES AND WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES OR COVER YOUR HANDS WHEN APPLYING THE CHILI WATER. OTHERWISE IT WILL BURN YOUR HANDS.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
habanero peppers...

habanero peppers...

are the worlds hottest. Use latex gloves when handling and be sure to incorporate the whole pepper, seeds and all. Dried Habanero powder is available from internet spice companies and would be easy to store and use.

If you rub your eyes after handling these, one will never forget it. It's amazing how long the heat can last and sheer intensity is incredible.;) .

In regards to dish soaps, avoid the antibacterial ones that contain the Chemical "trichlosan", as it is highly effective at killing microscopic life (depending on actual ppm concentration).
If ones has a desire of maintaining a flora of microbiological life forms in their growing media, one should use the cheapo old school type of product when selecting a dish soap to help emulsify the Neem Oil into solution.
With Hydroponic setup, one should be carefull so one doesn't go and make a bubble machine when working with liquid detergents. :D

A mixture of pyrythium and neem will provide immediate knockdown and longer residual benefits from the Neem.

A mixture of Insecticial soap and neem will provide the same results, (death to spidermites), drenching the complete plant is critical as the pyrethium / insecticidal soap needs to contact the creepy crawly to "knock em down".

Neem by itself is highly effective by itself but does not have that satisfying immediate knockdown effect as do the other natural sourced insecticides.
Research has shown that neem has some systemic action in plants, meaning that the plants absorb it.

When applied...to soils, neem can be taken up by the roots of some plants and translocated to other parts of the plant. Neem may remain active in the soil up to four weeks, depending on soil conditions.

When neem is applied to plant foliage, its systemic action is limited—new foliage must be sprayed periodically for adequate protection.

A good brand that is relatively easy to find is the safer line of products, Safer 3-in-1 Concentrate is readily available and is 70% neem 30% inert ingredients. Walmart I think stocks it.

Safer Yard & Garden Insect Killer is also a very good product that is Neem combined (piggybacked)with insecticidal soap for a quick knockdown and broad spectrum control...

Neem Oil How it works (ICMAG thread)

Pyrythium ICMAG thread link

Now go kill them little Suck'rs.

:joint:

Last edited:
F

Father Time

WOW!
Thanks very much everyone, man this site Rocks! :woohoo:

it was the very first site i ever found, (not very long ago) and have not been anyware else,i see people mention other Forums but,to be honest,why would you go anywhere else. :joint:

Boggled,
thanks very much mate,i've just read and saved your posted thread on this.

the support/advice you get from members here is sensational !
Kindest Regards,Father Time. :wave:

R

Ronley

I.M. Boggled said:
are the worlds hottest. Use latex gloves when handling and be sure to incorporate the whole pepper, seeds and all. Dried Habanero powder is available from internet spice companies and would be easy to store and use.

Thats interesting about the habanero peppers. what colour are they?

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Usually orange and/or yellow

Usually orange and/or yellow

when one sees 'em in the store,although in recent years various color mutations have been developed.
One may see "Scotch Bonnet" peppers available which are essentially the same thing.

The "Red Savina" Habanero has been tested at over 577,000 Scoville units!
This is so much hotter than the normal Habanero chile pepper, that the "Guiness Book of Records" have accepted it as "the hottest chili pepper" in the world. Even now, Chile breeders are attempting to beat this.

A scoville unit is a measurement of the capsaicin (heat) level in a particular pepper.
Peppers heat can vary from pod to pod,plant to plant,variety to variety, and even season to season.

The various varieties of chile peppers can be ranked
according to their heat or "pungency" level:

0-100 Scoville Units includes most Bell/Sweet pepper varieties.

500-1000 Scoville Units includes New Mexican peppers.

1,000-1,500 Scoville Units includes Espanola peppers.

1,000-2,000 Scoville Units includes Ancho & Pasilla peppers.

1,000-2,500 Scoville Units includes Cascabel & Cherry peppers.

2,500-5,000 Scoville Units includes Jalapeno & Mirasol peppers.

5,000-15,000 Scoville Units includes Serrano peppers.

15,000-30,000 Scoville Units includes de Arbol peppers.

30,000-50,000 Scoville Units includes Cayenne & Tabasco peppers.

50,000-100,000 Scoville Units includes Chiltepin peppers

100,000-350,000 Scoville Units includes Scotch Bonnet & Thai peppers.

200,000 to 300,000 Scoville Units includes Habanero peppers.

and around 16,000,000 Scoville Units is Pure Capsaicin.

:) :joint: