Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM #1
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Esskie will become famous soon enough
Smile Mazar & Lebanese

Hi there,
Just received my order of Mazar-i-Sharif through the door this morning from RSC

Needless to say they are in a glass each of 24hr water already lol

Also in their well packaged container was RSC Lebanese, both strains chosen for their growing time and hopefully something good to pull through the bags

As they were only put into water at approx mid-day, I was really pleased to see 3 of 4 Mazar sunk already

the Lebanese

I'm not too sure about the Lebanese to be honest as instead of 12 there were 13 in the pack and I'm superstitious about that number for some mad reason, in contrast there were only 10 Mazar so although 2 have gone awol it'll hopefully balance things out some lol

The plan is to let them soak tonight in 24hr water which had a drop of Superthrive dropped into the 2L bottle it was taken from. After the soak, they'll be moved into moist spreader/capillary matting stuff I have and/or placed into net pots under the top tray of the aero-cloner
the cloner won't be on but will be used incase the matting gets too dry

other than that not much can be done at the moment so watch this space and send your positive vibes for these wee ones

From the bottom of the seed box..BOGs BMR x Kryptonite Towley's Treasure F1, RSC Lebanese, Bonzo Bud from Swan Song Seeds - Soon!

Afghan Kush & White Skunk - Coming Soon!

*NEW* RSC Parvati - Indoor

RSC Mazar & RSC Lebanese IBLs - Indoor

B.O.G BMR & Chronic Re-Veg - From Bud to Bud
Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 AM #2
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Unhappy

Just a quick update on the RSC beans

they were moved from the h2o in the morning so probably spent around 18hrs or so in the glass, from there they were moved to moist kitchen roll but not into the aero-cloner (it's the perfect environment at the bottom of one of those net pots!)

although 2 x Lebanese have split they seem to have stopped in their tracks , I'm sad to report that none of those Mazar have split after being the 1st to sink in their glass

We haven't given up on them by any means but have placed a couple more Mazar and 4 Leb straight from the baggie into moist tissue between two small saucers (an age old method lol)
just me being used to seeds germinating in a day or two plus I really would like to get cracking with growing these out

there is a spot I've found atop my CD tower where the ambient temp is always between 20 and 23 degrees so they're all sitting there atm

it's not worth me taking any pics to show you split seeds as you all know what they look like lol

From the bottom of the seed box..BOGs BMR x Kryptonite Towley's Treasure F1, RSC Lebanese, Bonzo Bud from Swan Song Seeds - Soon!

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM #3
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Smile

Stil nothing with a tail yet but since moving the Mazar and Lebanese into the aerocloner yesterday, 5/6 Lebanese seem to be doing something although a couple had just split already

also, 2 of the Mazar appear to be just thinking about splitting now so fingers crossed

we had another strain which came out the fridge that were germinated at the same time using the same method, 2 of those are up through and into 25mm cubes & hydroton under the veg light already

I've a good feeling about the Leb, not sure why but don't feel so confident about the Mazar though?.....it's possibly just down to the Leb splitting first but also we had really poor germination rates from the last Mazar we grew (from a different supplier)

It's my hope to get these up and sexed in time so the Leb can be done beside our Hashplant and BMR in a new grow tent once the fans have been dialled in

Hopefully some pics with green in them soon!

Peace & take care,
Regards, Esskie

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM #4
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Unhappy No Mazar :(

Well it doesn't look like I'm going to see any Mazar from these seeds

There is one however that has a small white tail, it hasn't gotten any bigger since I noticed it but it still loks healthy & white so
the others haven't bothered to crack at all bar one but that's all it did

As for the Lebanese, although not what I'd call the most viable seeds I've germinated, 3 were just placed into their small RW starter cubes this morning (1 of the ones I'd scuffed a bit first) so we'll be keeping a close eye on those.........

1 female is all I ask so fingers crossed

they are still in the aerocloner which is definitly the best place for them to be if they are to have any chance of showing their heads at all, the 3 x Lebanese are in their own net pots with the neoprene collar just resting loose on the top to give em some shade.

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 PM #5
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Smile All is not lost :)

Hi there,
Anyone who's read this thread may have realised already we haven't exactly been lucky regarding germination of these seeds

Since my last post however, I'm pleased to be able to post some good news, we have more than one Lebanese up through

As if that wasn't cool enough, there is 1 of the Mazar popped & is now up through but, as of this evening, still hasn't shed it's shell

(my apolz for the garbage pics, they were taken on a mobile with a garbage camera)

RSC Lebanese #1......the only one in a 3" cube so far.....touch wood

here are the other two of the trio, I'm certainly not going to get a choice of phenos from this strain but if we get a female then that's something at least

Leb #2

Leb #3

Here's the wee Mazar just poking it's head up now, it's not a very clear pic but you can make out the un-shed seed, it will hopefully have shed the shell by tomorrow

As they are only just up they are still very fragile so aren't being fed anything other than 24hr water with a drop of Superthrive & Rhizotonic. Once they are a week or two old they'll move onto a weak Formulex solution (EC: 1.0 ~ 1.2).

Veg will be done in a DualFlow system in F+D mode under a 250w Envirolite which sits beside the aerocloner

It's still waay earl to be thinking about crossing these plants but as I have 2 x HashPlants currently at approx 4wks veg, it'd be interesting to do a HashPlant/Lebanese cross?
there's bound to be a male of one and a female of the other that could be used, maybe not the best of choice of parent stock but hey ho

tbh, I'm relieved to be getting something from my $$ but that's the nature of the beast I dare say. probably should be considering myself lucky to be seeing anything from these seeds so maybe best to play it a step at a time and see what we have to play with once vegged out, flowered and smoke tested

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 PM #6
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Thumbs up Update

Hi there,
As I was taking a few pics of this & that I thought it was about time I updated this thread!

I've ended up with my Mazar & Lebanese grow being a Lebanese grow but it could be a no grow which is a whole lot worse!!

After starting off a little leggy as can be seen in the previous post, they're starting to get it together now but still haven't taken off yet but patience is a virtue

here's a pic of them, the solitary Mazar is the one at the bottom with the white marker stick:

I did get one more that popped up from the soil pot after being discarded but I don't know if it's a Mazar or Lebanese?

there seems to be some with the first serrated leaf is longer & narrower than a couple of the others, infact the Mazar (I'm 99% positive I didn't get em mixed up?) looks just like some of the Leb
having said that I can see a difference between these two?
maybe the one I'm holding is the Mazar & not the one marked?......I shouldn't do crucial jobs like that when I'm baked

there are a couple that have went mutant they way I've seen Blueberry doing at this stage:

slight tip burn with this one, they aren't being fed yet so??

I know from reading & much appreciated advice from Angus at RSC that the Leb doesn't like too much nutes so I'll keep this in mind once these babies get up a bit and start being fed automatically from the rez

Atm we're they are in what I'd call passive hydro being watered by hand daily & a foliar misting every few days

I'll post more frequently with more pics as they get going

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 AM #7
jm420
Banned

jm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of lightjm420 is a glorious beacon of light
you r holding the mazzar
jm420 is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM #8
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm420 View Post
you r holding the mazzar
Hi and thanx for posting man

you are definitely seeing what I'm seeing, the one with the white stick in the pot looks too much like the rest huh

compare it to the one in the 3" cube, it's identical & I know for sure the Grodan contains a Lebanese as it was the first one to germ & stick it's head up

gonna have to swap that marker stick lol

We are hoping the wee tiny small one in the bottom right of the group pic is Mazar too

Either way we're looking forward to growing out the Lebanese, IBL have interested me for a longtime & it's vital that we keep these strains pure and spread them as far & wide as possible

here's a pic of a Leb indoors @ 40days from the RSC site, notice how slim fingered the fans are

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 PM #9
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Smile

I think they are starting to get going, what do you guys think?

this is the one we'd thought was Mazar at first then Leb, now I'm not so sure again

this one with the marker stick is the one jm420 reckoned was Mazar, as I did & still do
when you compare it to the one next to it in the RW cube there def seems to be a definite difference?.......maybe the one that came up out of the soil pot was Mazar to......hope so as 2 x Mazar gives us a bit more of a sporting chance at getting a female

still haven't fed them any proper nutrient as yet other than the misting they get when the others do, other than that it's water with a wee bit of S/Thrive, a wee bit of Rhizotonic

as you can see, even the mutants are still with us (we never cull any mutants or runts if I can at all avoid it) & coming along nicely

I'll get some more pics posted later as this is just a short post.....enjoy
Regards, Esskie

Esskie is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM #10
Esskie
from Under the Influence

Smile

Time for a wee update and a few pics

I have to say these Lebanese are coming on well although I only just put the majority of them into 3" cubes and/or larger pots with clay pebbles earlier this evening after having endured a really heavy last few days involving projectile vomit!

starting with Leb#1

I can't get the light down as close to them as I'd like due to the pair of HashPlants which have both been cloned but are still in the veg sys

still not 100% if this is a Mazar or a Lebanese pheno?, the Leb has very pronounced serrations along the leaf which this doesn't appear to have so?....I've noticed from pics of it on the RSC site it can show slightly broader leaf too though

not sure.....Leb I think?

the mutants are still coming on ok

the pair of HPs will be out of there within the next 2-3 days which will allow me to get the light lowered a lot giving the plants more intense light from which they will hopefully respond accordingly

btw, I moved the them into cubes & larger pots after taking the pics so they aren't going to be restricted by those tiny wee seedling pots more than they have been

I think 20 or 21 x 13cm square pots fit the DualFlow perfectly so aim to pickup a load instead of these silly wee things.
same for the 3" cubes but I got these thrown in on a deal so used them, the norm is a starter cube & clay pebbles

Esskie is offline Quote