Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > Deluxe Seeds > DELUXE SEEDS

Thread Title Search    
Click to Upgrade your account
 DELUXE SEEDS Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #46
Herbasaurus

Herbasaurus will become famous soon enoughHerbasaurus will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to it. Best of luck in this venture.
Herbasaurus jest offline   Quote

Old 11-05-2009, 02:09 AM   #47
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivor
"Kush" comes from the real name "Hindu Kush" which are the genetics (pure afghanica) originating from the Hindu Kush Mountains of Afghanistan & Pakistan.

Below is quoted from an article at ReeferSmoke.com

Quote:
The Hindu Kush is a mountain range located in eastern and central Afghanistan and northwestern Pakistan. The Eastern Hindu Kush range, also known as the High Hindu Kush range, is mostly located in northern Pakistan. Most marijuana enthusiasts who smoke Kush (weed) would have no idea about the region or the history and culture of growing cannabis and making hashish that the Hindu Kush is famous for.
The origin of the name Hindu Kush is disputed, despite it being fairly recent, first used ca 1330. As 'kush' is 'killing' in old Persian, about the same time the cannabis strain was first introduced to Europe, coincidentally Hashish has a similar etymology, as most sources state Kush means Hindu-Killer because of the vast number of Indian slaves who perished in passing its snows while being taken by Islamic invaders. Whereas, Hashish was related to "assassin". However, the word Kush could also be derived from a Persian word meaning "Hindu Throne" but no-matter how it was once known, now it's the name of the most popular marijuana in popular culture and derivatives of this hardy plant are smoked on every continent, with little regard of where, why, or how this marvelous durable strain, the great granddaddy of "white widow", came to be.
Imagine a plant that can grow in the some of the harshest environments on the planet? Geographically speaking, Kush is the westernmost extension of the Pamir Mountains, the Karakoram Range, it's a sub-range of the Himalayas. Interestingly (side note) it's calculated to be the geographic center of population of the world. The late great author Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park, Andromeda Strain and many more best sellers) traveled through the region in the 1980's and wrote about it in his 1988 novel "Travels", describing the region as so remote that locals would line the road to see foreign tourists walk past. Undoubtedly, in more recent times the spill-over from conflict in Afghanistan has changed some of that but the production of cannabis and manufacturing of Hashish flourishes as never before, due to demand.
The mountains of the Hindu Kush system diminish in height as they stretch westward: toward the middle, near Kabul, they extend from 4,500 to 6,000 meters (14,700 feet to 19,100 feet); in the west, they attain heights of 3,500 to 4,000 meters (11,500 feet to 13,000 feet). The average altitude of the Hindu Kush is 4,500 meters (14,700 feet). The Hindu Kush system stretches about 966 kilometers (600 miles) laterally, and its median north-south measurement is about 240 kilometers (150 miles). Only about 600 kilometers (370 miles) of the Hindu Kush system is called the Hindu Kush mountains but the entire region produces some of the best marijuana and hashish in the world.

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

SWEET TOOTH #4 - IBL PROJECT ORGANIC *LED* GROW!

Please join the ~SWEET TOOTH SOCIETY~ on ICMag! 323 Members STRONG & GROWING!

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

The Pen is far mightier than the Sword!

Spread your knowledge of Cannabis to all!

Sweet Tooth, will sure cure whatever ails ya!

SOTF420 jest offline   Quote

Old 11-05-2009, 02:15 AM   #48
hulkbogan

Hey koot, is the GC you are breeding with the BC clone or is it sourced from the states? I am asking because the Greencrack clone in the lower mainlan is Purple kush x Hashplant and it totally different then Cecils green crack that members on IC are growing. The BC cut is still dank I am just curious which one ya used.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #49
habeeb
follow your heart

habeeb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
To survive nowadays as a seedbank you pretty much have to offer Feminized seeds as well.

Koot.
I once said to someone, "If I could be the richest man without my word, or be the poorest man with my word".. I told him, "well then I would be a poor man"
habeeb jest offline   Quote

Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #50
Kootenay

Kootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to behold
Hulk - I have the one from BC. As to its heritage being Purple Kush x Hashplant i would not know, i have seen that quoted by "someone" which i took as a grain of salt considering the source. I can only say that i had seen the GreenCrack before the Purple Kush was availble so who really knows. But Iam sorry i dont really want to turn this thread into the origins of the GC..hahaha. Iam sure that this has been disputed elsewherPeace
Koot.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #51
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivorSOTF420 is a survivor
I personally think the name green crack is a bit of an insult to the plant honestly. Just being honest.

Koot, look at your experience I sent please.

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #52
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
thanks for the info fellas, that would in fact make it a true kush if that were the case. i love what i have smoked that has been refered to as kush although i know that is nothing more that a name added for marketing.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #53
hulkbogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Hulk - I have the one from BC. As to its heritage being Purple Kush x Hashplant i would not know, i have seen that quoted by "someone" which i took as a grain of salt considering the source. I can only say that i had seen the GreenCrack before the Purple Kush was availble so who really knows. But Iam sorry i dont really want to turn this thread into the origins of the GC..hahaha. Iam sure that this has been disputed elsewherPeace
Koot.
It's just speculation, I also think that the GC in the kootenays could very well be different than lower mainland. Whatever it is, it's top notch. When seeds are available let me know I would love to run them next to my pk,hashplant,and gc clones lol.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 AM   #54
Kootenay

Kootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to beholdKootenay is a splendid one to behold
BBB - Yeah i too feel that is the case. I for one will never add Kush to anything unless thats what it was already named.

Hulkster - I recieved my clone of the GC from the Okanagan. Cant say i noticed any difference in any of the samples i have tried from the Kootenays. Yeah give them a shot!

Peace
koot.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #55
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
koot i totally appreciate what you are saying on the name thing but the unfortunate reality is there is likely no less than 20 high quality hybrids out there that are all top notch but have little to no genetics that originated in the kush mountains which would make them actually deserving of the name kush. i take nothing away from, og.bubba,sfv,asain,purple,head band,fire ,poison, or any other awesome cutting that has had the "kush" title added to it. i am having a hell of a time sorting this mess out to find what i am looking for. any info you have on the kush you mentioned is appreciated.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #56
GreenintheThumb
fuck the ticket, bought the ride

GreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant futureGreenintheThumb has a brilliant future
You mentioned fem seeds? Do you plan to release s1s of these clones or are you ganna actually put some work in? Yeah, the question's that loaded.
GreenintheThumb jest offline   Quote

Old 11-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #57
VagPuncher
Balls Deep!!

VagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivorVagPuncher is a survivor
Excellent news Koots!

I'm very stoked for you and your new venture.

Tell me if you ever need anything. I'll keep the car running just in case!~

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #58
Kootenay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenintheThumb View Post
You mentioned fem seeds? Do you plan to release s1s of these clones or are you ganna actually put some work in? Yeah, the question's that loaded.
Both.

Koot

Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #59
Kootenay

Vagine - Just make sure you take the car out of the garage first...hahaha! Thanks Brother.

Koot.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #60
SOTF420

Mail...

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE